Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Are you speccing SoC?

anyone tested it on kologarn yet?
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

let me put it this way:

image from "Seal of Cleave2" on youtube.

so yes, i'm speccing SoC and it's awesome
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

Quote Originally Posted by Luurik

Read somewhere on EJ that it works nicely there, since the arms are considered as vehicles or so, so if you hit the body or right arm it'll chain to hit the other 2 parts. With Divine Storm as well, it's really good.

Made by myself while I'm bored..

Quote Originally Posted by Nienniora
    no serious protadin spec for reckoning :-X
    and it only proc from auto attack since HoR is an aoe attack
    I believe you are wrong on that. HoR is a Single target Cleave hitting 4 targets. Thus it procs 1 SoCom that will chain onto other targets. Just like DS is AOE but SoCom will only proc off the targeted mob.

So for tanking it procs off of Melee, ShoR and HoR. I have used it for tanking AOE packs and it works quite well.

As for Ret, it is quite amazing for AOE DMG in 5 and 10 mans. However in 25 mans I think the melee should still be single targeting a mob and let the "true" aoers aoe the adds. Although I my guess is that if you can Seal Dance good enough and not have mana issues, it might help more with splash dmg for 25 mans.
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

I myself was a doubter of this seal, but reading this thread made me want to give it a try.

So I spec'd into it and went and ran the H daily heroic.....zomg dps on trash mobs really is quite insane.

I specced into SoC for Arenas. It's not in my PvE Spec, I see having the 1/2 Imp LoH for the tanks if needed to be more helpful than topping meters on trash. But all in all I have it for my 5v5 arena team, if we don't burst something down with me using SoR and its melee heavy I Swap to SoC.

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

I'll just ask this here to avoid starting a new thread, but for single target fights at what point (crit chance wise) would seal of command overtake seal of righteousness dps wise?

Assuming that the number of time it crits is directly proportional to your crit chance.

With leather gear making it's way more and more into alot of people's BiS lists due to the T9 2 piece bonus I wonder if our crit chance might creep up high enough raid buff'd to make this something that would need considering.

God, I just looked 10 minutes trough my trees looking for the SoC talent... then I saw it's a paladin threat (I'm a warlock)

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    let me put it this way:
    Lol awesome. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Leidus
    3/5 Reckoning is a lot more popular of a choice than you think. In order to get further in the tree, you either need to spend 3 points in DS/DG, Divinity, or Reckoning. 3/5 Reckoning is a far better choice than Divinity, and especially if you have someone else casting Sacred Shield on you, a better choice than DS/DG for a MT.
    While I certainly don't want to debate a talents popularity, I can tell you that taking reckoning over DS/DG is a bad move.

DS/DG is a situational talent to be sure. It's useful in the majority of fights and can take a lot of burden off your healers. Alternatively, reckoning is the lowest threat talent in the entirety of the prot tree.

Yes, reckoning is a "cool" talent, that doesn't make it functional or desirable at all.

what libram are people equipping when using SoC?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    let me put it this way:

image from "Seal of Cleave2" on youtube.

so yes, i'm speccing SoC and it's awesome
    6/10
    Characters:
    http://pewpewboom.zer.googlepages.com/zer%27scharacter2

Quote Originally Posted by Caean
    When I use SoC I use the SoC libram.. SoV/C.... SoV/C libram.

ds one or pvp (furious etc)

15+ Year Old Account

SoC is awesome on Anub'arak
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted

Seems that SoC became our number one trash seal, our version of Cleave. Against heroic trash and, for example, Onyxia's whelps its damage is insane.

Against single targets, however, its damage is still pathetic, much due to the extremely weak Judgement effect. For short single-target fights SoR rules supreme; its Judgement is like a small nuke and especially with the 2-piece T9 bonus you want big Judgement crits.

SoV is still as it used to be, best for long single-target fights (i.e. bosses) where you have time to build up all stacks, keep them up and dps like that for a good while.

Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    I'll just ask this here to avoid starting a new thread, but for single target fights at what point (crit chance wise) would seal of command overtake seal of righteousness dps wise?
    Never. SoR beats SoC when you first cast a Judgement, regardless of your crit rating.

Personally I swap to the PvP libram. It's automatic with a macro:

/cast Seal of Command (or Righteousness)
    /equip Deadly Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude

And in that order. Equipping the libram before casting bugs GCD.

Similar macro for SoV and Libram of Valiance.

It's now available for 15300 honor points so all that Arena grinding I did for mine feels so useless now. :P

I am specced into SoC, I never use it, I was asked to spec into it for add killing on Heroic Anub'Arak 25, in case we were short on AoE that night I swap my libram to the furious one and swap to SoC and destroy adds.

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

wtb more multiple target fights.

I've never specced out of it actually...even when it was useless.

Now, if I trust my tank and they're good at aoe tanking, I'll bust out SoC and easily shoot up past 6k and beyond depending on the pull size. If I don't trust my tank (say in a pug 5-man), I stick with SoV and still pop 5k+ at will.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

Quote Originally Posted by Luurik
    I tried it out on Kologarn last week after the change with hilarious results. It's probably the perfect example of a boss fight where it's not problematic to simply go nuts with melee AoE on a boss and it can be more effective than greater single target DPS when you change targets appropriately. We're an average raid, and I wound up doing about 7800 DPS that fight between SoComm, DS, and Consecrate and came out about 200 DPS ahead of our top rogue DPSer.

Between that, and easily pulling 4300 DPS in a 5-man, SoComm is more of a gimmick, but it's a fun one that certainly has its uses.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)