Feral Druid Questions

Hey i have two questions about feral druids that im not 100% sure on.

1. When using Berserk at the start of a fight, how should i do it? Currently i do Mangle - SV - wait till 90energy - Berserk - Rake - Shred/mangle till 5 CP - Rip - Mangle/Shred/Rake till 5 CP - SV - Mangle/Shred/Rake till 5 CB or until berserk ends - FB - start normal rotation.

2. With Mangle and Savage Roar does the +damage they give apply only when Rip/Rake are used, or if i do mangle/SV and then Rip/Rake do they get the +damage? For example - theres no savage roar on the target, i put a 5 stack Rip up and SV about 4secs after, does the rest of the Rip tick with +33% damage? Another example is, if i use Rip while Mangle is up, but mangle falls off, does the rest of the Rip tick with the added Mangle effect, or does it tick without the mangle damage modifier?

Thanks for any help
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

Re: Feral Druid Questions

1. Depends on the situation, but let's say I'm on a raidboss I do like this:
    Mangle, SR, Rake and perhaps a shred until I'm out of energy. Then I pop Tiger's Fury, Berserk, apply Rip if I got 5 CP's, and then shred all the way. Just keep the dots up while doing it.

2. I did some tests and this is what I got:
    If you apply Rake before you apply SR, Rake's ticks won't increase. If you use Rake and SR falls off while it's ticking, the ticks does not decrease even while SR is off.

Haven't tried Rip, I just figured it worked the same way.

Mangle is more dynamic, applying Mangle after applying Rake will increase the Rake tick-dmg.

Savage Roar does no effect rip in way what so ever
    Wrong. Savage Roar do indeed affect Rip. I just tried it and the ticks of Rip went from ticking 1000 and critting 2000, to with SR up tick for 1300 and crit for 3000.

But, it is exactly the same as for Rake. You need to apply SR before you apply Rip for the ticks to increase.

Sorry I am a little confused by some of the wording but I'll try and answer the questions to the best of my ability because the answers you recieved weren't technically right.

1. I tend to wait a little while after a fight begins before popping Berserk. I usually Mangle > SR > Rake > Shred > TF > Berserk, after that point I Shred again and using 5cp Rip and then just start going nuts on shreds and FB when I'm around 20ish energy. Spamming shred while Berserk is up gives more DPE than blowing FB which still consumes up to 33 energy (I can't remember exact numbers, but I know its around there.)

2. SR has to be up BEFORE you apply any type of bleed. If it falls off afterwards the bleed still has the initial 30% increased damage from SR. Mangle though is a different, Mangle has to ALWAYS be up for the dots to recieve the buff. Mangle can also be applied after the dot is applied and still increase the dot thereafter.

But the important thing to remember about that is that your dots will only recieve the dmg buff if it is up BEFORE the dot is applied.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Biznick
    2. SR has to be up BEFORE you apply any type of bleed. If it falls off afterwards the bleed still has the initial 30% increased damage from SR. Mangle though is a different, Mangle has to ALWAYS be up for the dots to recieve the buff. Mangle can also be applied after the dot is applied and still increase the dot thereafter.

But the important thing to remember about that is that your dots will only recieve the dmg buff if it is up BEFORE the dot is applied.
    This. Bleeds are affected by buffs on you when they're first applied (savage roar, trinket procs, etc), and in real time are affected by debuffs on the boss (mangle). If buffs on you change during the duration, your bleeds don't change. If debuffs on the boss change, your bleeds do change.

Quote Originally Posted by Weena
    1. When using Berserk at the start of a fight, how should i do it? Currently i do Mangle - SV - wait till 90energy - Berserk - Rake - Shred/mangle till 5 CP - Rip - Mangle/Shred/Rake till 5 CP - SV - Mangle/Shred/Rake till 5 CB or until berserk ends - FB - start normal rotation.
    Berserk is for Shreds. Get SR, rake, mangle and rip up, berserk and start shredding. I doubt you'll be able to get a berserk of all shreds, but you should be able to get through it using only a rake and rip or something to that effect. The idea is to spend every bit of energy smashing your shred button while berserk is up. Most importantly, make sure SR is not going to wear out during your Berserk. For some stupid reason berserk does not reduce the energy cost of SR, the same as it does not consume a clearcasting proc, so you're using 30 energy and losing 2 shreds if you have to refresh during your berserk.

Ok thanks for the answers
    Priest - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenalol
    Druid - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Barthilas&n=Weenah
    DK - http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei%27Thos&n=Weenalol

This is how i start my rotation on every fight, without manglebot -> Mangle, Rake, SR, shred, TF, shred, shred, normally have 5 cp's and hit Rip if not i re-apply rake then rip, wait for energy 2-3 seconds mangle, berserk, shred shred, FB, shred, shred, SR, shred and by that time your berserk is gone and TF is back up and you start your rotation.

With mangle bot it only changes slightly -> Rake, Shred, SR, shred, TF, shred, shred, RIP, reply rake, berserk, shred, shred, shred, FB, shred, shred, SR, shred, berserk over, TF shred, shred reapply rip and start your rotation.

This is what works best for me, sometimes you have to wait a second before you get the shred off before you Tigers Fury at the very start, but for me it makes sense that way watch your threat though I have pulled off many a warrior tank who forgot to put vigilance on me this generates a high early burst and is easy to keep your dps high. Another thing to remember is that you always want to have 55% crit or higher as feral to keep up your rotation so drop some arp gems for agi if your not there :P

EDIT:
    Also I forgot to add, this is assuming 2 piece T9 for rake timing in your rotation early on. Obviously only using mangle before you SR would work if you have 4pc-t8 but other than that I would recommend doing mangle and rake before you SR 2-4 combo point > a 1-2 SR, especially early on while your setting up your rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by Heywes
    Savage Roar does no effect rip in way what so ever
    SV affects physical damage, so mangle shred, melee (white) fb and rake initial hit

with beserk its the same always
    keep up your bleeds, shred for combo points, if you have lots of spare energy and 5 combo points with a fair amount of time on rip and sv used fb if not, wait it out.

Oh and each tick is individual from the last (except from AP, thats taken from when you applied it) if mangle falls off or is applied, the next tick is or is not affected.
    This is wrong on several accounts.
    Savage roar DOES affect rip AND the rake ticks. This is why Savage roar is #1 on your list.
    Do not unload a full energy FB, if you are going to FB be sure to only use it if you have plenty of time on your SR and Rip and spam it so you don't waste energy over the 35 it needs. FB is at the bottom of your priority list.
    If mangle/trauma falls off, you lose 30% damage to all bleeds past and present. If SR falls off, you lose the 33% (glyphed) bonus damage to anything you do after the fact but not bleeds that were already applied.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by gollie
    But, it is exactly the same as for Rake. You need to apply SR before you apply Rip for the ticks to increase.
    this what always thoguh but i was never realy sure, but dots like bleed effect calculate thier dmg on the moment of aplication right ? and it doesnt matter if your buff chacne after u put it on right ? or is this wrong ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra
    dots like bleed effect calculate thier dmg on the moment of aplication right ? and it doesnt matter if your buff chacne after u put it on right ? or is this wrong ?
    It doesn't matter if *your* buffs change. It matters if the *boss's* (de)buffs change. If mangle falls off, your bleed will suddenly be doing less damage. If your trinket proc falls off, it will not affect the bleed damage.