Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Lightbringer Mandible's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    3,376

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Abreeze
    its simple...give dks bloodlust....it only makes sence :
    Would be simpler to change mechanics in some current abilities/talent buffs and / or making them baseline as well - an example could be Power Infusion thats currently in the priest discipline tree. It allready adds spell haste, so could easily be switch to match blood lust.

    On another note - are the corrections for AV in place or is it needed to live through more time with high lvl npcs and crap experience?
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

  2. #42

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Toriankel
    Please don't tell me they will be a five man normal, fie man hero, ten man normal, ten men hero, 25 normal and 25 hero.

    I'm so sick of seing ToC every day every evening in every incounter

    Well, from this


    [...] The five-player dungeon is completely separate from the raid dungeon. It's not a five-player version of the same content. (Source)
    I'm assuming that the 5 man will be a different dungeon to the raid (just like SSC was a different instance to Steam Vaults, Tempest Key Eye different from Arcatraz etc.).

    In fact, thinking about it - does the '3 wings' mean three different instances like Tempest Keep was with Bot, Mech and Arca, or 1 instance but you walk in and can go three different ways? I suspect the latter, but would probably prefer the former.

  3. #43

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    It's going to be 3 different dungeons and a raid in the same way Serpentshrine Caverns and Tempest Keep were done. Except with significantly better instances.

  4. #44
    The Hedgehog Elementium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    MA, USA.
    Posts
    12,765

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Abreeze
    its simple...give dks bloodlust....it only makes sence :
    Dk's.. blah.

    I wouldn't be upset if they decided to give bloodlust/heroism to another class, the problem is Shaman have alot of experience with it.. we've been using it knowing the consequences of timing it wrong for years. If you give it to a class that's more popular such as Dk's or Paladins all it takes is one person who gets their kicks from pissing off a raid by using it right before a boss while everyones buffing. Not to say it doesnt happen with Shaman but it is good too not spread it around.

  5. #45

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Sweet, now all my characters can have flying!
    Lok'tar Ogar!

  6. #46
    Stood in the Fire Switchshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    473

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by deathfirst
    I'm glad blizzard decided to make flyers for lvl 60, and now its cheaper, makes questing in outlands so so so so so much easier and funner, i can only pray they will lower the required level for cold weather flying.
    They did, if you have a level 80 character you can buy cold weather flying for your alt at level 68

  7. #47

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Mandible
    Would be simpler to change mechanics in some current abilities/talent buffs and / or making them baseline as well - an example could be Power Infusion thats currently in the priest discipline tree. It allready adds spell haste, so could easily be switch to match blood lust.
    You have to think of the other aspect of WoW, and by that I mean as long as RMP is as dominant as today, blizz giving priests esp disc bloodlust/hero is something that aint happening.

    And if they start giving BL/Hero to other classes I expect some serious buffs in return for the shaman class, because as it stands today there is absoloutly no reason to take them into hardmodes outside of BL/Hero.

  8. #48

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Shaman
    Blodlust / Heroism
    Bloodlust / Heroism is a very strong buff. No argument here. I can understand the point of view of players who think other specs need to offer it. Currently three specs offer it, but they are also specs that fill relatively different roles. The fact that all three specs belong to one class makes it a special case.
    Just wanted too let you know Bloodlusy is spelled wrong in the title...don't take this offence or wathever just trying to keep frontpage clean of typos.

    If mentioned before, sorry. ^^

    On topic, i'm not fond of reducing mount prices, i liked the prices like they were in TBC...so you need to put effort in getting one insted of dinging the lever and insted buy it. (for new players ofc)

    Well anyway gratz too new players...Blizz gave you free mounts. 8)

  9. #49

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Requirements for holiday achievements
    Some holiday achievements require near maximum-level PvE content. This remains so even if people aren't inclined to reach maximum level.

    Some holiday achievements require players to go into battlegrounds. This remains so even if people aren't inclined to get honorable kills on their character.

    And, yes, some holiday achievements require skill in a secondary profession, and we have no plans to change that.

    The holiday achievements are not necessary to advance your character. If you want a title or the mount reward at the very end of What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been, however, you will have to participate at least marginally in all these aspects of the game.

    The holidays are designed to allow a large breadth of the playerbase to participate in some form, and there's normally something for you to do within the holiday itself. How much you choose to participate is up to you. If you choose to pursue the achievements, then you will have to participate in all these aspects of gameplay. That is absolutely by design and not something we plan to change currently.

    That said, if leveling your cooking for Winter Veil seems like a tedious task, I suggest you wait until Pilgrim's Bounty.... (Source)
    How about the horrible RNG "Be mine!" achievement for the Fool For Love meta? I'm only missing that one now and I logged on every hour for two days (which I believe is a reasonable amount of time to do all of them) and I haven't received a single Bag of Candies Not to mention drop rate was fixed AFTER the event took place.

