Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Are you speccing SoC?

With the new change are you speccing in to Command? If so, when are you using it, and what are the results you are seeing?

Re: Are you speccing SoC?

It actually is pretty insane in 5mans and on trash. So insane actually that I end up tanking most mobs if the run isn't with a guild tank.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Anuberak
    It actually is pretty insane in 5mans and on trash. So insane actually that I end up tanking most mobs if the run isn't with a guild tank.
    /agreed
    damn tank who says Seal of light is better for him.. lol whut?
    just removed a point from divinity wich is a filler point :P

IDK when exactly i'm going to use it as SoR has been so dam powerful w/ multiple adds, but i did pick it back up to try out in different situations

I've seen my DPS on multiple targets spike pretty damn high. Razorscale is a great example of that. Haven't tested it in ToC yet but I have a feeling it could be nice against Faction Champions.

And in 5mans it blows SoR away. So many juicy three mob pulls, so little time! Of course... have a good healer cause you're more likely to pull aggro.
    Read the signature rules.

does it work good for tanks aswell? (Allong with reckoning in heroics and stuff)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktard
    does it work good for tanks aswell? (Allong with reckoning in heroics and stuff)
    no serious protadin spec for reckoning :-X
    and it only proc from auto attack since HoR is an aoe attack

Quote Originally Posted by Rocktard
    Last I checked it still had the hidden 1 second cooldown. And atm reckoning it all-but useless for tanking.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Would SoC be worth picking up as a tank or no?
    :-\
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    no serious protadin spec for reckoning :-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Horn
    And atm reckoning it all-but useless for tanking.

3/5 Reckoning is a lot more popular of a choice than you think. In order to get further in the tree, you either need to spend 3 points in DS/DG, Divinity, or Reckoning. 3/5 Reckoning is a far better choice than Divinity, and especially if you have someone else casting Sacred Shield on you, a better choice than DS/DG for a MT.

On topic, I've heard of prot paladins getting good results from SoC in heroics and trash, but I don't foresee myself ever speccing for heroics or trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Krusader37
    With the new change are you speccing in to Command? If so, when are you using it, and what are the results you are seeing?
    you should use it.
    Check out my Ret Paladin YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/VarabenGaming

#RETPRESENT

i love it

Once my 3's arena team hits 2200, we're gonna sit on it and make a 5's cleave team. At that point, yes, i'll take it.

Ive never dropped it from my spec even when it was an unpopular talent to have.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    Ive never dropped it from my spec even when it was an unpopular talent to have.
    Yeah, my AoE damage is through the roof, still SoV/C for single mob boss fights.. But good god I can easily hit 5k+ dps WITHOUT Divine Storm... 7k+ easy with Divine Storm.. lol. By that point it's ret tank ftw though. :P

15+ Year Old Account

definitly worth it, just watch your aggro on off-tanked targets.

10+ Year Old Account

Aggro is crazy with SoC. If you don`t have a proper tank, SoR is still better because you won`t be using all abilities with SoC so you don`t over aggro. But the dps increase on trash is pretty damn good, at least in heroics that is.

It's pretty much great imo. For AoE Trash/5-Man Trash is great.

Another insane thing and hopefully they won't get it nerfed, I think it is good to tank with lol. I tried it yesterday on two Target Dummies, whenever I Hammer of Righteous the Two Dummies, I see 6 Numbers, 2 related to Hammer and 4 related to SoC. Amazing thing also, Judgements of the Just cause the Judgement to Proc the Seal and it also chains. Also, Seal of Command cleave procs off Shield of Righteousness. Yesterday i've tested it for like 10 mins.

Judgements of the Just in presence, Seal of Command Procs along with its Cleave off Judgement/Shield of Righteousness. Cleave effect hits even from Hammer of Righteous double on each target hit. Pretty much a bug, but hope they never fix it

Edit: Typo

Made by myself while I'm bored..

PvP: It doesn't ignore targets under effects of crowd control that breaks on damage, so it's not really awesome in CC-reliant arena teams (Sheeps, Saps, Blinds, your own Repentance), kind of fun in cleave teams and Battlegrounds.

PvE: Not reliable single-target damage, but the best at multi-target damage. Great for doing dailys, 5-mans, and certain bosses/encounters.

Only costs 1 talent point, requires no further points to augment it. If you can spare it, it's situationally nice. Still not a reliable Seal for burst or DPS on a single target.

This is great for pvp in cleave teams and bg. Going against two more people as Ret and knowing how to survive maannn that healer had to let someone die.

I was against this because I felt the judgement should of been higher but the cleave itself puts pressure on any healer whose teammates are too close.

I think with the right comp in arena a Ret with gear in a non cc reliable team type or even that with cc on DR can give some teams a run. Yes even RMP if that rogue is not on your healer.

Ret got dangerous but not OP. However it works even better as a Bloodelf. Need I say more or do I have to spell it.

5 mans and trash I love it. I never gave up on the seal really I just used it against certain things in pvp.