Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Shadow Priest Buff 3.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    So either you are insinuating that the extensive data collection and analysis by blizzard is incorrect or that individuals who usually do far less reliable data analysis know more than blizzard. Did it ever occur to anyone that perhaps Blizzard may know more than the average wow player on occasion?
    Blizzard isn't a person, it's a corporation. I've worked in some big corporations, in some big budget IT departments and trust me - mistakes abound. The fact that priests are currently underpowered will be known somewhere in there, but the fact can take a while to pass through the belly of the beast.

Moreover GC frankly will lie and say 'we don't think X has an imbalance problem', when he knows damn well that they do but he's after more discussion on the forums regarding the exact details. If he came out and said that spriests needed a 1k dps bump people would be demanding an immediate hotfix of coefficients, instead he'll keep saying that there's 'no problem, but we're open to the discussion' till the day you see a solution on the ptr.

In this case I think they've realized that the solution needs to hold right through ICC, and until they have something ready for release - possibly in 3.3 - they'll keep denying there's an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by luthi
    For the buff to be equal to "1-200 SP" you would need to have 1000-2000 spirit.

If you have that much spirit, you're doing something either horribly wrong, or horribly right.
    .3*1000=300
    .3*2000=600

Go back to middle school.....

Quote Originally Posted by Deathwatcher
    .3*1000=300
    .3*2000=600

Go back to middle school.....
    Um - the buff isn't 30% of your spirit to SP - that's the full effect of talent & glyph. The buff is just an additional 10% on top of the 20% you had in 3.2

.1*2000 = 200

So yeh - he's right, you're wrong. Remedial math class is down the hall on the left.

Quote Originally Posted by Berner
    Currently got about 2650sp, 25% crit, 320 haste with selfbuffs and hit capped ofc.

I was able to pull 6250dps on Koralon-25 yesterday in a crappy raid, without flasks or anything.
    what do you put down on the dummy with only IF and DS? I have more SP, slightly less crit and more haste and can get no where near 6250dps fully flasked and fooded on any fight let along koralon and I don't think it's a L2P issue.

I love the people who say 'I like it I'm in the middle, its all fine!!!' that's because the people below you are either under your gear level or just suck big time.

I know, I know... you think Timmy is a good player and he rarely stands in fire but truth is he can't dps for shit.
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

Quote from: GhostcrawlerIn the case of Shadow priests, we thought damage was a little low and made a very small adjustment. Many Shadow priests think their dps is still unacceptably low, but we don't agree.

What? Shadow Priests dominate aoe damage by a mile, anyone who says otherwise knows nothing of spriests.

Besides, priests should be healing.

what I ment by I'm in the middle was I'm not always on the bottom of the metre wondering how long my raid spot will last. I have my moments when I'm in the top 5, but generally I'm around the middle of the pack.

sure I'm not going to turn away a shadow buff, but I'm not one of those crying out for buffs because they can't get invites due to low dps

shadow priests don't dominate aoe by a mile at all. I often unleash mind sear into a pack of mobs only to see the 2 rogues ahead of me by quite a bit on damage

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Um - the buff isn't 30% of your spirit to SP - that's the full effect of talent & glyph. The buff is just an additional 10% on top of the 20% you had in 3.2

.1*2000 = 200

So yeh - he's right, you're wrong. Remedial math class is down the hall on the left.
    Orly? Know any shadowpriests with 2k spirit?

My bad I figured the middle school idiots here could have done it in their head, because 10% of 1000 and 2000 is so hard to find?!. For those who didn't do math in their head.
    .2*1000=200
    .2*2000=400

So, 200+(.1*1000)=300
    and 400+(.1*2000)=600

So for all those shadowpriets with 2k spirit, good job, you went from 1500 sp, to 1700 sp, and you are still horrible at your class.

Currently raid at around 700 spirit, so a 70 sp increase. Nothing to sneeze about, but not a huge buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcdragon
    Besides, priests should be healing.
    Bahaha, oh man, you must've had a tough time leveling holy

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    shadow priests don't dominate aoe by a mile at all. I often unleash mind sear into a pack of mobs only to see the 2 rogues ahead of me by quite a bit on damage
    We should be pretty close to the top now, with the 30% nurf to Fan of Knives. Although some oomkins are still kick'n our asses.

