Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Ret Pally minor Glyphs ( Some ideas )

I was thinking since Ret Pallys have terribad minor glyphs ( At least for PvP , the sense undead one is really just more useful in PvE situations ) , and some other classes have it better such as warrior ( Not talking about the spec or spell or OMFG OP or shit , just talking about MINOR glyphs , please do NOT go off topic)
    that we can add some new ideas to the minor glyphs such as :

Glyph of hand of salvation :
    The current one reduces damage by 20% but it's placed as a major glyph. It is good but can be replaced , and not a lot of paladins take it anyway... what if it was made minor with a 10% damage reduction instead of 20% ? EVERY paladin would have it, at least and 1 more extra panic button with a 2 mins CD won't hurt ( If 10% less damage is still OP for a minor , it can even made into : Reduce all spell damage by 10% for the duration , so doesn't affect melees when used )

Glyph of Hammer of Justice:
    Increase range of Hammer of Justice by 5 yards ? Just like the charge one for warriors . ( Not OP imo even if it's set from major to minor though )

Glyph of Avenging Wrath:
    When Avenging Wrath is active the Paladin levitates ( Same as priest's levitate , we need a fun factor too ! Like walk on water for rogues or something ) , in addition , increase all damage by 1% when Avenging Wrath is active ( Could still be removed , but just to add something )

Just some ideas .. please fill me in with some insights and for the love of God , I would prefer replies from people who are currently playing paladin or at least Ret specced or something . No need for a random poster to just mark his presence here .

Cheers.

[Sig Snipped]

Re: Ret Pally minor Glyphs ( Some ideas )

well we already have a glyph for hammer of justice that extends its range by 5 yards, so you should be happy about that. Of course it's a major glyph. I like this one:

Minor Glyph of Resistance - Your resistance auras are increased by 20%
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Spooky Action at a Distance~

I was inclined to agree at one time, but if you look at other classes' minor glyphs, most of them suck too.

Sorry fixed , I actually knew that , 6 a.m post ftl .

Just fixed to actually make the glyph more attractive if it's moved from Major to minor for HoJ. And cool insight on the resistance one , may get a paladin to really think more about aura swapping.

@ Shiftynou :

Yes , most of the minor glyphs suck but there is always some that are actually viable whereas a Ret Pala = 0 minors , kinda sad. Some classes though have 3 minors that are needed i.e warriors

Just a couple of ideas I had , not really OP stuff imo , don't know if it would be really viable though

[Sig Snipped]

i'd so get the avenging wrath one just for the lol factor

15+ Year Old Account

The one and only one I am waiting for is "Glyph of __________ " : Your greater blessings no longer require reagents.

Would love to free up 4 or 5 bag slots.

ret has 2, not zero. Sure the undead one isnt used much anymore, but the lay on hands glyph is a must for all paladins. If you are looking at it from a pvp perspective than how in the world do you think that those are balanced minors?
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Ehh, You guys are kinda over-valueing minor glyphs. They are supposed to be minimal, not a moderately large increase to ANYTHING.

Increased durations, removing reagents, stuff like that.

20% increase of resistance aura's would be a major glyph, not a Minor one. Same with the hand of salv, that would have to be a 5% or lower reduction of damage in order for it to be minor.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Swampmoose
    The one and only one I am waiting for is "Glyph of __________ " : Your greater blessings no longer require reagents.

Would love to free up 4 or 5 bag slots.
    exactly this..
    why cant we have it?
    we dont need more than this

10+ Year Old Account

I would also want a:

Glyph of Redemption
    Minor Glyph
    Classes: Paladin
    Requires Level 15
    Item Level 10
    Use: Reduces the mana cost of your Redemption spell by 70%.

Seriously, having to drink as Ret after one Res = fail.

15+ Year Old Account

I've been saying what Swampy has been saying. I hate reagents. It especially sucks now, because I'm swapping back and forth between Ret and Prot almost every fight in ToC, and my buff is always dropped. Not costing a reagent would be great, though, if the buff I give(Kings) is available in both specs, it shouldn't drop in the first place. Sanc is the only one that should operate this way. Either of those solutions would be fantastic.

Lol @ rezzing people as prot or ret. GIMME MOAR BETTAR MNR GLIF!1!

