Block Value shines!

I ran 25-man Ony on Tuesday as OT. I'm a prot warrior. For kicks I put on my BV set which sits at 3040 BV unbuffed. Tanking the whelps was ridiculously easy. My healer fell asleep and I never took any damage (slight exageration I admit) which was nice... The best part was when I checked Recount afterward... 3600 dps!! Fun fun fun.

Now I'm gonna have to see how high I can get my dps on that encounter. With a BV heavy setup I think you could easily tank all the welps maybe even using this for the "handle it" achievement. Anyone else tried this?

Re: Block Value shines!

wow

save this set for Anub HC :P

i haven't really been paying attention but it did seem odd when i done a 13.8k shield slam into ony 25 eariler.

Warriors are the new DK's remember to enjoy it as long as it lasts, the nerf hammer never feels good ;D
    R.I.P World of Warcraft 2004-2009 The Casuals whiners finally killed you, one wonders how casuals can overcome reallife, they must cry alot at work and out in the big world, when stuff is to hard and time consuming. Maybe god will helps casual scrubs handle real life? nobody knows.

funziez
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ
    Warriors are the new DK's remember to enjoy it as long as it lasts, the nerf hammer never feels good ;D
    Why nerf a class for using what block designed to do. Mitigate large hits and absorb small hits.

As far as full block value sets they're not going to get nerfed either because no Main tank is going to be going in a set with full block rating and value and MT a boss in a 25 man. The appropriate diminishing returns were already applied to block value and shield slam, 13k crits are just about as high as it gets.
    "A hunter, a shaman, and a warrior walk into a bar..."

Don't worry, Stubby offers hugs to all who ask.

"He was a demon HUNTER, why can't I use his swords, I'm a hunter, aren't I?"

Quote Originally Posted by Orcca
    You people are fucking terrifying.

You don't need a full block set to complete block all the incoming damage from the whelps. They hit like... well like whelps, for ~500 damage

Pallys can do this just as well as warriors, hardly making them FoTM tanks

Quote Originally Posted by Grob
    wow

save this set for Anub HC :P
    didnt they fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

Quote Originally Posted by Marithas
    didnt they fix this?
    They buffed their damage but reduced the power of their debuff (eg. 225% at max stacks rather than 300%), so it remains to be seen if there's an overall increase. I'm not doing him till sunday so i don't know myself yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus
    You don't need a full block set to complete block all the incoming damage from the whelps. They hit like... well like whelps, for ~500 damage

Pallys can do this just as well as warriors, hardly making them FoTM tanks
    http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=58874

more block value = more damage from damage shield

Quote Originally Posted by RMJ
    Theres a slight difference.

Before all the changes, Block was good in heroics and very bad in hardmodes.
    Now, Block is okey in Hardmodes, and is awesome in heroics and fast-lowhitter-situations.

Since raidbosses are hard heavy hitters by design, which startet the whole crap, it wont give Warriors or Paladins great advantages when it really matters.

Fix amount versus percentage always leads to situations where fix values shines and suck. What the Block change gaves us was a bit more equality in raid tanking and paladins being the most awesome heroic tanks.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".