Hate to be the jerk who says this, but why is the hybrid dps complaining that they're not number one?...You're not supposed to be the top dps at ANYTHING. In TBC hybrids were purposely put 20% behind pure dps, and in this xpac they're doing a hell of a lot better then that. be happy damnit.

Quote Originally Posted by Shainingu
    Hate to be the jerk who says this, but why is the hybrid dps complaining that they're not number one?...You're not supposed to be the top dps at ANYTHING. In TBC hybrids were purposely put 20% behind pure dps, and in this xpac they're doing a hell of a lot better then that. be happy damnit.
    Mainly because the blue's have said they were wrong about how the hybrids were dps wise in bc. Like we really bring so much utility? I think a blue said we're supposed to be 5%-10% behind pure classes.

A mage brings 5% crit, huntards, 10% ap, loc's 13% spelldmg/10% more of loc's sp, boomkins give 5% crit and 3% haste, shamans give bloodlust and an extra 140 sp and 3% crit or a ton of other buffs, and retadins put out way more healing with jol than our ve ever could.
    What's left? We give replenishment, which 2 higher dps classes can(no one raids as frost).
    And 3% hit? Every class right now should be hit capped, there's too good of gear/gems out there not to be.

So what did we exchange for all of our utility? Just 5%-10% damage.

You dont understand m8.. in tbc we brought something to the raid..
    Today we only bring poor dps...
    According to blizzard:

Paladins : Lovedolls

Priests : Swineflu

I just got beat by a skill mage in half naxx25 gear pressing 2 buttons when I'm in heroic totc10 gear by 800 dps on archavon, I was still 5th but its a joke blizzard rewards 2 button rotations over the complexities of shadow priest.

O and as for 'hybrids do less cause they should hurr durr' what about kittys? Why are they doing as much as rogues?
    'u get constant hit by ice shit from roof so you can travel instantly all across the room'

I will agree that we do more damage, but I have the lowest gearscore in my guild, around 4500, with only 2 piece toc badge lewt gear, the .5 set. I am still top 4 in my guild on almost every fight, usually topping any fight with any aoe at all, and destroying on fights like general hardmode. I actually do top charts relatively often on fights like anub and beasts.

Not to be mean, but either you suck at playing your class, or that mage is amazing, or both.

Hybrids does not exist. You won't be good at anything if you don't specialize.
    When was the last time you saw a holy/shadow specced priest do anything good.

If you really want to talk about hybrids, you have to talk about raidutility, of which we have very little.

I dont know what kind of shadow priests you are or you know but the ones I know do very well. Shadow priests are hands down the dominate hybrid class. 6k-7k single target is low? Our guilds SP was doing 5k+ pre ulduar. If you look at Ensidia's reports thier SP is always in the top 3. Frankly if you cant get good numbers as a SP it is you, not the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleir
    what do you put down on the dummy with only IF and DS? I have more SP, slightly less crit and more haste and can get no where near 6250dps fully flasked and fooded on any fight let along koralon and I don't think it's a L2P issue.
    Although Im not the person whom you are asking the question, but I saw the post you are quoting and I tried to test it out myself
    With Inner fire and Divine Spirit
    I have 561 Spirit, 2539sp, 24.59% crit, 479 haste.

Testing on the lvl?? raid-boss dummy single target dps only (no multidotting). Also the dummy did not have any debuffs on it apart from my own.
    I peaked at 3711 dps. which is fairly mediocre.
    On a non-boss lvl80 dummy i seemed to peak at 4.3k

on koralon last week i pulled 5k dps without flask.

If you're talking about arcane mage post 3.2.2 (assume you are if you are saying 2 button spec) then yes, we just got a huge boost. In my ulduar 10 gear, i went up from 4.5K on XT-10 hard the previous day to 6K on onxyia (yes i admit they are not at all comparable fights, but gives an idea).

I agree that the more complex rotation should give more rewards, but as someone else in this thread pointed out, unless you're raid spot in under threat 'cos you're damage is so low, does it really matter if you are 3rd, 9th or 14th?

What i always lol at is that my priest (an alt) in shadow spec (off spec) with half healer gear (enough to get hit capped) normally comes top 3-4 in 25 mans pugs i do .... Now i really aint that good, so those dps must be slacking!

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

Where shadow priests really shine is multi-target dotting situations. How do you buff us so that when we multi-dot it is not grossly overpowered?