Shadowflame/Immolate Conflag

Hello warlocks.. I got a question which is consumed if you got shadowflame and immolate on the target and casts Conflagrate
    Me jolly jolly Grog

Deleted

Re: Shadowflame/Immolate Conflag

As da destro lock, glyph of conflagrate is #1, so none is consumed.
    but if both dots are on the target, i think I remember the dmg of conflag is based on immolate (way higher), so immolate is consumed w/o glyph.
    btw Conflagrating a Shadowflame dot is a waste of CD imo.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Lingonvecka
    Hello warlocks.. I got a question which is consumed if you got shadowflame and immolate on the target and casts Conflagrate
    Whichever was applied last

Immolate - Shadowflame - Conflag = Shadowflame conflag.
    Shadowflame - Immolate - Conflag = Immolate conflag.

If you're thinking in terms of pvp, when you glyph shadowflame you use it for 2 reasons:
    1) To GTFO
    2) When the snare is about to expire, Conflag for a futher few seconds to escape.

Dot while you're running.

R.I.P. YARG

I am not 100% sure but i think conflagrate will deal damage based on immolate even if shadowflame is applied after (with the conflagrate glyph which every destro warlock should use).

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    Whichever was applied last

Immolate - Shadowflame - Conflag = Shadowflame conflag.
    Shadowflame - Immolate - Conflag = Immolate conflag.

No.

You will always conflag your immolate, and there is almost no reason to conflag on your Shadowflame... massive damage loss, and all you get is the same slow you would get.. if you did 6k more damage by conflaging your immolate. If you have immolate and shadowflame on the same target you'll always get the big numbers.

And don't say "But what if you don't have immolate up?". If you don't have immolate up your bad. The only reason you might not is if it's a ret pali being too busy spamming dispel and running at you to do any real massive damage. Glyph of shadowflame is long enough to where you don't have to conflag your shadowflame.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a galaxy far, far away, but just close enough to be home by dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixia
    I am not 100% sure but i think conflagrate will deal damage based on immolate even if shadowflame is applied after (with the conflagrate glyph which every destro warlock should use).
    certainly not every destruction warlock. If you have it, the immolate won't get consumed thus seduce would get dispelled, so for certain specs and playstyle it is not recommended to use this glyph.

some good vids of high rated locks dont even run with glyph on conflag and rely on succubus stopping them completely while they focus nuke.

like say immo conflag seduce, then incinerate chaos bolt shadowburn nuke, seduce then immo conflag.
    (i dont know the order of nuke, just made that up)

not sure how viable this is in a volatile environment but maybe something to consider.
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarokex
    some good vids of high rated locks dont even run with glyph on conflag and rely on succubus stopping them completely while they focus nuke.

like say immo conflag seduce, then incinerate chaos bolt shadowburn nuke, seduce then immo conflag.
    (i dont know the order of nuke, just made that up)

not sure how viable this is in a volatile environment but maybe something to consider.
    Sounds like a duel or 2vs2.
    I still say conflagrate > all in 3vs3 arena, But it depends on what setup you play.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarokex
    You should double check their armories. Most of the videos you see of people doing that are using the Conflag glyph. They're just also using the succubus glyph.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    You should double check their armories. Most of the videos you see of people doing that are using the Conflag glyph. They're just also using the succubus glyph.
    hmm k this is probly it..

but then isnt this too mana intensive.. and needs ultimate control..
    "A real man makes his own luck" - Billy Zane, Titanic.