Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bladestorm and Frost nova.

Bitch Thread inc.

Is it me or does it seem like the amount of frost nova spells a mage has is absolutely fucking ridiculous, to the point where they are untouchable?
    So they can proc Nova from Casting frost spells, when ice barrier is removed, one from their elemental and their normal one.
    Considering they have Ice barrier up once per 30 seconds, which seems to be very buggy anyway and is terribly hard to dispell, they then have the chance to proc on frost bolt one or w/e, they have their pets nova, and normal cast nova. Through all this they still have 2x Ice block just incase in the rare occasion you do get to them, and then they blink away. Isnt this a little too much to handle for a melee class which doesnt have a CoS/Freedom spell ? oh, and almost forgetting, the stupid 4 second stun cone thing they do, imho this needs nerfing, fair enough they are squishy but this is too much.

Secondly, Even with Wolves, stoneclaw(glyphed) and shamanistic rage up, a warrior can get me from 100% health to around 30-40% health by the time his bladestorms up, this + minus heal and 3 charges, is, imho, too offensive for the very short cooldown it has, either the cooldown should be lengthened or the damage done should be reduced.

Bitch thread over, feel free to flame me or w/e you like.

Octohoof - Nordrassil (A)

Re: Bladestorm and Frost nova.

so,youre melee shaman.
    melee shamans have snare immune,so no slows
    melee shamans have wolves,that remove 2x novas,gives them sprint,and that works great with imp.earthbind totem
    melee shamans have 6sec cd interrupt
    melee shamans have grounding
    thats against mage's

against lolstorm---you have sprint to run away from it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    If someone will tell me true meaning of life I will quit right away and start doing "that thing".

what if you put a frost mage versus a arms warrior? the 2 OP powers would clash... oh noes!
    anyways, you want to be able to kill everyone EASILY with one class? doesnt work that way buddy

Edit: 'EASILY'

since when both warriors and mage's became op?:O
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19
    If someone will tell me true meaning of life I will quit right away and start doing "that thing".

to sowing - Shamans arent snare immune, the totem pulses every 3 seconds, i get a hit on a mage more than every 3 seconds when im near him, which slows me in return, and when his shield IS removed im rooted.
    I can remove a snare once when wolves are summoned and once again 32 seconds later, thats two snare removes, by this time im most likely dead in an arena scenario anyway
    I cant silence a mage if im in his stunning, or if im silenced, this is only a 2 second stun, 90% of the time they blink away and start recasting
    grounding is one spell per 15 seconds, which is usually an ice lance

lolstorm has either a stupid big range, or server lag prevents me from running away from it, Im pretty quick to notice it pop, but whenever i sprint away i always seem to still get almost full skillstorm duration damage on me, noticed it through pillars a few times too.

to skrumpcious - Im not expecting to beat every class easily, Im just saying that nova and bladestorm are an issue in pvp in my eyes, not only as enhance but just in general.

Id like to add that obviously i wouldnt want frost nova removing as its one of the main spells that keeps mages alive, but perhaps some sort of diminishing returns system on it would be nice, or maybe remove one or two of the proc chances.

Another l2p issues here, at least considering bladestorm. I may be bit agree here with frost novas, they really have way too many of those but... novas should have dimishing returns tbh...

Quote Originally Posted by Octohoof
    Id like to add that obviously i wouldnt want frost nova removing as its one of the main spells that keeps mages alive, but perhaps some sort of diminishing returns system on it would be nice, or maybe remove one or two of the proc chances.

Shattered barrier and frostbite already share DR, the 'cone' stun or whatever you described it as, shares DR with every other controlled stun in the game, water elemental can be killed within seconds, and what do you mean "remove one or two of the proc chances"? There's only one.

I meant remove shattered barrier OR frostbite, to maybe give them one less possible chance of getting a nova off. Wasnt aware of the stun having DR's so thankyou.
    Elementals have like 11-12k hp i think? tbh if a mage is nukingg you, his ele is often out of melee range and due to the endless novas i cant touch either of them, and by going for the ele, the mage is nuking me freely.

I meant remove shattered barrier OR frostbite, to maybe give them one less possible chance of getting a nova off. Wasnt aware of the stun having DR's so thankyou.
    Elementals have like 11-12k hp i think? tbh if a mage is nukingg you, his ele is often out of melee range and due to the endless novas i cant touch either of them, and by going for the ele, the mage is nuking me freely.

May I ask, where are your partners?

L 2 Play... as in don't waste your time pvping as a shaman

Bladestorm really only does like ~2k dps per second with only a couple of crits...It isnt hard to heal through, but I do agree with the mage thing, 3 frost novas all on under 10 second cooldowns/proc every 4th spell, on top of blink and 2 iceblocks is just retarded...I have maybe beaten 3 frost mages in duels/pvp, at least recently. Recently being last month. I lost my arena partner (douchebag who pocketed 600g and left) b/c of a mage, went Warrior/priest again Mage/priest. After 10 minutes, and 61475621852094865794367246758 frost novas, we lose. So he leaves....Doesn't even get a mage, he gets a rogue. He'd still be a scrub in full deadly (that includes offset pieces, btw, not just set pieces) if it wasnt for me. Then he just up and leaves. Fuck him fuck mages fuck WoW...Why I bother playing this game anymore? I find it a way to cope with life's total fucking bullshit.

