Poll: would you be a happy camper if they gave us the old exo glyph back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

one simple change and my ret can be a happy camper again (arena)

FIRST OF ALL: please dont turn this into a "i hate rets so nerf them" or one of the million "rets deserve a MS" posts, just read the damn post and post something constructive. oh! and also this is speaking in terms of competitive arena so leave your 1v1 and "i two shot a mage w/ no resil" stories out

kk well everyone here know how often rets are asking for some sort of offensive utility. personally i think all this asking for an MS, a gap closer, AND an interrupt is going really over the top considering our def utility. on the other hand there are really no other classes that really understand how frustrating it is for us to go against a competent healer.
    now i would be just as ecstatic to see us get any one of those three changes but personally this one seems by far the easiest one to implement. not to even mention that we would be giving something else up in order to use it (giving up one of our current glyphs)

what do other people think? seems like such a logical solution to a big problem and i never see anyone mentioning it. and considering that we would now have to save our AoW procs for it it would lower our burst and even then it would be on a 15sec CD which seems like a good one to me personally. i mean face it, any decent healer will NEVER go down against us as is, the days of "Wings+Hammer=Dead" are long over.

EDIT: for those of you who dont know the old exo glyph basically made exo the interrupt we really need

Re: one simple change and my ret can be a happy camper again (arena)

Even having a MS vs a competent healer seems useless at times.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

doesn't really matter what damaging class you are its difficult to kill a healer ms or not and for rogues our ms is almost always dispelable. also what is the old exorcism glyph you didn't explain what it was
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

As a fellow Ret, I must say melee needs no help in pvp. Casters need some love and i'm actually starting to feel bad when i instapwn a furious mage.

The mage you instapwnd was not furious obviously. Sorry to break that to you. If it was a duel , he should stick to PvE

Just my 2 cents.

[Sig Snipped]

Quote Originally Posted by Zeid
    The mage you instapwnd was not furious obviously. Sorry to break that to you. If it was a duel , he should stick to PvE

Just my 2 cents.
    your right but you have to take into consideration that alot of people in this game have down syndrome and he could have gotten furious shoulder's with emblems of triumph / 300 arena points and blah amount of honor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lascer
    I don't always drink tears, but when i do, i prefer undead's.

Stay feared my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius
    doesn't really matter what damaging class you are its difficult to kill a healer ms or not and for rogues our ms is almost always dispelable. also what is the old exorcism glyph you didn't explain what it was
    As a Rogue, your mortal strike is applied on 50% of your mainhand attacks (which doesn't require a global cooldown) and abilities, and deals a substantial amount of armor-ignoring damage. Poisons are fine, if not overperforming. Consider yourself lucky that Blizzard hasn't normalized Crippling Poison, or reduced the damage of Wound Poison, or both.

At the very least, your Mortal Strike effect doubles how much they have to heal- which in effect doubles mana consumption, global cooldowns, and time required. All melee without a Mortal Strike have to work twice as hard to get half as far. Healers are Gods in 1v1, are approaching unkillable in 2v2, and are only ever at risk in 3v3 and above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shainingu
    As a fellow Ret, I must say melee needs no help in pvp. Casters need some love and i'm actually starting to feel bad when i instapwn a furious mage.
    Then that Furious Mage was carried, or is the wrong spec for dealing with a Paladin. Damage Shields combined with their endless amount of roots (Frost Nova, Shattered Barrier, and Frostbite are all on separate Diminishing Returns) ensures that they have enough longevity to put up a fight.

And there's a flaw in your blanket statement. Not all casters need some love in PvP. Discipline Priests, Restoration Druids, (and to a lesser extent) Restoration Shamans, and Holy Paladins all do far better than the non-healing spec'd counterparts, as far as caster survivability go.

I don't know a single Ret Paladin who's killed an equally-geared/competent Resto Druid or Discipline Priest 1v1 in less than three minutes, without the intervention of God/ridiculously awesome crit spree.

Every season, Healers approach godhood, and DPS (of all kinds) fall behind.

Quote Originally Posted by eb88
    haha... then quit
    ye we'll see:P It's really addictive you know. And in the end, saying I'm gonna quit doesn't do anything...

But ye, retripaladins are 1 of the reasons for me quitting if I ever do:P
    Meh

MS is boring and overused.
    Putting MS on any of the current Paladin abilities would be just like when hunters got dispel on Arcane Shot.
    Wont help where its needed and just make us more imbalanced in the areas we're too good in.
    Ret dmg is more than enough to do the job. Time and again someone have survived me DPSing them, not because I didnt do enough dmg to kill them.. But because I had no way of stopping them casting their CC/Big Heals.

And as much as i'd love to get an interrupt for Ret both for PvP and PvE reasons.. I dont want it untill that stupid bubble is either removed, massively nerfed, or made into a Holy talent.
    Being balanced around a defensive ability sucks when you're a Damage Dealer.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines) :-(

wow does anyone even read the freaking post before trolling? srsly 1/2 thee post are straight "screw pallies" and the other half are talking about a MS which frankly i dont want and it stats in the OP that it has nothing to do wit the change that i would like to implement -- and for those that dont know the old exo glyph made exo the interrupt that we badly need.

Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin
    Putting MS on any of the current Paladin abilities would be just like when hunters got dispel on Arcane Shot.
    BTW did you even read the OP? it says NOTHING about wanting an MS

Quote Originally Posted by Tehwolf
    OP, im really happy for you, ima let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time.
    http://kanyelicious.appspot.com/http...n-%28arena%29/

There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

That's Gold!

Quote Originally Posted by Ershiin
    Wont help where its needed and just make us more imbalanced in the areas we're too good in.
    Ret dmg is more than enough to do the job. Time and again someone have survived me DPSing them, not because I didnt do enough dmg to kill them.. But because I had no way of stopping them casting their CC/Big Heals.

And as much as i'd love to get an interrupt for Ret both for PvP and PvE reasons.. I dont want it untill that stupid bubble is either removed, massively nerfed, or made into a Holy talent.
    Being balanced around a defensive ability sucks when you're a Damage Dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nest
    Yo Retardins, I'm really happy for Ya and Imma let ya finish, but You are the most pathetic whiners of all time!

You ain't getting an MS, when do You guys realise that Retri Paladins are fine? ;D
    just delete retripaldins allready. NOONE likes them. noone.

It's wow's cancer.

Get rid of them. yes I'm serious. I might even quit this game just because I throw up every time I se one
    Retardins whining that they can't kill a healer quickly 1 on 1 is a new and exciting concept.
    I like how his first paragraph says he doesn't want any bullshit Mortal Strike request posts, or 1 versus 1 eye witness accounts, and the responses contain all this.

Some of you people just need to take the time to read the original post.

Anywho, from what i remember, the glyph used to be an added bonus of interrupting spell casting for two seconds, but back then Exorcism was still strictly used on undead/demons at the time, so it wasn't as useful.

I honestly don't think that after all this time, making exorcism interrupt spell casting for two seconds via glyph will be the way to go. Im only saying this because many Ret paladins and blizzard views Repentance as a tactic for interrupting casting (despite the fact it really incapacitates them). If you add in Exorcism into the mix, that would include Hammer of Justice, Repentance, AND Exorcism as valid tactics of basically interrupting whatever it is that they are doing, and not very many classes have that much of an array of actions that could spell interrupt.

That is unless, Blizzard somehow ignores an Exorcism revert altogether, and make Repentance have a "If" effect.

For example, When cast on a player target "if" repentance prevented a spell from being cast, it will not incapacitate the target, but interrupt spellcasting for 4 seconds, and repentance's cooldown is reduced by 45 seconds. So all of a sudden, it has a dual purpose of acting as a PvE ranged sap CC, and the "if" scenario turns it into a 15 second spell interrupter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehwolf
    OP, im really happy for you, ima let you finish, but Beyonce had one of the best videos of all time.
    Ok, this shitty meme is forced, and not funny at all. Seriously. I mean, most of them are funny, but this one's like "....What?", so, ya know, ur teh dumbz 4 poastin dat tehwolf.

On-Topic: Yea, I think Ret needs a little more PvP offensive utility. I mean, they don't have a snare, an interrupt, a distance closer, a 6s stun on a 1m CD (And a CC, but breaks on damage. Also on a 1m CD.), a Silence (Aside from Blood Elves, but that's on a 2m CD as well.), or an MS effect.

The closest they have to a Distance Closer is Judgement of Justice tied with Pursuit of Justice, and there's still ways around that (Blink, Warlock Portal thing (forgot the name lol), etc etc), so yea, they're kinda lacking.

No, I'm not a Ret. I roll Tankadin & Assassination Rogue. Both PvE, too. But that doesn't change the fact that Ret has little to no offensive utility.

Now, half of you are probably gonna tell me Ret's are OP and need to be nerfed because "tehy r imba OP an i got 1 shot by one!!!1" while they were in PvE blues, while the other half will reply with "Retribution's damage capabilities paired with their defensive capabilities easily makes up for lack of an interrupt and other such spells. I have a Ret Pala for an Alt and have no problem taking down healers.".
    So, yea, /raise flameshield

Quote Originally Posted by MrPistachio View Post
    Bornakk lifts the cup of coffee up to his mouth...
    ...when the Scythe of Elune comes crashing through it.
    ???: I can't you let you brew that, Starbucks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rifee
    just delete retripaldins allready. NOONE likes them. noone.

It's wow's cancer.

Get rid of them. yes I'm serious. I might even quit this game just because I throw up every time I se one.
    5,000 gold this is a DK. U bash the class and give no reasons for why u do so. And I assume u mean "see" when you used "se". I am all for short hand writing but not mindless trolls that u can not even spell correctly.

Just give ret a few more abilities that require certain conditions to be used, so that it takes skill instead of just bursting the target down till its dead.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thyce
    Ok, this shitty meme is forced, and not funny at all. Seriously. I mean, most of them are funny, but this one's like "....What?", so, ya know, ur teh dumbz 4 poastin dat tehwolf.

On-Topic: Yea, I think Ret needs a little more PvP offensive utility. I mean, they don't have a snare, an interrupt, a distance closer, a 6s stun on a 1m CD (And a CC, but breaks on damage. Also on a 1m CD.), a Silence (Aside from Blood Elves, but that's on a 2m CD as well.), or an MS effect.

The closest they have to a Distance Closer is Judgement of Justice tied with Pursuit of Justice, and there's still ways around that (Blink, Warlock Portal thing (forgot the name lol), etc etc), so yea, they're kinda lacking.

No, I'm not a Ret. I roll Tankadin & Assassination Rogue. Both PvE, too. But that doesn't change the fact that Ret has little to no offensive utility.

Now, half of you are probably gonna tell me Ret's are OP and need to be nerfed because "tehy r imba OP an i got 1 shot by one!!!1" while they were in PvE blues, while the other half will reply with "Retribution's damage capabilities paired with their defensive capabilities easily makes up for lack of an interrupt and other such spells. I have a Ret Pala for an Alt and have no problem taking down healers.".
    So, yea, /raise flameshield
    No.
    That's because you're playing a defencive class. Your stun makes up for lack of other CC. I think that if Paladins get an interrupt they should be penalised for it. Personally, if you want to become an offensive class, then you shouldn't have your Divine Shield (could be wrong naming that, the general bubble that makes you immune to everything), it should be an end tier Holy talent. Divine Protection and Hand of Protection medium/high in the Prot tree and Avenging Wrath up the ret tree. Paladins have a decent amount of burst on them but their shouldn't be a class that can kill most classes with ease, and yet be a defencive wall.

Quote Originally Posted by Felric
    No.
    That's because you're playing a defencive class. Your stun makes up for lack of other CC. I think that if Paladins get an interrupt they should be penalised for it. Personally, if you want to become an offensive class, then you shouldn't have your Divine Shield (could be wrong naming that, the general bubble that makes you immune to everything), it should be an end tier Holy talent. Divine Protection and Hand of Protection medium/high in the Prot tree and Avenging Wrath up the ret tree. Paladins have a decent amount of burst on them but their shouldn't be a class that can kill most classes with ease, and yet be a defencive wall.
    And an interrupt makes us so OP that no class should really have one? Oh wait every class has one on a <30 second cooldown......(except maybe priests, but theirs is a silence)...
    An interrupt could be considered both defensive and offensive...so it doesn't really seem out of place on a defensive class does it? Oh hes polying me and all i can do is just keep hitting him...damn i guess because im defensive i should just sit in this poly....(works with fear,hex, etc). How can that not count as defensive? Especially if you do it to stop them casting it on your team mates?

People seem to hate rets because they require no skill, but as soon as one asks for something that might require a bit of skill people mass QQ about them....

Whats to say the glyph interrupts any spell casting and locks out the school for X, but it reduces the damage done by exorcism by 100%....is that OP? How is it fair that the only two damage spec (moonkins/ret paladins) are the only ones without a valid interrupt?

exactly. it's just as often that im fighting a lock or mage that gets to CC me in in my face, that 1.5 sec i have to sit there thinking.... well guess im getting feared (or polyed) again and have nothing to do about it. i dont see how this cannot be defensive. ive played a lot of classes over the past four years or so and that has seriously got to be the most frustrating part of any class that i have played.

and to the guy that is QQing about our bubble. have u ever even played ret to a decent level? besides bubble (which can be poped or mass dispelled by what seems like 90% of 3s team since that % prolly has either a war or priest) we have freaking TERRIBLE def abilities? i have a lock/war/dk/rogue and each of those feel to have a much larger more control on incoming dmg. whether it be sword,board&def-stance, port away to LoS & sac, vanish w/ evasion or cloak... and dont even get me on DKs def cds...... after all that shit even when playing against rets bubble doesnt feel like much.

and yeah its retarded how often i have to use rep as a interrupt. yay for a 1min cd anyone?