Ridiculous amount of Freezing Trap resists.

Anyone else getting 3-4 resists in a row? It's reliably hurting rating.

EDIT: This is with 5.98% melee/7.47% spell hit and the +4% trap hit talent in sv.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Re: Ridiculous amount of Freezing Trap resists.

get spell pen and your resists will go away

Quote Originally Posted by doibhinn
    get spell pen and your resists will go away
    Wearing 75 spell pen.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account

Does spell penetration effect traps now?
    I thought we were still in the most illogical state of things where traps work on spellhit numbers instead of ranged hit numbers, but do NOT benefit at all from spell penetration.
    Not in triggering or in damage.

I could be wrong. More even: I SHOULD be wrong.

Actually im pretty sure i know what your talking about, in arena more often than it should happen ill shoot a freezing trap under someone, it'll disappear and theres no trace of what happened to it.

Is this what you get? Doesn't say immune, resisted, or anything... it just disappears.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoute
    Actually im pretty sure i know what your talking about, in arena more often than it should happen ill shoot a freezing trap under someone, it'll disappear and theres no trace of what happened to it.

Is this what you get? Doesn't say immune, resisted, or anything... it just disappears.
    I've been noticing this on Faction Champions too. Absolutely exasperating, and there's no combat log entry or anything.

I can only surmise that it's an issue with firing the trap under people's feet? *shrug*
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stoute

What ive been seeing with frost or ice traps is my scrolling combat text will display "missed",not sure how a trap could actually miss,be immune or resisted is understandable,so does this mean traps are affected by hit rating?
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral
    What ive been seeing with frost or ice traps is my scrolling combat text will display "missed",not sure how a trap could actually miss,be immune or resisted is understandable,so does this mean traps are affected by hit rating?
    Every ability (that isn't a healing spell) is affected by hit rating. Traps count as spells, and thusly obey spell hit ratings - for level 80 (PVP) targets, you need 8% spellhit to ensure no "misses".

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rilgon
    Every ability (that isn't a healing spell) is affected by hit rating. Traps count as spells, and thusly obey spell hit ratings - for level 80 (PVP) targets, you need 8% spellhit to ensure no "misses".
    I will have to disagree,spell hit for a hunter is the same as a hunters normal hit rating,open character tab and look at hit,then look under spell,that hit is always the same as normal hit,so your theory i think is wrong,there is 0,and i repeat 0 chance in hell a hunter can get 8% hit in pvp gear,since the gear itself has no hit on it.
    Here come the Irish.

I will have to disagree,spell hit for a hunter is the same as a hunters normal hit rating,open character tab and look at hit,then look under spell,that hit is always the same as normal hit,so your theory i think is wrong,there is 0,and i repeat 0 chance in hell a hunter can get 8% hit in pvp gear,since the gear itself has no hit on it.
    Iv got, and most other i hope, 5% hit to get capped in PvP, and with the trap talent which is 4%, aint that 5+4=9%? or am i wrong?

resist != miss
    normal spellhitcap in pvp is 4%. you need 6% to cap racials like b11 or dwarf and 8% on b11 retardins (olol), then you won't get misses. with the talent 4% from hitrating should be enough for traps, don't know about range attacks.
    resists are only possible if your target has resistances, like frostaura, totem, magearmor. they will have 120-130 frost resi so its indeed possible that they will resist bcause with your 75 spellpen they will still have 55 resi against your traps. but 4 in a row seems quiet odd and you shouldn't get it in every match.

wtf is b11

bloodelf,
    it's blutelf on german and 11 is spoken "elf" in german.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosorb
    wtf is b11
    Bingo! woot i just won $500!
    Here come the Irish.

Incorrect. Hit Rating translates to Spell Hit at a different ratio than it translates to Physical Hit.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Hit_Rating
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Spell_Hit_Rating

Although it seems I was wrong and it's only a 4% spell miss rating at even level in PVP, meaning 5% physical hit (to cap shots) will cap spells too. Oops. :-[

Quote Originally Posted by kratos23
    bloodelf,
    it's blutelf on german and 11 is spoken "elf" in german.
    whoops I shouldn't post in two forums with a different language at the same time
    sorry for that. but yes he's right