View Poll Results: would you be a happy camper if they gave us the old exo glyph back?

Voters
95. You may not vote on this poll
  • sounds good

23 24.21%
  • meh

24 25.26%
  • into the ground!

48 50.53%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: one simple change and my ret can be a happy camper again (arena)

The Exo glyph in its prior form wouldn't even be that great anyway. A 2 second lockout tied to a 15 second cooldown ability that is on the gcd isn't much to cheer about. While the faceroll comment above isn't really appreciated, the above poster would be correct that we would need to give up some of this defensive utility in order to gain offensive utility.

That said, now that 2's are no longer truly relevant, the need for offensive utility has lessened. Ret brings amazing defensive utility (and nice damage too) which can complement a variety of teams very well in the larger brackets.

Re: one simple change and my ret can be a happy camper again (arena)

Quote Originally Posted by shiftynou
    The Exo glyph in its prior form wouldn't even be that great anyway. A 2 second lockout tied to a 15 second cooldown ability that is on the gcd isn't much to cheer about. While the faceroll comment above isn't really appreciated, the above poster would be correct that we would need to give up some of this defensive utility in order to gain offensive utility.

That said, now that 2's are no longer truly relevant, the need for offensive utility has lessened. Ret brings amazing defensive utility (and nice damage too) which can complement a variety of teams very well in the larger brackets.
    while it may not be much to cheer about, it's exactly what we need. Not only are we sacrificing DPS (saving it for a clutch interrupt instead of spamming it when off CD), it has a moderate cooldown. Hell, even if the glyph nerfed the crit to undead/demon, lengthened the cooldown, or made the spell do little or no damage, I'd still use it.