Hunters Mark being dispelled by Ignis?

Howdy!

Something that I not experienced before - not sure if I've just been lucky or not noticed it happening before or if this fight is slightly bugged at the moment?

Last night I was on Ignis 25 man and noticed that Hunters Mark would only last about 30 seconds or so instead of 5 mins - it seemed to be dispelled by something.

As far as I was aware, the only way of removing hunters mark was for a rogue to vanish? I'm pretty sure Ignis isn't a rogue, and he definately wasn't vanishing.

So, anyone else getting this? Is he bugged at the moment or is this something that he's always been able to do?

Re: Hunters Mark being dispelled by Ignis?

Just a thought, not another hunter applying it (perhaps with Imp mark or glyph) thus withdrawing yours ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark
    I dont know why everyone expects thing to be rebuilt after a cataclysm. Last time i checked, earthquakes dont fix roofs.

Another hunter applying it would not "remove" the buff. There would still be a hunters mark on him.

Maybe someone screwed up something in the debuff files, and some other similar debuff is now considered to be a "non stacking in same category" debuff, and is overwriting it?

Deleted

Hunter's Mark is magic btw, so palas and priests can remove it .. Tho dont think ignis is a priest =D (or pala .. )

10+ Year Old Account

I have a growing suspicion that David Hasselhoff has something to do with this.
    Here come the Irish.

It's being overwritten by another hunter.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Atty
    It's being overwritten by another hunter.
    LOL
    Do you even play a hunter?
    Read what he said,the hunters mark is GOING AWAY COMPLETELY,dont you realise if another hunter applies hunter's mark the target will continue to have a hunters mark on it. :
    Here come the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by WillFeral
    LOL
    Do you even play a hunter?
    Read what he said,the hunters mark is GOING AWAY COMPLETELY,dont you realise if another hunter applies hunter's mark the target will continue to have a hunters mark on it. :
    You might want to take this in consideration.

Hunter 1 applies mark on Ignis. Hunter 2 overwrites it on Ignis.
    Aparantly, hunter 2 is on the addkilling when they're molten, and for some reason decided to do this.
    Hunter 2 applies mark on add. Ignis loses mark and leaves hunter 1 dumbfounded.

So yeah. Think for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Highmitsu
    You might want to take this in consideration.

Hunter 1 applies mark on Ignis. Hunter 2 overwrites it on Ignis.
    Aparantly, hunter 2 is on the addkilling when they're molten, and for some reason decided to do this.
    Hunter 2 applies mark on add. Ignis loses mark and leaves hunter 1 dumbfounded.

So yeah. Think for a moment.
    Or hunter 1 applies hunter's mark. Hunter 2 overwrites mark and dies.

Good point aswell! But if hunter 2 dies on every Ignis, it'd be pretty retarded. :x

I often catch myself wondering why Hunter's Mark went. Why?

Because when it's yours, Hunters Mark is first on the boss nameplate for debuffs, and larger. When another hunter applies it, it's randomly in the long list of debuffs.