predatory strikes

Hi guys, just wanted to say the buff to predatory strikes seems a little OP to me, yeah I love it, but it just kind of... Overkill?

And yes I play a feral druid

10+ Year Old Account

Re: predatory strikes

Why How When is it op ?
    Quote for reply

You dont play a druid or you would know that maim being our only interrupt/stun in cat form we desperately need someway to get a cast off without completely wasting our dps push by shifting and casting.

/thread

Feral's needed it, but enhancement isn't going to be happy =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ohhaiqtpai
    instant cyclones/roots/heals from feral druids

that's how it's OP
    I thought it was only nature spells though?

Doh. Was thinking Restoration...

another classic example of blizz overdoing it.

way to strong in current form, expect a nerf soon.

Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry

This.
    Instant cyclone is pretty awesome interrupt.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by bujaberry

I haven's noticed that it would be much of an overkill. It's the least they could do cause feral arena was in bad shape. I don't expect a nerf coming and neither it is needed

Fought a feral yesterday in arena.

what the fuck? is all I can think of as to say

feral wasn't in bad shape, the change is entirely unnecessary and it's kind of weird that blizzard actually let this one happen. Triple feral is now a viable 3's team.

most likely it was intended to allow a way for ferals to heal or root people, thats actually viable. feral healing is already extremely poor so this is a good change for that. however, as usual blizzard fooked up and instant cast cyclones are just OP.

I'd expect a hotfix to not allow instant cyclones.
    http://files.me.com/sureshk/j0r7w6

From what I've seen, it's a very unique and quite interesting change to a tree, and at least Blizz is on the right track of buffing a tree by adding a new twist or dimension to its playstyle instead of increasing ability X by 10%.

That said, all it does is increase the skill cap of ferals even more. The good ones I've seen have pulled off some pretty wild stuff, but the poor ones are still as bad as ever.

Fair buff imo

I think it makes ferals a bit too OP... instant cyclones are pretty out of control in any situation. Being used for D or O they are just sick. i guess well see what happens. I also happen to have a feral druid and I am definitely wrecking people. If i get the opener and they dont have a trinket their done.
    70 Warlock - The Scryers
    80 Hunter - Gorefiend
    80 Druid - Gorefiend
    80 Death knight - Gorefiend
    80 Shaman - Gorefiend
    80 Mage - Gorefiend

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    It's a pretty unique ability, and while it might seem a little overpowered at first glance, it does require you to build up CP's on the target in the first place, so you can't just pop out of prowling and instant it before you've attacked them in the first place.
    This ^^

How the heck is it an instant cyclone... when in order to have it be a guaranteed instant cast.... it takes between 3 and 5 globals? That sounds far and away from instant to me. It would take -at the very least - twice as long to create the 5 combo points as it would to cast the spell normally. Is it a neat ability that will have ferals using cyclone more? Yes. Is it an ability that allows ferals to instant cast cyclone whenever they want? No.

bad troll is bad.

ye its cool.. i just soloed coulpe of times hunter druid lol
    just start on hunter dps hard.. furious bite.. cyclone the hunter.. hes at 30%... cyclone the druid.. finish off the hunter

i loléd :P

Quote Originally Posted by zackov
    Fought a feral yesterday in arena.

what the fuck? is all I can think of as to say
    i have never encountered a feral druid in a arena before, atleast i dont think i have, it could of been 1 in those arenas where i die in 2 seconds, thought they were hackers
    hahaha. no.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbeast
    ye its cool.. i just soloed coulpe of times hunter druid lol
    just start on hunter dps hard.. furious bite.. cyclone the hunter.. hes at 30%... cyclone the druid.. finish off the hunter

i loléd :P

Sorry but if you soloed a Hunter/Druid combo they were completely retarded. They both have so many ways to stop you from killing one of them that way its just silly.
    Casual WoW Player and proud of it!!