Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Varimathras' replacement.

i think they should make it like the defense against the dark arts teachers in harry potter(or somthing like that, forgot that actual name). a new one should come every expansion

This is going to be as bad as the R.A.B. from the Harry Potter books, isn't it? -_-

Probably going to be Nathanos Blightcaller or something. Nobody really cares about the quest chain he has lined up for people anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Teestala
    because saurfang is an orc who thinks ahead like thrall, varian just sees DKBolvar and says "OH EMM GEE U GOT KILDED BY ARTHUS? NOW UR BETTR? WHO CARES UR DK U SUX SCREW OFF", besides we've seen Saurfang knows his kid died honorably, but if he is reedemed hed take him back in a heartbeat.

TLDR, Varian is an asshole and shuns former allies and friends, like ALL alliance. Saurfang wants his kid back secretly it'd just be a morale diminisher to see him emo and depressed because he lost his long lost son.
    that isn't true at all. Draenei never shunned..oh Broken.. Well night Elves.. hmmm nevermind.. humans have.. high elves?.. I'll get back to you..

Damn blizzard and their crappy writing..

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    that isn't true at all. Draenei never shunned..oh Broken.. Well night Elves.. hmmm nevermind.. humans have.. high elves?.. I'll get back to you..

Damn blizzard and their crappy writing..
    kinda funny how the Alliance say "oh lol were the good guys, join us" yet when one of their races does
    A) something wrong
    B) blows up a magic well
    C) gets a mutation
    D) gets brezed by arthas
    E) gives the blood elves the finger
    F) helps a horde race
    G) says to Varian "your doin it wrong"
    H) all of the above

then we're exiled until further notice, but since Varian Chynn has moved in. its been changed to.
    Exiled until I decide to kill you....again.
    Gear = Skill, didn't you guys get the memo?

BRUTALLUS!

Its obv Mr. Bigglesworth
    Naxxramas was merely a setback !

If it was Bolvar, wouldn't he sign it as F for Fordragon and not B for Bolvar? Granted, DKs seem to change their last names to reflect their new nature so Bolvar Blightdragon maybe? :P Would seem off for Varian to just kick Bolvar to the curb and let Sylvanas have him. Bolvar raised Anduin and lead SW while Varian was MIA. Doesn't that count for something? And the DKs are currently in the alliance with no signs of Varian kicking them out so why would Varian kick Bolvar just for being a DK? If anything, Bolvar will end up a gear check boss in Icecrown with Saurfang the younger. The only way I see Varian rejecting Bolvar entirely is if he was completely under the control of Arthas and nothing of the real Bolvar remained. If there was even a shred of Bolvar left, Varian might have some interest in trying to save him or at least free him. Blizzard painted Varian as a jackass. Having him interested in trying to rescue or at least free his friend would give him a friendly side that only the alliance see. Kicking Bolvar to the curb would only cause more hatred of him.

My bet is either Blightcaller to be a tie to undead hunters or some new undead that appeared or will appear in lore somewhere that people keep forgetting about. Since Blizzard keeps adding in new quests to explain the new class combinations, I see Blightcaller making a comeback or someone like him.

What gets me is that it took Blizzard almost a year to replace Varimathras. I've been sitting on a quest from EPL on my paladin for months waiting for the replacement because I did the chain after I did the Battle for Undercity. >

from wowwiki:

Nathanos Blightcaller <Champion of the Banshee Queen> is a level 62 elite quest giver located at Marris Stead in the contested territory of Eastern Plaguelands. He is the champion of the Banshee Queen of the Forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhlol
    Its obv Mr. Bigglesworth
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    The Arms warrior has pet names for all his weapons, while the Fury warrior shows up for battle drunk and half clothed.

Quote Originally Posted by DKaizerX
    You're an idiot. Re-read the post.

The bronze whelp is delivering it from the future. :

"You'll never get it if you take shots in the dark" is a hint to the "light."

Problem is, why the hell would Bolvar be with them when he's in Icecrown?
    A shot in the dark is a figure of speech and you are looking too far into this.

If a bronze dragonflight representative is sending the message, you can expect a bronze dragonflight representative to take up the position. They're the ones that fix the timeline (as in allowing players to go complete quests that were available before they removed a key mob, hint hint) and it's incredibly obvious that this is their domain. So, once again, it will be a bronze dragon, possibly in humanoid form. You know, like how Chromie tends to take the form of a gnome?

Drop your retarded pride for a moment and you might actually realize that this makes the most sense.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Deleted

...can it be?
    Bolvar for srs?

My money's on it, and it'd be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Dhlol
    Its obv Mr. Bigglesworth
    This is the best answer. lol

I hope his speech is rad...
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2
    A shot in the dark is a figure of speech and you are looking too far into this.

If a bronze dragonflight representative is sending the message, you can expect a bronze dragonflight representative to take up the position. They're the ones that fix the timeline (as in allowing players to go complete quests that were available before they removed a key mob, hint hint) and it's incredibly obvious that this is their domain. So, once again, it will be a bronze dragon, possibly in humanoid form. You know, like how Chromie tends to take the form of a gnome?

Drop your retarded pride for a moment and you might actually realize that this makes the most sense.
    Well, it is a valid hint to say "You will never guess it if you take shots in the dark" is a hint to look for someone who is originally a follower of the light, or some non-evil NPC. And the fact of the matter is: no dragon thinks too highly of themself to sign a letter with -B for "Bronze Dragon". Seriously.

And it is also stated to be his replacement. A bronze dragon has really no business being the right hand of Lady Sylvanas.

NAthanos Brightcaller was killed. It's a requirement for a alliance quest... so... I bet my 2 cooper in bolvar.

Srry double post... but, if Lich King gets pwned, Bolvar and Saurfang Jr. would be free like the forsaken...

So ther not one, BUT 2 SAURFANGS in the horde - one does death grip and ummons a clever axe and the other kills millions. And bolvar would be the Sylvannas new champion.

It probably is Blightcaller

As someone said...he'd be a great character for when UD hunters come about, he already is the champion of the Banshee Queen... and he's frickin cool, hell yea..the best UD character yet

As for him being killed in ally quest...he feigned dead... undead hunters are good at that

While I am not going to speculate myself (I have having too much fun reading the speculation), I love the way Blizzard answered the question. It will give the lore geeks (of which I am) something to buzz about about until the 3.3 patch is deployed on the PTR.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2
    it'll be a bronze dragon. So... none of those guesses.
    Yep... It's Chromie...

15+ Year Old Account

Y'all can speculate about Saurfang the Younger coming back later on, as his soul was captured by Frostmourne, but Bolvar died from the plague and then his body was annihilated by Alexstrasza before and possible undeath could take hold.

tl;dr: Bolver is dead, yo.