When to use Avenging Wrath?

I use mainly seal of vengeance and I have the greatness card as trinket. As soon as I attack the boss, the trinket procs. Shall I use avenging wrath in the beginning or shall I wait with doing it until I have 5 stacks for seal of vengeance on the boss? By the time I finish the stacking, the proc from the trinket is pretty much gone.

Re: When to use Avenging Wrath?

just to clarify seal of martyr was the ally equivalent of So blood correct,

in that case it doesn't exist and you might want to re-write your post.

Seal of the Martyr?! :O!
    IM TEH RET! er... teh holy... or it was teh prot?!
    This bro told a cool story on 2009-12-03 and proudly took part in the banfest.

Its a good question and Im not sure that I have a perfect answer for you. It largely depends on when your guild uses blood lust, how long the boss kill will take, if there are any "high dps" moments IE lots of adds, specific burn targets and a plethora of other variables.

Conventional wisdom would say wait for 5 stacks or SoCorr/Veng however on any fight thats more than 5 minutes our warrior uses his shattering throw right off the bat so I blow my avenging wrath along with my greatness deck and hit my wrathstone as well and can see up to 15k crits WITHOUT 5 stacks.

General wisdom is that 2 uses of avenging wrath > 1 no matter when youre using it (barring gimmicks, like timing it for Hodir Storm Power) so using it early and often > saving it for the perfect moment. That said you DO want your AW ready for blood lust so you may need to alter your timing for your second or third AW by a bit to make sure that happens. AW sometimes falls completely out of my rotation on some fights like Freya+3 so I can divine sacrafice at a moments notice if shit goes badly.

Every fight will be different and I know what I wrote might be confusing but thats the honest truth. Best useage depends on raid cd useage, and how fast your raid can clear the boss.

PS if there are any specific burn targets like say portals/volcano's on Jaraxxus HM you should be using your dps cd's to kill them quickly even though it is a reduction of dps. A rets first priority is to successfully clear the boss not to buff his place on the meters. Meter peen comes after the boss kill.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

15+ Year Old Account

0_ô
    SoV maybe..
    the best way is to proc it 30sec before starting the fight, that way its ready when all your stacks are up
    :P
    (proc it with flash heal, sacred shield, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    0_ô
    SoV maybe..
    the best way is to proc it 30sec before starting the fight, that way its ready when all your stacks are up
    :P
    (proc it with flash heal, sacred shield, etc)
    To be honest Nien ive never done that or even thought about it but the issue I can see is that youre potentially cutting out an extra proc at the tail end of the fight, then the question becomes is the potential loss of a AW/Greatness proc worth the double use at the front end of the boss fight.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Yes I meant seal of vengeance. I'm sick and I could not focus what I was writing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    To be honest Nien ive never done that or even thought about it but the issue I can see is that youre potentially cutting out an extra proc at the tail end of the fight, then the question becomes is the potential loss of a AW/Greatness proc worth the double use at the front end of the boss fight.
    well most of the time the last proc come too late anyway :P

What Munk said.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......