Poll: would you be a happy camper if they gave us the old exo glyph back?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: one simple change and my ret can be a happy camper again (arena)

Just putting this out there....this whole ZOMG RET WANTS MS?!?!!!! Came from someone who happened to be a Ret pally asking if they were giving ALL classes MS to balance pvp due to Frost mages, Spriests and the like getting a MS type of effect. But I suppose if you repeat a lie enough it becomes truth...

Hammer of Justice can be used as an interrupt, Repentance can be used as an interrupt (use at the beginning at a penace cast or at the end of a long heal und you can really F*ck someone up).
    Just because you use Repentance before your opponent even sees you sneaking up on him or HoJ while he is at 100% just to get a free crit doenst mean you couldn't have used those spells otherwise, l2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenaur
    FIRST OF ALL: please dont turn this into a "i hate rets so nerf them" or one of the million "rets deserve a MS" posts, just read the damn post and post something constructive. oh! and also this is speaking in terms of competitive arena so leave your 1v1 and "i two shot a mage w/ no resil" stories out

kk well everyone here know how often rets are asking for some sort of offensive utility. personally i think all this asking for an MS, a gap closer, AND an interrupt is going really over the top considering our def utility. on the other hand there are really no other classes that really understand how frustrating it is for us to go against a competent healer.
    now i would be just as ecstatic to see us get any one of those three changes but personally this one seems by far the easiest one to implement. not to even mention that we would be giving something else up in order to use it (giving up one of our current glyphs)

what do other people think? seems like such a logical solution to a big problem and i never see anyone mentioning it. and considering that we would now have to save our AoW procs for it it would lower our burst and even then it would be on a 15sec CD which seems like a good one to me personally. i mean face it, any decent healer will NEVER go down against us as is, the days of "Wings+Hammer=Dead" are long over.

EDIT: for those of you who dont know the old exo glyph basically made exo the interrupt we really need
    Sorry if this comes off harsh.... but you sir are an idiot.

We dont need an interupt vs healers, we don't go oom, and we don't die vs them. Therefore most of the time we win. I rarely ever loose to a good healer because I can put out enough pressure. And in a 1v1 HoJ and repentance are fine for interrupts. Having the old glyph of Exor would nerf PvE damage and give us something we DO NOT NEED. In PvP. If you're talking about arenas you should always pair with a class than can interupt. I.E. Shaman, Rogue, Warrior, DK

That is all.

- Sol

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

Quote Originally Posted by Sol Garrosh
    We dont need an interupt vs healers, we don't go oom, and we don't die vs them. Therefore most of the time we win. I rarely ever loose to a good healer because I can put out enough pressure. And in a 1v1 HoJ and repentance are fine for interrupts.
    if the only time i ever fought a hear was 1v1 life would be golden. we would just hack and slash for 3-5 min till they finally OOM them.
    but apparently ret gods like yourself wouldn't want a tad bit of offensive utility?

and heaven forbid PvE rets not have an additional 20% dmg on their exo. srsly? what freaking % of your raid dps comes from exo anyways? that glyph can be that high number wise, expesh if u just replace the glyph with a diff pve one

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska
    l2p.
    Says the person that doesn't realise that judgement of command got changed to not give you 100% chance to crit on stunned or incapacitated targets in patch 3.2.

And furthermore, you'd should know that any decent ret pala would never use seal of command in pvp (unless the situation arose to use the pathetic aoe part).

On topic, an interrupt for ret paladins would probably have much more impact on us vs casters than healers. Frankly an interrupt would be useful against healers but having the ability to actually be defensive against casters would be amazing...

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Palatinus
    And an interrupt makes us so OP that no class should really have one? Oh wait every class has one on a <30 second cooldown......(except maybe priests, but theirs is a silence)...
    An interrupt could be considered both defensive and offensive...so it doesn't really seem out of place on a defensive class does it? Oh hes polying me and all i can do is just keep hitting him...damn i guess because im defensive i should just sit in this poly....(works with fear,hex, etc). How can that not count as defensive? Especially if you do it to stop them casting it on your team mates?

People seem to hate rets because they require no skill, but as soon as one asks for something that might require a bit of skill people mass QQ about them....

Whats to say the glyph interrupts any spell casting and locks out the school for X, but it reduces the damage done by exorcism by 100%....is that OP? How is it fair that the only two damage spec (moonkins/ret paladins) are the only ones without a valid interrupt?
    You have HoJ, Repentance and (since you, specifically, are a blood elf) Arcane Torrent. Sacrifice one and perhaps you'd be eligible for an interrupt, since you wear plate and can heal yourself, I personally don't think you should have one.

Having an interrupt wouldn't increase the difficulty of playing your class, it'd give you an extra option and use a GCD. That's not a huge skill upgrade.

