dk frostmage 2v2 combo

Hey, just after a couple of opinions on this set up. also looking for pointers if anyone has tried it.

anyhows.

I teamed up with a rl friend that plays frost mage who i dont need to worry about in arena (i 3v3 with my rogue and him), but thought I would try this season on the deathknight.. mainly as a challenge (lol).. but there are a number of problems that rise (just to clear we are at 1900 rating and stuck lol). Ok so all the gear is offset relentless and a mixture of furious/deadly (769 res)

Current spec - Unholy.

Problems.

I am the main target so all the focus is on me.
    Lack of escape options
    Resto Druids/Rogues/Locks.
    We have no healer

Solution Ideas.

Frost spec.. maybe blood?
    New tactics.. or scrap the idea lol.
    Become more "tanky"

Normally focus on the dps to expose the rogue or druid, then I switch to burn the healer and the dps is cc by the mage.. this sometimes happens, unless the healer messes up and we nuke the dps.We are ok skill wise 63% win but I cant survive the burst thats the main problem i Think.

Anyhows cheers for reading and ta in advance loves

ganker/wiper/failer/arena booster - Horde @Emerald Dream (eu) since 05

Re: dk frostmage 2v2 combo

I have done this combo to about 2200, but as frost with some tanking specs, nonetheless, this was last season and FS being OP with ulduar sigil.

I had about 900 resil to go with it, but the key is the mage in your survivability. If your mage is pro, you will go far. Against melee teams, he should be able to lock them down and with you HC and other slow affects, it helps.

Unholy I feel would be bad for this comp, blood as well. If you LOS quite often, range burst won't be as bad.

Cheers mate, just tried frost and now its more of a kiting game once i survive the burst.. then we can cc the healer or dps depending on the situation, I switch to blood pressence to gain my some hp back on the melee/healer.. but 15 games one 4 lost since the change

I think a big thing with this comp is focus counterspells from the mage and lots of LOS. Make their dps LOS their healer if he wants to do damage and i would definitely go frost. No BS but with rune taps and the added CC i think its a better option. I followed a S6 gladiator mage/DK team for a while. Dont remember his name though... =/
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

cheers for the help, just a tiny report we hit 2k but now facing better geared players (experienced also) until we get our points next week : / but all seems good atm unless im/mage is fully cc.. and dont get me started on a team with a resto druid

Hmm, firstly I would respec to frost for the extra CC and survivability. Just try to get rid of trinkets fast, CC healer then nuke.

walls o' textual eyerape
    IT'S ALL FUN AND GAMES UNTIL SOMEONE LOSES THEIR ANAL VIRGINITY

Played that comp for some time with a friend last season, after trying out different options i specced unholy. Generally if I could get gargoyle out and silence/ghoulstun, we easily won games.

vs. rog team, wait till rog opens on you, stun him and IBF, then ignore him and try to help your teammate nuke something.

vs. restodruids, well, y, its kinda hard but doable with proper control and damage switching. We mostly faced pala teams back then tho, so i dont have alot of experience here. I would tried to start on druid, then switch to his dps chaining silences and ghoulstun on druid.

With lock it really depends on comp, but usually with lock + dps nuking lock works wonders, vs. lock healer it kinda depends on healer.

Generally, I found killing DPS is easier vs. every healer except maybe druid, because you can sheep the hell out of any healer and palas are bound to eat imp. CS from mage and be silent for quite some time. Amount of CC that mage can unleash is simply amazing, you guys just need to get used to it.