I could see reagents being a thing of the past in Cataclysm, tbh. Blizz is moving towards "more fun talents" and things of this nature. Reagents are a PITA. They could be gone all together at that point.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account

Glyph of Swift Pursuit:

Increases the speed granted by your Pursuit of Justice talent by 10%

C
    x

-Mana cost reduction on rez would be nice.
    -Maybe a 1 or 2% base mana gain increase on judgements of the wise?
    -At least getting rid of DI reagent requirement since they only stack up to 5.
    -Instead of just cutting down the mana cost of blessing of kings, have a minor that reduces the mana cost of all greater blessings by 50% so that prot/ret pallies can buff the raid without having to drink 2-3 times.

In other news, hand of salv should remain a major. It's actually quite useful while tanking and PVPing and I love blizzard for adding it.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by ghola
    Minor Glyph of Resistance - Your resistance auras are increased by 20%
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeid
    Glyph of hand of salvation :
    minor with a 10% damage reduction instead of 20% ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Caelic
    Glyph of Swift Pursuit:
    Increases the speed granted by you Pursuit of Justice by 10%
    These 3 Minor glyphs would be OP in PvP.

Minor glyphs are suppose to make life easier like remove regent cost or reduce mana cost on buffs.

And for the "Other classes have it better" have you ever seen the warlock glyphs (minor)?

Anyway, the reduce cost on ress would fitt retri very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Reagents are a PITA. They could be gone all together at that point
    QFT

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia

And for the "Other classes have it better" have you ever seen the warlock glyphs (minor)?
    Yes I have, they are quite decent.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

There is a huge opportunity for lots of great minor glyphs - i suspect blizz wanted to leave some space for adding to Inscription in the next xpac so put in just a few lackluster minor glyphs for each class. Here are a few more suggestions for pallys:

Minor Glyph of:
    - Justice: increases the range of your Judgment of Justice spell by 2 yards
    - Divine Sacrifice: this spell is automatically triggered whenever you cast Divine Shield when not on cooldown
    - Forbearance: reduces the duration of Forbearance by 20 seconds
    - Faith: increases the amount of mana you gain from your Judgements of the Wise talent by 3%
    - Weapons: your two-handed weapon specialization talent now also applies to one-handed weapons (for those sword & board rets out there - yeah, this one would probably be a major glyph)
    - Purity: removes the cooldown of your Purify spell and increases the mana cost by 4%
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~Spooky Action at a Distance~

Deleted

- Purity: removes the cooldown of your Purify spell and increases the mana cost by 4%
    Wtf is this ?

Minor Glyph of:
    - Divine Sacrifice: this spell is automatically triggered whenever you cast Divine Shield when not on cooldown
    - Forbearance: reduces the duration of Forbearance by 20 seconds
    - Faith: increases the amount of mana you gain from your Judgements of the Wise talent by 3%
    - Weapons: your two-handed weapon specialization talent now also applies to one-handed weapons (for those sword & board rets out there - yeah, this one would probably be a major glyph)
    -Nice
    -Too Strong - No
    -Why?
    -Sword and Board Retris? wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by nwo
    -Mana cost reduction on rez would be nice.
    -Maybe a 1 or 2% base mana gain increase on judgements of the wise?
    -At least getting rid of DI reagent requirement since they only stack up to 5.
    -Instead of just cutting down the mana cost of blessing of kings, have a minor that reduces the mana cost of all greater blessings by 50% so that prot/ret pallies can buff the raid without having to drink 2-3 times.
    -Nice
    -No
    -Hmm would be nice without having to waste a Glyph spot
    -yep need that for Sanctuary and BoM at least (BoW is provided by holy so who cares)

Nice insights here and most statements stand correct however :

-5 more yards on HoJ emm I just made it similar to the Warrior's minor charge glyph with 5 more yard range or Warlock's CoE with 5 more yard range too or MAYBE increase Area of Divine Storm by 5 yards. I just.. like the glyphs with 5 more yards lol , always helpful in a way

- Avenging Wrath one = lol factor yes hehe , don't see it as an OP minor glyph since it's mostly about the heck of it ( levitate with wings = lololol )

- Removing the HoS glyph yea maybe would be a bit OP for a minor , I just thought maybe 1 more spell for a Ret would be nice , however , I'd go with the removing shit regents too , would still be good and makes life easier.

- Or the redemption , but I don't think they would implement -70% mana cost on it , or holy's would have it really easy on the res , and other healers = QQ train inc

[Sig Snipped]

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zeid
    - Or the redemption , but I don't think they would implement -70% mana cost on it , or holy's would have it really easy on the res , and other healers = QQ train inc
    Then make one for the other classes too?

Or just reduce the cost >:l