  10. #50

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    *waits for 3.3 patch info*
    Also, you do a great job Boub! keep it up

  11. #51

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Abreeze
    its simple...give dks bloodlust....it only makes sence :
    Ya know, the more i think about it. If they were to give a talented heroism to another class, it should be Mage. Because they already have a talent that increases their speed by 20%, Icy Veins. They would just have to make it raid-wide.
    Being a TTW Fire, i would be "forced" to have FFB as offspec, but i would care if it would make the different between heroism and no heroism.

    Icy Veins is quite a good candidate for talented heroism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

  12. #52
    Dreadlord Ibbi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    California
    Posts
    851

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    It took me 6 months back in classic to farm gold for my epic mount. It took 3 months to farm 5000g for an epic flier shortly after BC. And now this? Man, we had it really annoying back then. Lucky new players.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

  13. #53

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    a priest with BL is tha sexy IMHO.


  14. #54

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by mdfx
    as it stands today there is absoloutly no reason to take them into hardmodes outside of BL/Hero.
    Expect the fact that the best ones still top damage, Enh or Ele.

    I'm leveling a shammy actually, so these flyer discounts will be a treat. I might not have to roll gold down from my main.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

  15. #55

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Fumez
    Expert Riding (150% Flying) now costs 225G (Down from 600G)

    leveld from 58 to 68 last week without flying mount...looks like it saved me alot of money
    well the time you lost through not flying could be translated into alot more money :P

  16. #56

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Elementium
    Dk's.. blah.

    I wouldn't be upset if they decided to give bloodlust/heroism to another class, the problem is Shaman have alot of experience with it.. we've been using it knowing the consequences of timing it wrong for years. If you give it to a class that's more popular such as Dk's or Paladins all it takes is one person who gets their kicks from pissing off a raid by using it right before a boss while everyones buffing. Not to say it doesnt happen with Shaman but it is good too not spread it around.
    Well if any class got bloodlust/heroism.. DKs would make the most sense. They already have weaker versions of most of your buffs. And most DKs in a serious raiding guild are the best of the best.. I could see this happening in pugs though.
    specs

    Intel Core [email protected]
    CM Hyper 212 cpu cooler
    GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3
    Nvidia GTX 460
    4GB DDR3 1600 ram
    CM Storm Scout case

  17. #57

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku
    Expect the fact that the best ones still top damage, Enh or Ele.

    I'm leveling a shammy actually, so these flyer discounts will be a treat. I might not have to roll gold down from my main.
    Shouldn't be an issue actually. I recently emptied all my alts of any gold after buying a DMC for my rogue. Started leveling my shaman. He was recently dinged 71 when I stopped to level my warrior for a bit. So when I picked up leveling him again, he had less than 1g on him. He turned 75 last night and now has 1200g on him. And that's after trainings every level, getting the Grand Master trainings for Herbalism and Alchemy as well as Alchemy training and a respec because I forgot to have preview talents enabled, so he could easily have over 1500g on him.. Granted he is decked in all t6 epics and I bought him the Cold Weather tome (for the record, if you can afford this for your alts, whether they have non-epic or epic flying, I really recommend it because it makes leveling so much faster).

    Basically, making gold is not an issue at all. Being that he was decked in full t6 epics (and he has a full resto off-spec of t6 epics), I haven't needed to use any quest rewards. So, any greens I get that are soulbound, I sell to a vendor and any BoEs I send to my mage to DE and I get the enchanting mats to sell or use for my main (or to level my mage's enchanting if I ever get around to it).

    I wonder if the heirloom shoulders and chest affect max level gold making? Since at max level, quests offer gold instead of experience, and the amount of gold is dependant on the experience you would have gained from the quest had you not been max level, I wonder if you gain an extra 10-20% gold from the max level quests you do while wearing heirloom items.

  18. #58

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    I'm glad I held off on lvling my newest alt to lvl 60 until yesterday... Now I get a cheaper flying mount for my laziness!
    ( \_/ )
    ( >.< )
    ( /\__/\
    (>O.O<) ---- MeOW!!
    ~m__m

  19. #59

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    As much as I love heroism, the buff needs to be either removed or given to other classes. Countless times people will not take a really geared and skilled player because "oh we need heroism."

    In the spirit blizard has been supporting, "bring the player not the class," this buff needs to be removed or given to other classes.

  20. #60

    Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

    The reduced price of flying just made my day
    Quote Originally Posted by kazmeyer
    What makes more sense, genius?* That your uber-security had a flaw, or that someone cracked Blizzard's servers and instead of compromising thousands of accounts, they just singled out you?* What did you do, piss off the Joker or something?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Aredan - 80 Prot Warrior
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Cenarius&n=Daxter - 80 MM hunter
    PVP is a matter of overcoming your own weaknesses while exploiting the weaknesses of others.

    If you suck, it's because you can't comprehend the previous sentence.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •