Soloing Skadi on Heroic as Prot?

I've recently taken up the hobby of attempting to solo H UP up to Skadi in an attempt to gain his mount, the Blue Proto-Drake...

Unfortunately, I seem to have trouble. I can get past the trash and bosses just fine with a few invisibility items, but when I get to Skadi I can't seem to get past his first phase. The problem seems to arise when the second wave of additional adds comes out after bull rushing the entire group (Which seems to get me better results than taking on the groups of 2 slowly). In that wave there's a Ymirjar Witch Doctor and he slaughters me because I can't seem to aoe the rest down fast enough to secure my survival. I tried using both Seal of Light and Seal of Command (For the new cleave addition) and got better results with the latter, but still could not kill them fast enough using the standard 96969 rotation with an additional Holy Wrath thrown in off every cd. Any ideas on how I could make this easier? I have a feeling if I could get him off his mount I would win.

Here's my armory: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...arrosh&n=Skoro
    ( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

Re: Soloing Skadi on Heroic as Prot?

Just some general advice that will likely help you here as well:
    Pick up vindication instead of Conviction and move 1 point from Spiritual Attunement to Crusade.

That being said I can't really understand your problem, because the adds only have some 20k ish hp why don't you just rush through use Holy wrath mid way to stop the adds and kill the caster.

PS: Stamina enchant and stamina gem on/in helm make baby jeebus cry.

if you glyph HW the CD is gonna drop to 15 seconds and p1 should be trivial for you.

Feel free to PM me about any question you might have regarding LoL.
    Holy paladin

Deleted

might i recomend focusing on the caster and using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27529 when you get low wich with decent block value should have the melee adds healing you for a small amount but with lots mobs on you it will quickly fill up your health pool

let me kno how it goes if you ever reach him...and how is stun works when you have no healz
    Have an iPhone? Want to keep up to date with the latest iPhone news? Check out theiphonespot.net

I want that onyxia-lifepoints/5s items.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray
    I want that onyxia-lifepoints/5s items.
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=49464 ?

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    might i recomend focusing on the caster and using http://www.wowhead.com/?item=27529 when you get low wich with decent block value should have the melee adds healing you for a small amount but with lots mobs on you it will quickly fill up your health pool
    a trinket that heals for like ?1000-2000? on a 2 min cd and has block rating on it? I don't think so :!

Hey, don't knock it, in certain situations, even now, figurine of the collosus will top you off in mere seconds.

that trinket made it possible, for example, to solo the panther boss at lvl 70 on a warrior

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo

a trinket that heals for like ?1000-2000? on a 2 min cd and has block rating on it? I don't think so :!
    i guess you have never used it against more than one mob at a time then. when aoeing lots of mobs it is possible to have that trinket fill up your HP in seconds and if i read the OP correctly he is fighting more than just the caster mob nd is having trouble aoing them down. the usefull ness of the trinket relies on how many mobs that are hitting you.

Quote Originally Posted by maaghen
    i guess you have never used it against more than one mob at a time then. when aoeing lots of mobs it is possible to have that trinket fill up your HP in seconds and if i read the OP correctly he is fighting more than just the caster mob nd is having trouble aoing them down. the usefull ness of the trinket relies on how many mobs that are hitting you.
    Assuming 10 mobs with an attackspeed of 2.0 and an average chance to block of 40% this trinket will heal you for some 5k'ish and I highly doubt that it will get even close to that. Considering that this trinkets offers absolutely nothing besides this one times use effect trinkets that either boost your stamina (just moar base hp and more healing by judgement of light) or your Strength (moar healing through seal of light and/or moar damage -> damaging mob dies faster) will show better results.

Onyxia-567health/5sec VS Colossus Block Trinket

The trinket has a cooldown of 2 minutes, so a take that as a time for comparison.

2 min = 120 sec = 24 * 5 sec

24 times 576 health results in 13824 health over 2 minutes.

To get 13824 health with the block trinket, you need to get hit and block
    13824 / 120 = 115,2 times withing the 20 second of its uptime, which results in 5,67 blocked hits per second.

I think the numbers speak for themselves. In most situations onyxias trinket is more powerful.

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo

During TBC, the pallys that used to farm at the Ruins of Karabor had to have the Figurine trinket. It was just as important as having a shield or being Prot. The difference then was that you could pull as many as 27 mobs at once and all of them had super fast attack speeds and dualwielded. The mobs were effectively attacking every ~.7 seconds and there were 27 of them. I normally used the Sporegar shield that reflected poisons back at the attacker while doing this.

Sporegar shield /w Shield Spike, Figurine of the Colossus, and the rest was full Sunwell gear. That trinket would easily heal for 15k+ in half of its duration.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

It was really great while farming little DW elves at the temple.
    I liked destroying my Engineering--lightning-shield there.

Artefacts: