Newbie shaman , weapon speed and haste question.

Hey guys , i had this question in my mind for a long time and today i finally decided to post it.

I know the optimum speed for enhancement shaman weapons are 2.5 - 2.9 ish speed. But if you stack alot of haste. the weapon speeds gets faster.

So if you stack alot of haste and the weapon speed get faster isnt that lowering your dps, since faster weapons do less dps then 2.5-2.9 speed weapons.

Its probably a stupid question , but i just wanted this to be cleared up.

Re: Newbie shaman , weapon speed and haste question.

Haste only increases your attack speed you won't do less damage with your hits.

Imagine a weapon with a 10 second attack speed that hits for 100 damage 10% haste makes your attack speed 9 seconds but your attacks still hit for 100 damage.

Hope that helps
    Quote Originally Posted by Underskilled View Post
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

Ah so when a 2.6 weapon is optimal for windfury .. and a 1.4 dagger is way too fast.
    it doesnt matter if you , lets say have 600 haste on that 2.6 weapon that makes it 1.5 or 1.6 speed, it does the same windfury procs / dmg as it was 2.6

Exactly and because more hits=more crits that means more unleashed rage,flurry,and more hits to proc maelstrom so more casts meaning more spell crits and more elemental devastion procs

Also dont mind the lack of correct puncuation and what not it's late and I'm running on almost no sleep
    I play horde.

I smash my keyboard repetitively while yelling "MAKIN SHIT HAPPEN" over and over at the top of my lungs.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by epard
    Exactly and because more hits=more crits that means more unleashed rage,flurry,and more hits to proc maelstrom so more casts meaning more spell crits and more elemental devastion procs

Also dont mind the lack of correct puncuation and what not it's late and I'm running on almost no sleep
    As far as I'm aware the acual speed of the weapon doesn't make much difference, its the +damage modifier that does, as you tend to get higher +damage on slower weapons, and lower +damage on faster ones.

(Note +Damage NOT +DPS)

Well yeah Djinni but for the most part slower weapons hit harder also stormstrike, lava lash, and I believe windfury are not normalized and benefit from slow weapons.
    I play horde.

Thanks for clearing this up guys