Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are AFKers in battlegrounds actually punished?

As the name says, do you actually get punished for AFKing all the time in battlegrounds? Especially AV to level up. My friend for example leveled from 60 to 80 by doing nothing but afking in AV. He has not received the slightest punishment.

Re: Are AFKers in battlegrounds actually punished?

I have never known any one to be punished for it.

I lvled my warrior from 72-80 that way and nothing happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dj
    your a Gnome, how the heck does it feel to suck that badly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Xtacle
    Gnomes are awesome, and piss people off, how does it feel to die to a tiny pink puffball?

No. There is no punishment what so ever except for deserter and WHOA 15 minutes out of your life.

more like AFKaving amirite?

15+ Year Old Account

Tbh, AFK'ers deserve some punishment. Imo, if you get Inactive debuff, that should be an instant kick and big deserter debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a galaxy far, far away, but just close enough to be home by dinner.

Haven't seen any punishment whatsoever so far.

Well... If they are AFK and using some kind of program that makes their character
    move once every minute or so, they can get punished. I should know. I did it a few
    times. I think I got banned twice for it.

Also there is that debuff-thingie if you get reported by enough players for being AFK.
    You know, when you can't recieve any honor untill you enter PvP-combat...
    But that does'nt happen very often. And it's also just one, of many, BGs they join.

Edit: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Voltarius
    Tbh, AFK'ers deserve some punishment. Imo, if you get Inactive debuff, that should be an instant kick and big deserter debuff.
    Would be abused.

I don't know, I was in a PVP guild a while back and the vast majority of the most active memebers were permabanned for afking. Obviously they must have had some other previous incident to receive a permaban, but afking does get punished it seems. I have a feeling I am missing something though and that there were ther circumstances (like a bot) or whatever considering no one else reports punishment.

15+ Year Old Account

Yea, i got a 3 hour ban during the night once : /

Quote Originally Posted by Voisin
    Yea, i got a 3 hour ban during the night once : /
    Same, or if it was 3 days, not sure.

to make a bot for AFK is the easy thing you can program it's just download visual basic.net and typ send.key("a") on load ;D

with the 3.2.2 patch they changed the afk system. i wont go threw the story so ill make it short

i was in wsg on defence. got reported afk but didnt see my debuff, i was siting there fat dumb and happy thinking to myself " wow no horde wonder whats going on " then i see the debuff with 10 seconds left. the game was 1/1 with 15 min left, i ran out to smack somthing to get rid of the debuff but couldnt find anyone in time. when the debuff timer hit 0 i was kicked with a nice 15 min deserter debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by meliancill
    with the 3.2.2 patch they changed the afk system. i wont go threw the story so ill make it short

i was in wsg on defence. got reported afk but didnt see my debuff, i was siting there fat dumb and happy thinking to myself " wow no horde wonder whats going on " then i see the debuff with 10 seconds left. the game was 1/1 with 15 min left, i ran out to smack somthing to get rid of the debuff but couldnt find anyone in time. when the debuff timer hit 0 i was kicked with a nice 15 min deserter debuff.
    Well atleast its nice to see they improved it

anuket

Why would Blizzard punish a massive amount of paying customers?

It's too bad because

AFKers are pathetic trash

If Blizzard had to employ enough people to moderate pvp effectively it would cut into their nice profits. Instead they slap a band aid on it so the players can do their work for them and lets face it, very few WoW players care enough to report afks.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.

Cant understand why blizz cant introduce "auto-kick AFKers" - just kick em from BG if they are OOC more then X min (2 min for WsG, 3 min for EoTS/SotA/AB, 5 min for AV/IoQ). ATM they arent actually punished by any means...voting system suck coz it's based on players reports instead current state of "AFKer". IMHO.

My english was bad, but since I left EU for my own loc. server it become even more bad. Sorry for leaving You, EU :P

Quote Originally Posted by IhatePvE
    Cant understand why blizz cant introduce "auto-kick AFKers" - just kick em from BG if they are OOC more then X min (2 min for WsG, 3 min for EoTS/SotA/AB, 5 min for AV/IoQ). ATM they arent actually punished by any means...voting system suck coz it's based on players reports but on actualy state of "AFKer". IMHO.
    Doing that would not kick afkers only, but everyone that is not running around zerging mindless, especialy in AB and EoTS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parynziux
    So, you are clearly the biggest nerf to your class. Hush.

Cant understand why blizz cant introduce "auto-kick AFKers" - just kick em from BG if they are OOC more then X min (2 min for WsG, 3 min for EoTS/SotA/AB, 5 min for AV/IoQ). ATM they arent actually punished by any means...voting system suck coz it's based on players reports instead current state of "AFKer". IMHO.
    basically your saying people protecting the flag carrier and defendeing flags should go to hell for afking

anuket

Quote Originally Posted by Dreznel
    basically your saying people protecting the flag carrier and defendeing flags should go to hell for afking
    No just you.

That would ruin the point in BG's, which by the way isn't zerging around mindlessly.