Druid tank Stats,

So i had a question, I am a Druid tank I have 41.07% dodge unbuffed in bear form, is this to low have i been to focused on stam? Char name is Zephral
    currently doing 25 man toc and starting 10/25 heroics this week

Stats unbuffed in bear
    Health- 41,912
    Dodge- 41.07%
    AP - 6045
    Hit- 218
    Crit-42.56%
    Exper-32

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Druid tank States,

How much hp do you have? What content level are you running? It all depends.

If you're only doing normal modes I don't think your gemming/gear choice is going to make or break a fight.

If you're doing hard modes stam is usually better to stack imo (to a point) due to the massive hits that tanks need to withstand. There's no magic number for switching to stam focus, I switched over after 3.2 came out to basically all stam gems and now have 59k raid buffed with flasks+well fed and 47ish dodge buffed without idol proccing or any of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dethaele
    If you're only doing normal modes I don't think your gemming/gear choice is going to make or break a fight.

If you're doing hard modes stam is usually better to stack imo (to a point) due to the massive hits that tanks need to withstand. There's no magic number for switching to stam focus, I switched over after 3.2 came out to basically all stam gems and now have 59k raid buffed with flasks+well fed and 47ish dodge buffed without idol proccing or any of that.
    wow, can i see an armory link cause almost 60k is pretty high but having about 50% dodge is ridicoulus plus idol...
    This user has been banned.

Simply put: if you can get to 38% self buffed with mark of wild you should have enough dodge for general raid encounters. With your own procs from trinkets, idols, and being raid buffed will put you past the 41% mark and it is more than enough room and time for the healers to heal you when you're taking damage.

The rest of the stats should be focus on stam, hit and dodge expretise cap.

If you have all those stats above, you're fine. It is normal for a druid to get hit as often because in old skool, they're just a big sponge bob.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine
    How much hp do you have? What content level are you running? It all depends.
    Yep. If you're running ToGC then there almost is no point of too much stam (at least, not within reasonable reach).

Personally I've got 39k HP unbuffed with about 40% dodge, and I'm still looking to pick up more stam where possible. My main spec is resto so speaking from that point of view I much prefer tanks who maximise effective health - the larger the buffer the better.

If you're just running stuff like Ulduar or N ToC though you're probably better off stacking agility for dodge and crit (threat).

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Re: Druid tank Stats,

I updated info on main post with more info

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Zephral
    I updated info on main post with more info
    Stats look pretty good as is. Only thing I might recommend (assuming you're the Zephral I found on armory, using 2 stam trinkets) is to switch out one of the stam trinkets for something else, like DMC:G. Having 1 stam and 1 avoidance trinket can be nice; totally up to you, though.

For the content you're entering, you should be fine with a solid raid behind yas.

Once you start doing things like 25man ToCr hardmode (which you seemed to allude to), you'll probably want to get the HP a bit higher. I've had some slight gear changes since I last had full raid buffs, but before the changes I was sitting around 59k HP and 45% dodge. The other tanks we run with sit a bit lower (warrior's around 51k and paladin around 49k, comparable avoidance). Would I say 59k HP is an absolute requirement for the current 25man content? No, but it does help against insta-gibs. I'd recommend once you progress from normal to hardmode, try pushing your HP above 50k (we're all slaves to RNG for gear drops, it won't happen overnight).

Besides survivabilty, your hit/expertise/ap seem to be in a good place for maintaining threat.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Don't forget your a druid 18 stam > 275 hp on your chest. 18 stam is ~ 317 health raid buffed :P

Quote Originally Posted by rabelz
    Don't forget your a druid 18 stam > 275 hp on your chest. 18 stam is ~ 317 health raid buffed :P
    +10 stats is still a much smarter move in my opinion than enchanting your chest with stam. losing 8 stam in exchange for 10 agility and 10 str is a good deal.

It depends on what your doing.. I'm assuming hes Mting not on adds, if hes on adds then yes that is a smart move. If he is not then yes I would go for an avoidance/threat set over MT stam stack.

Quote Originally Posted by deathbysushi-(-_-)-
    wow, can i see an armory link cause almost 60k is pretty high but having about 50% dodge is ridicoulus plus idol...
    Might not be 100% positive, but I think this is the druid who had the OMGWTF stats.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ade&n=Dethaele
    "if i seem to be getting smaller ... its because i'm leaving"