Went passive, to mild memory induced frustration, to raging. Just talking about mages and getting fucked over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldjman View Post
    Warriors viable in multiple comps? lolno. Any high rated warrior falls under the following;
    1) wintraded.
    2) very high mmr at the start of the season, so they fought their way to glad at 5 am vs 2k teams.
    3) has their connections from previous seasons carry their class.
    Also, we most certainly weren't the most op in S9. Dk's were a better warrior in every aspect. Thanks for trying though.

Quote Originally Posted by tron
    L 2 Play... as in don't waste your time pvping as a shaman
    I laughed, until I realized you were serious - then I just raged at your ignorance.

This isnt really much of an excuse, bit Alliance pvp on nordrassil is dire. Really. Struggling to find a 3v3 with t2 weapon capabilities no for like 4 weeks, and majority of top rated pvpers went horde.
    ive played some random combos to 2k in previous seasons, so playing enh/feral atm in 2s.

purg his barrier to get rid of 1 nova, then you have to deal with CC of a frost mage just like every other melee, such as my warrior, and as Keiqq said, where is your partner in all this, with warriors, (other then the totem tick that removes a snare i dont know about any others that you have) but if he hamstrings you and goes into bladestorm, couldnt you just drop your totem and try to run, i'm certain that as enhance your wolves give you a sprint, if you get out of range the warrior is open to be hit from ranged, which you could get what, one shock in? but either way, you posted this in the arena section, so you'll have your partner(s) there to help out

This --> This Yay!

Bitch Thread inc.

Is it me or does it seem like the amount of frost nova spells a mage has is absolutely fucking ridiculous, to the point where they are untouchable?
    So they can proc Nova from Casting frost spells, when ice barrier is removed, one from their elemental and their normal one.
    Considering they have Ice barrier up once per 30 seconds, which seems to be very buggy anyway and is terribly hard to dispell, they then have the chance to proc on frost bolt one or w/e, they have their pets nova, and normal cast nova. Through all this they still have 2x Ice block just incase in the rare occasion you do get to them, and then they blink away. Isnt this a little too much to handle for a melee class which doesnt have a CoS/Freedom spell ? oh, and almost forgetting, the stupid 4 second stun cone thing they do, imho this needs nerfing, fair enough they are squishy but this is too much.

Secondly, Even with Wolves, stoneclaw(glyphed) and shamanistic rage up, a warrior can get me from 100% health to around 30-40% health by the time his bladestorms up, this + minus heal and 3 charges, is, imho, too offensive for the very short cooldown it has, either the cooldown should be lengthened or the damage done should be reduced.

Bitch thread over, feel free to flame me or w/e you like.

Octohoof - Nordrassil (A)
    Have you ever heard of purge? As a shaman vs a frost mage you should be able to rape him. He can't cast (Wind Shear) he can't run (sprint+freedom) and even then your very tough with instant healing waves and wolves healing. And its not like he can just double ice block he has to wait 30 sec in between. And its not like he has any buffs all you gotta do is spam purge= win

Quote Originally Posted by Valdemar
    Bladestorm really only does like ~2k dps per second with only a couple of crits...It isnt hard to heal through, but I do agree with the mage thing, 3 frost novas all on under 10 second cooldowns/proc every 4th spell, on top of blink and 2 iceblocks is just retarded...I have maybe beaten 3 frost mages in duels/pvp, at least recently. Recently being last month. I lost my arena partner (douchebag who pocketed 600g and left) b/c of a mage, went Warrior/priest again Mage/priest. After 10 minutes, and 61475621852094865794367246758 frost novas, we lose. So he leaves....Doesn't even get a mage, he gets a rogue. He'd still be a scrub in full deadly (that includes offset pieces, btw, not just set pieces) if it wasnt for me. Then he just up and leaves. Fuck him fuck mages fuck WoW...Why I bother playing this game anymore? I find it a way to cope with life's total fucking bullshit.

Went passive, to mild memory induced frustration, to raging. Just talking about mages and getting fucked over.
    You need to CALM DOWN, bro.

By the way, I'd love to do 2K dps per second ( 2K dps^2 if you will) - that would be awesome!

Ok ok ok ok, to me, it seems really hard to purge barrier, it always seems to buff his other trash buffs before it purges ice barrier, (fingers of frost, ice veins, int, etc) plus whatever buffs he has from partners. And even if i do purge it he blinks and casts normal nova.
    Also, wolves DO give 60% sprint, but they dont remove roots, only for the first 1-2 seconds.
    may i also add, maelstrom procs in arena are rare.

Also, partner cant CC warrior when he is cycloning

well, purging ice fingers or whatever and icy veins isnt bad at all, icy fingers lets him stun you regardless of being nova'd, and purging his int lowers his crit/mana, it might be a little, but it is lowered nonetheless, again, frostmages have been awesome CCers for a long time, i dont suppose that you JUST noticed that
    and all you have to do is get away from the warriors bladestorm, it seems that it's the only thing that bothers you about them