Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,426

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    Quote Originally Posted by veemon_ro

    Onyxia was quite a hard boss back in the day. The fact that SOME guilds killed her really fast doesn't invalidate the fact that MOST if not ALL newly started guilds had to do at least 3 days of progress on her to get her down.
    What? My guild 29 manned her in a mix of ZG/AQ20/Early MC gear.

    Stop having delusional thoughts. She was "challenging" - okay, I'll give you that. But she wasn't a hard boss...

    Loot doesn't matter in wotlk. I just proved my theory by having an alt lvled in 2 weeks and beeing able to tank25 man toc wich is the end game content. Atm playing for loot is like playing for achievments. They're fun but pointless
    No, Trial of the Grand Crusader is the end game content.

    Go do that with your "2 week geared" alt and tell me how it goes.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  2. #62

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    What? My guild 29 manned her in a mix of ZG/AQ20/Early MC gear.

    Stop having delusional thoughts. She was "challenging" - okay, I'll give you that. But she wasn't a hard boss...

    No, Trial of the Grand Crusader is the end game content.

    Go do that with your "2 week geared" alt and tell me how it goes.
    Cool so you did Onyxia after shes been out for 2 years and claim it's not hard.

  3. #63
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,426

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    I fail to see how that matters, as opposed to 40 manning her earlier with superior gear.

    What's your point?
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  4. #64

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    Wiped several times, the second phase is interesting without any kind of communication(and 3~ppl with nax10 stuff) but everything else is easy.
    10 man, speaking.

  5. #65
    Pit Lord Eurytos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    2,255

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    She is the new Sarth 0 but with more gimmicks.
    But Sarth +0 was the new original Ony.

    So really, Onyxia is the new Sarth +0, which was the new original Ony, which is now the refurbished Onyxia who seems to Deep Breath more. Did I get that right?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytos/advanced

    If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

  6. #66
    Immortal seam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,020

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    It's pretty easy, wiped once due to a rogue getting hit into adds then killed her next attempt and got "She deep breaths more (25)" our second attemp.

  7. #67

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    Looking forward to try it, but also sad to hear its so easy its pugged and rofl to hell.

    I think "hard" does mean that you wipe 1 or 2 times for most people nowdays... is that really really hard? The new hard? Hard to swallow you don't oneshot it? Go QQ more!

  8. #68

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    What? My guild 29 manned her in a mix of ZG/AQ20/Early MC gear.

    Stop having delusional thoughts. She was "challenging" - okay, I'll give you that. But she wasn't a hard boss...

    No, Trial of the Grand Crusader is the end game content.

    Go do that with your "2 week geared" alt and tell me how it goes.
    Delusional thoughts? Try it when the only other raid dungeon was MC and most people were in blues. Also the talents were worse and people generally had less of a clue.

    The very fact AQ was out when you went there makes your opinion on its difficulty invalid.

  9. #69
    Immortal seam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7,020

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    Thinking about it, I will say this, she hits pretty hard on 10 man.

    She was hitting me for upwards to 18k =o

  10. #70

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    What? My guild 29 manned her in a mix of ZG/AQ20/Early MC gear.

    Stop having delusional thoughts. She was "challenging" - okay, I'll give you that. But she wasn't a hard boss...
    And you did that in your first atempt of her while every one was new at the encounter? I find it hard to bealive.

    No, Trial of the Grand Crusader is the end game content.

    Go do that with your "2 week geared" alt and tell me how it goes.
    What new experience does trial of grand crusader provides? Anything i haven't seen the normal way?

  11. #71

    Re: New Onyxia Difficulty

    Quote Originally Posted by roflpot
    Delusional thoughts? Try it when the only other raid dungeon was MC and most people were in blues. Also the talents were worse and people generally had less of a clue.

    The very fact AQ was out when you went there makes your opinion on its difficulty invalid.
    exactly, and the blue gear from strat and scholo was garbage (with today standards) 0 spell dmg on cloth and so on.
    the loot from mc was also shit, tank equip with spirit on it ;D
    when ony was new on 60 she was definitely harder than now. mainly because of the crap gear + shitty talents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •