Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

Update - Slightly modified the mount changes news post. ^^

Patch 3.2.2 Mount Changes
    Apparently, the price to train the riding skills has been slightly changed in patch 3.2.2 and the first rank of flying mount is now considerably cheaper. (Thanks to iridius for the tip)

• Expert Riding (150% Flying) now costs 250G (Down from 600G)

The problem is, this change doesn't seem to affect all trainers. Trainers in Hellfire Peninsula will offer you the mounts at a reduced price but Hira Snowdawn in Dalaran will just try to steal all your money and will ask for the pre-3.2.2 prices. This isn't a reputation discount, I checked with different characters including RAF alts with no reputation like this one. (But keep in mind that you get a discount based on your Stormwind/Orgrimmar reputation instead of the Honor Hold/Thrallmar one in 3.2.2)

Onyxia Now Resets on Tuesdays
    Note: The tuesday reset is for US. For EU it will be wednesday. Basically, it'll be the same reset as all other level 80 raids.
    [blizzquote author=Bornakk]With the updates to the Onyxia encounter in patch 3.2.2, this boss now resets every Tuesday like most raid instances. There was an issue when the patch first launched where an incorrect reset timer was listed. This has been resolved and Onyxia will reset next Tuesday as intended. (Source)[/blizzquote]

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Cataclysm
    Cataclysm release date
    There is not yet a release date for Cataclysm. (Source)

Patch 3.3
    Patch 3.3 Information
    We're preparing some information to share with you about patch 3.3. You'll just have to stay tuned for that. I can say though that the five-player dungeon portion of Icecrown Citadel is absolutely epic and essential to the unfolding story of the Lich King and your battle to end his wrath.

Vehicle Fights in Icecrown Citadel
    There will be no vehicular or mounted combat in the dungeon. [...] We talked at BlizzCon about an airship battle involving the Horde and Alliance ships in Icecrown for the raid, but this isn't really a vehicle fight comparable mechanically to those found in Ulduar, Wintergrasp, Isle of Conquest, or Trial of the Champion. (Source)

Icecrown Dungeons
    That isn't our philosophy. We're carefully designing three separate wings of a sprawling five-player dungeon -- the largest we've released in a long time -- precisely so that a majority of our end-game player base can take part in an epic experience. You'll see plenty of significant areas, heroes, and foes in Icecrown Citadel without having to set foot in the raid. (Source)

[...] The five-player dungeon is completely separate from the raid dungeon. It's not a five-player version of the same content. (Source)

Patch 3.2.2
    Changes to Alterac Valley in 3.2.2
    It was explained in the sticky on the PvP Discussion forum. Unfortunately, a change to the level brackets for Alterac Valley made it into a build for patch 3.2.2 when it was intended for patch 3.3. Because of this the NPCs were not properly tuned for select level brackets. Given that this change was going to happen anyway, we made the decision to keep the level bracket change since it already went live and address any adverse affects as they arise. (Source)

Requirements for holiday achievements
    Some holiday achievements require near maximum-level PvE content. This remains so even if people aren't inclined to reach maximum level.

Some holiday achievements require players to go into battlegrounds. This remains so even if people aren't inclined to get honorable kills on their character.

And, yes, some holiday achievements require skill in a secondary profession, and we have no plans to change that.

The holiday achievements are not necessary to advance your character. If you want a title or the mount reward at the very end of What a Long, Strange Trip It's Been, however, you will have to participate at least marginally in all these aspects of the game.

The holidays are designed to allow a large breadth of the playerbase to participate in some form, and there's normally something for you to do within the holiday itself. How much you choose to participate is up to you. If you choose to pursue the achievements, then you will have to participate in all these aspects of gameplay. That is absolutely by design and not something we plan to change currently.

That said, if leveling your cooking for Winter Veil seems like a tedious task, I suggest you wait until Pilgrim's Bounty.... (Source)

Onyxia too easy?
    The new Onyxia is meant to be more of a celebration of the 5 years of World of Warcraft and not a progression encounter. The way it is setup is for as many people as possible to still enjoy in the game and get some extra bonus loot/emblems/bags/gems on top of that.