Moonkin also have that Tsunami move (could be wrong with the name) which interrupts as it is a knockback. They'll also have Shadowmeld (which mitigates 100% of the damage of an airbourne spell if used correctly) or War Stomp, which can stop spells.

Interrupts aren't the only way to stop someone attacking you. Take into consideration also that any melee player can run around/through a caster, increasing the chance that said caster won't be facing the target, thus cancelling the spell.

Accept the fact that you can't have everything (unless you roll a rogue) and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creptius
    doesn't really matter what damaging class you are its difficult to kill a healer ms or not and for rogues our ms is almost always dispelable. also what is the old exorcism glyph you didn't explain what it was
    The old exorcism glyph caused exorcism to interrupt spell casting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Quote Originally Posted by Felric
    You have HoJ, Repentance and (since you, specifically, are a blood elf) Arcane Torrent. Sacrifice one and perhaps you'd be eligible for an interrupt, since you wear plate and can heal yourself, I personally don't think you should have one.
    All of which have 1 minute cooldown, and arcane torrent 2 minutes cooldown. Proper interrupts have a cooldown of 10-30 second cooldown...right. And as i said, EVERY class BUT paladin has a viable interrupt (other than the stupid 1 min cooldowns that we have...), what did every other class sacrifice in order to have this? 12 immunity that can be removed by pretty much every 3v3 team?

Having an interrupt wouldn't increase the difficulty of playing your class, it'd give you an extra option and use a GCD. That's not a huge skill upgrade.
    No its not a huge skill upgrade? But what is a HUGE skill upgrade in this game? Nothing...
    And even GC wanted to give us more options so that we could maybe have to decide on what to use rather than FCFS.

Moonkin also have that Tsunami move (could be wrong with the name) which interrupts as it is a knockback. They'll also have Shadowmeld (which mitigates 100% of the damage of an airbourne spell if used correctly) or War Stomp, which can stop spells.
    Its still not a viable interrupt like every other dmg spec has. Its probably about the same that ret palas have.

Interrupts aren't the only way to stop someone attacking you. Take into consideration also that any melee player can run around/through a caster, increasing the chance that said caster won't be facing the target, thus cancelling the spell.
    Great, so can we remove interrupts from the game then? Have every class do this as the way to stop casters attacking you. Oh and in pve wouldn't that be amazing for the tank?

Accept the fact that you can't have everything (unless you roll a rogue) and deal with it.
    So by wanting something that every other class has is wanting everything? My bad...

Still, has anyone yet to come up with a reason for why paladins getting a viable interrupt would be so OP, other than the "OMGZ you already haz bubble and heals and plate stop wanting everything, deal with it" remarks? We're not even talking about a pummel or mind freeze, more of a spell lock equivalent that purely interrupts a spell and possible a small school lock with a 30 second cooldown...

Seriously, Ret paladins will be so OP when healers can't just /rofl and spam heals, easily out doing any of this "amazing burst" that we do. Oh and OMG that a mage or lock would actually have to be wary of a paladin when casting a fear/poly /gasp.... :

Deleted

Well since you can kill most things, some healers should be out of your reach. I'm not saying your class is op, I'm saying it's fine where it is. And the fact that you have a lot of other utility is a valid reason, you just disregard it for being so. And again, you have the two stuns, which you could use to interrupt two spells, hence you have two interrupts minus the spell lock aspect.

We have 2 interrupts both on a 1 min cooldown, a rogue to compare, has a cheap shot, a kidney shot every 20 secs, gouge every 10, kick every 10.

The problem currently is we have a godly with no resil, much less effective with no resil defense that locks out our other 2 defensive cooldowns. Add that with a mana pool that doesnt scale and interrupts that cannnot be relied on means that at higher skill levels we dont have either the lockdown option rogues have or the outlast options that Dk's have meaning what time we get on target isnt anywhere near as effective as the rogue or we dont outlast like the dk to kill our target.

Couple options, more mana for heals, more utility like a snare or interrupt, remove bubble giving us a non interrupt and another -%dmg skill that dont lock each other out for 2 minutes.

Hell, I'd even settle for repentance being changed to a hex equivalent, so it takes X amount of damage before breaking. ANYTHING is better than where we are now, being carried by our team mates.

I dont see any good Ret killing any good priest. You will get dispelled feared and smited and that other spell and then kited till fear. And they will make you mana burn yourself. And repeat. If at the end of the arena match you and a healer were left the priest will be the only class you would not be able to kill. And sometimes depending on Holy Paladins they might..thats if they are holy spec.

Druids, shamans wont kill you. A valid interrupt (not lockout like most idiots think) will help alot. No classes in arena should carry another class so helplessly like Ret and sometimes Boomkin.

I go on my lock, mage, rogue and eat paladins alive esp after bubble. Ret is the most squishiest plate wearer and easily dispelled so they have to bubble and all those classes above can LoS, bandage drink lol whatever and be back for more. Cooldown on bubble is well 5 mins. Frost mages will eat Ret alive and so will locks. Rogues are on par or will kill a Ret so easily if played right.

