Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Chaos Bolt cancels the Ardent Defender heal.

Tested this, and Chaos Bolt functions identically against a lolholy priest popping Guardian Spirit. Good times to be had.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

2.6k chaosbolt ^_^

l2p warlock!

15+ Year Old Account

Ok, I tested this last night with a warlock friend of mine. The heal in fact did proc on the Chaos Bolt that should have killed me. I did not absorb any of the dmg of a chaos bolt when I was below 35% health, but the heal proc did indeed happen.

This seems to be what was intended. CB will pierce all absorption effects, but the heal isn't based on if the dmg was absorbed or not. But rather based on if it "should" kill you, regardless if the dmg was absorbed or not.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rytoz/advanced

If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos
    Ok, I tested this last night with a warlock friend of mine. The heal in fact did proc on the Chaos Bolt that should have killed me. I did not absorb any of the dmg of a chaos bolt when I was below 35% health, but the heal proc did indeed happen.

This seems to be what was intended. CB will pierce all absorption effects, but the heal isn't based on if the dmg was absorbed or not. But rather based on if it "should" kill you, regardless if the dmg was absorbed or not.
    i'm confused because in the screen shots i've seen here the AD cd debuff is not in effect. how could AD proc without adding the debuff? my conclusion from this thread is that CB does NOT proc any part of AD...similar to fall damage not proccing.

whether or not the CB/AD interaction is intended or not is a separate discussion.
    "Twinking is a way to invest in a different type of game balance at early levels. If you think that twink groups invest all of that gold and attention merely to roll noobs, you are mistaken. " -Blue post

Now with patch 3.2, we're technically supporting twinking by allowing players who aren't level capped to play in Battlegrounds without risking leveling up. -Blue post

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos

We're not talking about the reduction while below 35%. We're talking about absorbing the killing blow. If it did not absorb the killing blow then how could the heal go off because you're already dead. Are you saying it absorbed the killing blow? Others are saying they also tested it on priests GS and it pierces through that and kill the person as well. One of you is testing something wrong.

EDIT: Wait, you're not testing via a duel are you? That would skip the whole point since you can't actually die so the heal could possibly still go off.
    Drunk toddlers in a dryer

Quote Originally Posted by draticus
    EDIT: Wait, you're not testing via a duel are you? That would skip the whole point since you can't actually die so the heal could possibly still go off.
    but you'd lose the match cus you "died"

try it in an open arena like the one in STV or Nagrand... etc.