Discrepancies in Ret BiS between Rawr and EJ BiS list

Who's right?

Elitist Jerks has T9.5 as BiS, while RAWR has T8.5 at the top of the list... I would obviously assume T9.5 is better, but when taking the set bonuses in to consideration, I 2nd guess myself. I know there's some problems with the T9 2P bonus (Or maybe it's fixed now?). And, maybe thats why RAWR has T8.5 higher on the list?

Does anyone know who's right, who's wrong? Or, can someone post a reliable DPS spread-sheet or tool I can use to figure it out on my own?

Thanks!

10+ Year Old Account

Re: Discrepancies in Ret BiS between Rawr and EJ BiS list

EJ

"Stop," said a loud booming voice. And Rhonin turned around to see it was Bolvar Fordragon, but he was all burned up and shit. He took the helm from Tirion. "I can take no comfort anymore, in the world of the living, for Arthas has burned my genitals off. I shall bear the burden. I shall be the jailer of the damned." - Legendary Knaak Thread

15+ Year Old Account

update your rawr.. mine says the other way around :P
    or you werent capped with hit/expertise with one

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    update your rawr.. mine says the other way around :P
    I have updated it, as recent as last night to be in fact.

11,522 DPS on Valkyr Twins last night with RV DoT critting 48.4% of the time for as much as 11,143 tells me that I won't be missing T8.5 4pc. Loved it while it lasted but its time to move on.

As you can see in the combat log, I never even got Empowered Darkness. The highest my stack got to was 7.

<Warfare>US WoW Meter Online

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

something must be up with your rawr, make sure you put talent points and everything in because i don't think i've even seen t8.5 even anywhere remotely on the gear lists

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira
    something must be up with your rawr, make sure you put talent points and everything in because i don't think i've even seen t8.5 even anywhere remotely on the gear lists
    ^^ This exactly. Even using ilvl 232 T9 will be ahead of T8.5.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Krusader37
    Who's right?

Elitist Jerks has T9.5 as BiS, while RAWR has T8.5 at the top of the list... I would obviously assume T9.5 is better, but when taking the set bonuses in to consideration, I 2nd guess myself. I know there's some problems with the T9 2P bonus (Or maybe it's fixed now?). And, maybe thats why RAWR has T8.5 higher on the list?

Does anyone know who's right, who's wrong? Or, can someone post a reliable DPS spread-sheet or tool I can use to figure it out on my own?

Thanks!
    Put in your T8.5 and select your buffs. Check the bottom left number in RAWR. i forget what it says exactly, probably just DPS.

Then put in your T9 and see what it says for DPS

The T9 should in fact be higher.

Rawr is not a BiS guide (unless you are using the optimizer). Rawr attempts to give you your current best set of gear. If you have 3 pieces of T8.5 in it will weigh your T8.5 4th piece higher than your T9 piece. That is because obviously a set bonus is going to out weigh 1 piece of a higher tier.
    Intel - Core i7-8700K 3.7GHz | MSI - Z370 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | Corsair - Vengeance LED 32GB DDR4-3400 Memory | Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive | Samsung - 850 Pro Series 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive | EVGA - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB ACX 3.0 Video Card | Corsair - 850W ATX Power Supply | 2 x HP - Omen 27 27.0" 2560x1440 165Hz Monitor | Microsoft - Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Rawr is not a BiS guide (unless you are using the optimizer). Rawr attempts to give you your current best set of gear. If you have 3 pieces of T8.5 in it will weigh your T8.5 4th piece higher than your T9 piece. That is because obviously a set bonus is going to out weigh 1 piece of a higher tier.
    Ahhh! Thank you... That makes complete sense. A light bulb has just gone off.

One piece may not be better but once you have 3-4 pieces they begin to be best in slot. Also make sure you're using the same scenario/target/fight time the EJ list is based from.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    11,522 DPS on Valkyr Twins last night with RV DoT critting 48.4% of the time for as much as 11,143 tells me that I won't be missing T8.5 4pc. Loved it while it lasted but its time to move on.

As you can see in the combat log, I never even got Empowered Darkness. The highest my stack got to was 7.

<Warfare>US WoW Meter Online
    Got grouped with the Rogues and Ench. Shamans? you should have gotten at least 1 Empowered buff through vortex and 1-2 orbs.

Righteous Vengeance is really overpowered on those kinds of gimmicky fights.

Did ToC 10 and Ulduar 10 last night and I was getting 27-29k righteous vengeance crits on twins and hodir.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Got grouped with the Rogues and Ench. Shamans? you should have gotten at least 1 Empowered buff through vortex and 1-2 orbs.
    We use a strategy that places 8 ranged/healers around the star collecting white orbs, with two extra ranged collecting black orbs. The melee and the rest of the raid are stacked on each other at the boss in the center of the room. The fight, on normal, doesn't even last 3 minutes and most of the people on the perimeter gobble up the orbs. On heroic, I am lucky to finally get a full stack when the twins reach Hammer of GG range.

Believe it or not, the boss didn't live long enough to force me to color change.