And those caster who put plate in their sentence on why they think Ret is OP must think their spells are physical.

All stuns need to be like fear where it breaks on a certain amount of damage. HoJ needs to only last 3 secs and on shorter cooldown. Repentance if dispelled needs to silence OR reduced dmg and healing by 50% for the duration repentance should have been on the target.

Thats just my thought. In no way I am trying to say though that Ret should easily kill a healer or caster. Both have the upper hand on Ret more than any other class by far (maybe Boomkin too iono)

i'd love a kick, but exo isnt the answer.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopzz
    Hell, I'd even settle for repentance being changed to a hex equivalent, so it takes X amount of damage before breaking. ANYTHING is better than where we are now, being carried by our team mates.
    The game is meant to be about teamwork, and in response to the post above you, a rogue has more stuns because it is in leather and will be killed quicker than you.

15+ Year Old Account

The game is meant to be about teamwork, and in response to the post above you, a rogue has more stuns because it is in leather and will be killed quicker than you.
    armor + spell dmg = naked
    rogue have a counter for everything.. EVERYTHING!
    even getting other class nerfed, just QQ for 6 month and they will have it

but i just want an interrupt on a decent cd

Paladins have too much defensive utility to get an interrupt.

If you want to give up:
    Bubble, your stun, destunning yourself without trinket, bubbling others, mini pain suppression (hand of salv glyphed) and cleanse

Roll a shaman!

You get:
    A 6 second cd interrupt, bloodlust, wolves, ghost wolf, a 'poly', real offensive spells and a less faceroll class

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Crucis
    Paladins have too much defensive utility to get an interrupt.

If you want to give up:
    Bubble, your stun, destunning yourself without trinket, bubbling others, mini pain suppression (hand of salv glyphed) and cleanse

Roll a shaman!

You get:
    A 6 second cd interrupt, bloodlust, wolves, ghost wolf, a 'poly', real offensive spells and a less faceroll class
    link the shaman defensive abilities, there is a lot more then what paladin have so gtfo
    because earthbind with earthen power is nothing right? Or Frozen power?
    and for your faceroll comment go make a ret in 3vs3 with 2300+ rating and we will talk seriously

ok like the majority of these post are in a 1v1 environment, the OP said DO NOT base anything off 1v1 hes wants serious pvp, you know 2s, 3s, and 5s. In this case the paladin's purpose it just to do dmg and use his defensive CDs, bubbles, lay on hands, hand of freedom (use taht to get outta shaman binds, hell even druid binds) etc. His partner should be the CC partner. The reason the pure dps classes have so much offensive utilty is because they cant mitigate dmg nor heal themselves effectively, warlocks kinda can. Paladins have plate and tons of defensive crap, if they want "real" cc's and stuns or w/e id be more than happy for them to have it, but something needs to be taken from them in return such as lay on hands or their bubbles. As of now paladins are fine, they arent oped to the point where they are face rolling clothies in 800+ res, but they arent squishy either... they can put out dmg while mitigating dmg. I have also noticed that some of u retadins who are crying about not being able to kill healers also barely have 4k AP, so to you i say get better gear. Learn to use what you have and you will realize that you are fine where you are at. Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    link the shaman defensive abilities, there is a lot more then what paladin have so gtfo
    because earthbind with earthen power is nothing right? Or Frozen power?
    and for your faceroll comment go make a ret in 3vs3 with 2300+ rating and we will talk seriously
    Fine, you get a 30% damage reduction that if you don't pop you'll explode, you also get to root people when they're farther than 15 yards away and your 5 hp stick in the ground also removes snares in a 10 yard radius if people don't feel like using a mouseover macro to wand it.

As for my faceroll comment, comparatively, rets are more faceroll than shamans.

But if you really think shamans have more defensive abilities I lol'd. If shamans have more defensive capabilities and have the interrupt you want, why are you a paladin?

As per a serious note, I understand that rets are pissed because every other melee class has interrupts, but no other melee class has all your utility. If you'd like to give up utility to gain an interrupt then reroll as another class: you could be a DK a Shaman, a Rogue, a Warrior or even a Druid but then I'd suppose you'd complain you get stunlocked to death or you're too squishy or how they overnerfed you and your arena rep is suffering because of it. You can't have everything rets.

The Exo glyph in its prior form wouldn't even be that great anyway. A 2 second lockout tied to a 15 second cooldown ability that is on the gcd isn't much to cheer about. While the faceroll comment above isn't really appreciated, the above poster would be correct that we would need to give up some of this defensive utility in order to gain offensive utility.

That said, now that 2's are no longer truly relevant, the need for offensive utility has lessened. Ret brings amazing defensive utility (and nice damage too) which can complement a variety of teams very well in the larger brackets.