Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Are you speccing SoC?

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless
    I tried it out on Kologarn last week after the change with hilarious results. It's probably the perfect example of a boss fight where it's not problematic to simply go nuts with melee AoE on a boss and it can be more effective than greater single target DPS when you change targets appropriately.
    Am i in error if i think while you'll explode the meters, you underperform, since you have to kill the arm (single target) ASAP?

I never cared about the damage i did to kolo's chest until after i broke the arm. Looks fail to me :P

On topic, i tried it on ony's whelps sunday. Yellow crap on all my screen for sure
    salvation mandatory ...
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...fknight/simple
    Can Heal, Tank, DPS, and go AFK like no other.

Read a post about SoC working on HoR?
    Can anyone confirm if this is still wroking?

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    Am i in error if i think while you'll explode the meters, you underperform, since you have to kill the arm (single target) ASAP?

I never cared about the damage i did to kolo's chest until after i broke the arm. Looks fail to me :P

On topic, i tried it on ony's whelps sunday. Yellow crap on all my screen for sure
    salvation mandatory ...
    He simply asked if anyone had tried it out, and I had. Kologarn isn't exactly a progression boss anymore. I felt pretty comfortable trying out the new SoComm.

And if a raid isn't killing the arm fast enough to make SoV a poor choice comparatively because of the ramp-up time, then you'd probably be correct. Ours is.

Using SoComm, your focus is still the right arm, so you're still putting out white, CS, and (admittedly weak) judgments on that target, but you're getting additional splash damage on the body and left arm while doing so. For me, the difference in DPS that I'd gain single target over the course of those few seconds is minimal compared to the splash damage I'd be giving up over the course of the fight. If we needed some burst because a healer was down I could use SoV or even SoR instead, but that never happens anymore.

Overall, the incidental AoE damage being done in our raid over the course of the fight is enough that, by the end, we just kill the left arm because it's so low it takes barely any effort to finish him off. In this situation, none of the damage is "wasted" per se, as it would be elsewhere. Different raid comps will obviously have different methods, though. If your raid does things differently, more power to you.

If someone is just learning Kologarn and/or your raid doesn't have the best healers / DPSers, your suggestion would probably be sound advice. For us, it's just a fun speed kill.

Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

allright then

i remember last time i did kolo, we did kill the left arm with splash damage anyway ...

Good advice, will use SoC then, then just pretend i found a new ret "rotation"

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret
    It's now available for 15300 honor points so all that Arena grinding I did for mine feels so useless now. :P
    So, you don't have to have a arena team rating of 1800 anymore? Just honor points? When did that happen?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Luthius

Read somewhere on EJ that it works nicely there, since the arms are considered as vehicles or so, so if you hit the body or right arm it'll chain to hit the other 2 parts. With Divine Storm as well, it's really good.
    How does it compare to DPS with SoV when you keep its DoT rolling on 2 or all 3 components at once?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchipper
    So, you don't have to have a arena team rating of 1800 anymore? Just honor points? When did that happen?
    New season. Though what you quoted isn't entirely true.

Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

I'm still confused...can I buy the Deadly Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude with just 15,300 honor points? I suck at PvP and would rather not run arena if I don't have to.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Bigchipper
    I'm still confused...can I buy the Deadly Gladiator's Libram of Fortitude with just 15,300 honor points? I suck at PvP and would rather not run arena if I don't have to.
    yep confirmed just checked.. no idea how i miss that

I'm baaaaack!

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowblast
    I'm baaaaack!
    lol whut?
    get back in the shoes box!

an evul random faceless one tried to overthrow my wisdom, but I overcame his treachery, and saved the Crown of Mighty Pwnzor ~!

I've just speced back into it to give it a try. Since I mostly BG, Command has been pretty fun. It's great in WG against large trains of siege (or SOTA) and your aoe damage does indeed spike. But if you do BG you need to grow accustomed to swapping seals on the fly... if folks are spread out/solo, SoR...if clumped up, SoCommand... wastes a GCD and a lil mana sometimes but honestly it adds another element into play that is somewhat fun. Also, between consecrate, divine storm, and SoCommand, fighting large groups of alliance is really fun and paladins can really put a lot of strain on healers if they're in the middle of it all doing their damage while still rocking their actual focused target pretty hard.

In terms of simply being of viable use now in pvp, i would most defiantely say yes, as long as you know when to use it versus your other seals. In Arena, I 2s mostly so no I don't use SoCommand there. In 3s, yes.
    Hi, I'm Lerty.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowblast
    an evul random faceless one tried to overthrow my wisdom, but I overcame his treachery, and saved the Crown of Mighty Pwnzor ~!
    good luck with your perma ban
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunjniir
    if folks are spread out/solo, SoR...if clumped up, SoCommand... wastes a GCD and a lil mana sometimes but honestly it adds another element into play that is somewhat fun.
    same thing apply in a instance been doing that since the patch :P
    in before the : oh no im wasting mana, learn to DP and judge more and drink when really needed (take less then 5sec anyway)

oh no no, I will survive!

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    How does it compare to DPS with SoV when you keep its DoT rolling on 2 or all 3 components at once?
    You mean stacking 5 dots then switching, repeat?
    never tried, hmmm....

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbender
    You mean stacking 5 dots then switching, repeat?
    never tried, hmmm....
    Yes: I can usually keep at least 2 5-stacks of HV up (one on the body, one on the off-arm) and 5-stacks on all 3 if I am lucky and Hit/Exp capped.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronark
    Yes: I can usually keep at least 2 5-stacks of HV up (one on the body, one on the off-arm) and 5-stacks on all 3 if I am lucky and Hit/Exp capped.
    too bad DS doesn't apply HV

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Alenko
    too bad DS doesn't apply HV
    No: but by keeping stacks on 2 or 3 of the targets, you still get the Seal hit with DS on all targets.