On top of that, players certainly understand the game much better now than they did when Onyxia first came out. This became pretty clear when people didn't get much better gear but were able to kill her with fewer and fewer players even at level 60. (Source)

Arthas in Warcraft 3
    Warcraft 3 really established Arthas in the position of the Lich King in its expansion - The Frozen Throne. His relevance is not to be trivialized, but to say that we have established him as "The Big Boss" is a bit of a stretch. Warcraft 3 introduced a whole new level of threat to Azeroth - The Burning Legion. There have been some encounters with them and their powerful masters, but I'd hesitate to say that they've been "defeated" once and for all. We've also seen the rise of old gods such as Yogg'Saron and C'thun and I'm sure you're aware of the impending return of Deathwing. There is a whole slew of lore characters who haven't been around and thousands of plots and intrigues that have been developed throughout the lifespan of World of Warcraft and its expansions. Many big nasty bosses have been slain and still the problems of the world have not been alleviated. Perhaps, just maybe, there is more going on then one can gather in a glimpse. (Source)

Shaman
    Blodlust / Heroism
    Bloodlust / Heroism is a very strong buff. No argument here. I can understand the point of view of players who think other specs need to offer it. Currently three specs offer it, but they are also specs that fill relatively different roles. The fact that all three specs belong to one class makes it a special case.

In general, we balance 25 hard mode content assuming you have 1 shaman for Bloodlust or Heroism. We balance 10 hard modes without that assumption, though you still need to have a reasonable mix of the stronger buffs. We don't think that typically replacing a good say mage with a bad shaman will turn a failure into a success, but each group is a little different so it is possible. (Source)

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Riding Changes, Onyxia Reset, Blue posts

There is not yet a release date for Cataclysm.

Apologies for this out of date signature!

Deleted

Onyxia resets on.....
    Tuesday?!?!?1

Can't wait for the Icecrown dungeon.

Deleted

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There will be no vehicular or mounted combat in the dungeon.
    Best news I've heard all week <3

Edit: The tuesday reset is for US. For EU it will be wednesday. Basically, it'll be the same reset as all other level 80 raids.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium*
    Onyxia resets on.....
    Tuesday?!?!?1
    I bet that reply was made on the US forums, which means its still wednesday for EU

i also prefer it to be fun raid!

Expert Riding (150% Flying) now costs 225G (Down from 600G)

leveld from 58 to 68 last week without flying mount...looks like it saved me alot of money

Actually boubouille the only price that was changed was the 150% flyer, epic flyer is still the same price

the difference iis that honor hold flight trainer is now stormwind rep and thrallmar is now orgrimmar rep

noticed this yesterday and took me forever to figure out why

hope this helps :P

Rofl, was about to log on WoW, and buy epic fly on my alt.
    Ofc first an MMO visit. I screamed of happiness as im keepin some gold. (Im revered with Horde expedition /squeel)

I'm glad blizzard decided to make flyers for lvl 60, and now its cheaper, makes questing in outlands so so so so so much easier and funner, i can only pray they will lower the required level for cold weather flying.

Quote Originally Posted by greenn
    Actually boubouille the only price that was changed was the 150% flyer, epic flyer is still the same price

the difference iis that honor hold flight trainer is now stormwind rep and thrallmar is now orgrimmar rep

Then how do you explain the price change on an RAF'ed no rep character?

Quote Originally Posted by jtbndy
    Then how do you explain the price change on an RAF'ed no rep character?

are you seriously asking that? he has honored stormwind

Edit (Boubouille): He meant "I'm very rude and I'm going to be banned for this post".

I just flew out to Thrallmar on my mage and the price is listed at 4250g at honored revered (missed the change to Orgrimmar rep). I wish I had that right now So it appears to be lowered and have rep discounts.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Lightening
    ure an idiot. its called rep noob
    Why do some people always have to be so rude. Get help.

AMAGAD!!! 3.3 News soon plox thanks blizz!! for once I am super excited about a 5 man lol. (still more excited about the raid but you know ;p)

Quote Originally Posted by greenn

Oh right, fixed. And Lightening I'm happy to tell you that you won't be able to read this site anymore. (Yes, I said read, not "post on")

*waits for 3.3 patch info*

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Oh right, fixed. And Lightening I'm happy to tell you that you won't be able to read this site anymore. (Yes, I said read, not "post on")
    Should still probably mention the whole honor hold/stormwind and thrallmar/orgrimmar change as well. Trust me, if you didn't realize it, it's news to 99.9% of people too.

And the price drop on the on the regular flying is cool, just wish that they'd done epic instead.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines