Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    varien

Re: New Elemental buffs, what are the numbers?

yeah ofc we wont be as good as 'CRAZEE CASTERZ' was just speaking like a retard but a good caster we can hold our own against.

Well Prior to the patch I struggled to stay in the top 5, now I hit it regularly.

Good enough for me.

thx blizzard
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DaDimi
    Normalmode is really serious business!
    Next thing:
    When raiding with really great people, you'll be closer to the other casters, but that's about it.
    Yes, Northrend Beasts is a great encounter for us, at least if you're not unlucky with Snowbolds/whatever.
    But just compare yourself to your Lock - 1k DPS difference is a whole lot.
    Jaraxxus-Normalmode is waaaay too diffirent from Heroic mode, seeing as on Normalmode you can just spam Jaraxxus and that's it, while the Heroic mode requires you to switch between targets.
    The rest is... meh... Val'kyr depends on luck and Anub depends on guilds strategy.

But the point is:
    You won't stand a chance against "CRAZEE CASTERZ", but you CAN compete with good casters, at least if you know what the f*ck to do and are more than equally geared.
    Where did I say that we were in any way capable of competing with pure DPS classes? That's right, I didn't. And are we supposed to? No. Why? Because we're a support class, a bit like shadow priests.
    Regardless of the encounter, be that normal or heroic mode, you and I both know that this recent buff + t9 4part bonus surely helped alot on our DPS.
    I'm not saying we're anywhere close to the pure DPS'ers, but we've sure taken a step in the right direction.
    So please, read what I write before replying with jibberish like that.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g.../?s=900&e=1399 - A bit of heroic mode for you. Still, better than I had expected.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Flixe
    Where did I say that we were in any way capable of competing with pure DPS classes? That's right, I didn't. And are we supposed to? No. Why? Because we're a support class, a bit like shadow priests.
    Regardless of the encounter, be that normal or heroic mode, you and I both know that this recent buff + t9 4part bonus surely helped alot on our DPS.
    I'm not saying we're anywhere close to the pure DPS'ers, but we've sure taken a step in the right direction.
    So please, read what I write before replying with jibberish like that.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/g.../?s=900&e=1399 - A bit of heroic mode for you. Still, better than I had expected.
    Well.. sorry for being a bit rude, but you see... your first post was way too much to read... when seeing such a Wall of Text I'm having really big problems extracting the right information.
    But let me try again... some Troll before you wrote, that we might be able to compete with the other casters now. (including Mages and Locks of course.. i mean.. there are 5 casters, Spriest, Locks, Mages, Boomkins and Elementals... so when talking about casters, you're automatically talking about all of 'em)
    Now.. someone quoted him and wrote "Not really.", meaning that we're not able to compete with all of 'em.
    You quoted that person and wrote "Yes, really." and posted a combatlog... saying that he was wrong and that we can compete with those players.

Now... you clearly wrote that "we are in any way capable of competing with pure DPS classes". Seeing as "Casters" includes two pure DPS classes.
    You used only two words to express that, but you did. So no turning back now, kay?

PS: You're not using CL enough... you used LvB 40 times, but CL only 11 times on Northrend Beasts. Maybe change that a bit and you'll see better DPS results.

This is a very nice buff indeed, getting like 500~ free dps.
    Only 1000 left until I can compete with other casters except SP.

Quote Originally Posted by varien
    THA BUFF IS WELL GUD YO ITS LIKE MEGA DPS INCREASE MAYB NAO WE CAN STAND A CHANCE GAINST ALL DEM OTHER CRAZEE CASTERZ
    Does this seem like a guy who knows what he's talking about to you? Didn't think so.
    If we go into analyzing, you will find that his choice of words (read: maybe) to be the main point of attention.

Maybe:

–adverb
    1. perhaps; possibly: Maybe I'll go too

Well.. sorry for being a bit rude, but you see... your first post was way too much to read... when seeing such a Wall of Text I'm having really big problems extracting the right information.
    But let me try again... some Troll before you wrote, that we might be able to compete with the other casters now. (including Mages and Locks of course.. i mean.. there are 5 casters, Spriest, Locks, Mages, Boomkins and Elementals... so when talking about casters, you're automatically talking about all of 'em)
    Now.. someone quoted him and wrote "Not really.", meaning that we're not able to compete with all of 'em.
    You quoted that person and wrote "Yes, really." and posted a combatlog... saying that he was wrong and that we can compete with those players.

Now... you clearly wrote that "we are in any way capable of competing with pure DPS classes". Seeing as "Casters" includes two pure DPS classes.
    You used only two words to express that, but you did. So no turning back now, kay?

PS: You're not using CL enough... you used LvB 40 times, but CL only 11 times on Northrend Beasts. Maybe change that a bit and you'll see better DPS results.
    So, seeing as that guy wrote "maybe", I replied to a "Not really." with a "Yea, really."
    It may be hard for you to understand how the english language works, but I find it to be perfectly easy.

PS: I'm using the amount of CL I want to.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Flixe
    Does this seem like a guy who knows what he's talking about to you? Didn't think so.
    If we go into analyzing, you will find that his choice of words (read: maybe) to be the main point of attention.
    So, seeing as that guy wrote "maybe", I replied to a "Not really." with a "Yea, really."
    It may be hard for you to understand how the english language works, but I find it to be perfectly easy.
    Well, seeing as he's as Troll one has to say that NOTHING he wrote can in any way be taken seriously.
    And still... he wrote "maybe", someone else wrote that that will not be the case.
    Now you write that it MIGHT be the case and post a link to your logs.

WHAT THE HELL shall we think of that?
    "You're wrong and the guy above you (the Troll) is right, here's a log to prove." <--- That's the message you send us.
    Now I came along and stated that you're wrong. And that we're not even "maybe" able to compete with mages/locks, except for gimmick-fights. (As proven in several logs.. and by yourself, too)

I mean... we just don't stand a chance against mages or locks. Period.
    If you already have an elemental shaman and a mage in your raid and you've got 1 free slot, a mage and an elemental compete for it, both equally geared and skilled.
    Who will you take? A serious raiding guild WILL take the mage. Just because he WILL do more Damage. And that's all there is to it.

We simply don't stand a chance against equal mages/locks, and that's how it should be. (we're quite about where we should be right now... let's see how ICC will change that)

Now that we have a warlock that's passed my ToW I get to use fire totems more. I think they expect elemental to only cast damage totems when they're saying we're fine. Would be nice to see ToW glyph make up for the lack of using a damage totem and make up for using up a glyph slot. With totem down I'm more around 6-7k still well behind feral and ret.

Well, seeing as he's as Troll one has to say that NOTHING he wrote can in any way be taken seriously.
    And still... he wrote "maybe", someone else wrote that that will not be the case.
    Now you write that it MIGHT be the case and post a link to your logs.

WHAT THE HELL shall we think of that?
    "You're wrong and the guy above you (the Troll) is right, here's a log to prove." <--- That's the message you send us.
    Now I came along and stated that you're wrong. And that we're not even "maybe" able to compete with mages/locks, except for gimmick-fights. (As proven in several logs.. and by yourself, too)

I mean... we just don't stand a chance against mages or locks. Period.
    If you already have an elemental shaman and a mage in your raid and you've got 1 free slot, a mage and an elemental compete for it, both equally geared and skilled.
    Who will you take? A serious raiding guild WILL take the mage. Just because he WILL do more Damage. And that's all there is to it.

We simply don't stand a chance against equal mages/locks, and that's how it should be. (we're quite about where we should be right now... let's see how ICC will change that)
    At the time of my first post, it was still pretty unclear how well we would perform. Wouldn't you say?
    Now that we have some more data to look at and compare to, it's clear that we still dont stand a chance against other, pure casters.
    As you just said, we're not supposed to be in that "league".
    Regardless, we were talking about numbers, and I had indeed seen an increase in my own DPS. Hence the log-linking.

Anyways, as long as we agree that we're still not "top DPS", we're all good.

You guys are like Trolling Each other.

Trolls Trolling Trolls that aren't really trolls that Trolled a real troll in the begining.

o.o
    Signature Nazi's suck.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Muezick
    You guys are like Trolling Each other.

Trolls Trolling Trolls that aren't really trolls that Trolled a real troll in the begining.

o.o
    <- Male Troll, hence I'm allowed to do so :P

Quote Originally Posted by tacklebox
    Now that we have a warlock that's passed my ToW I get to use fire totems more. I think they expect elemental to only cast damage totems when they're saying we're fine. Would be nice to see ToW glyph make up for the lack of using a damage totem and make up for using up a glyph slot. With totem down I'm more around 6-7k still well behind feral and ret.
    Reading that made me think... if we wouldn't have to put down ToW and if Searing Totem would have a better range (hence always hitting the boss), we'd be in quite a nice spot. Maybe equal to Mages or at least only 5% behind 'em... that'd be great o.O
    Might be the reason they haven't done anything to Fire Totems, although they told us to do so in the Q&A some ages ago.