Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Holy Paladin PvE help please

Hey guys,

I have just recently started playing my Holy Paladin again, and I'm not exactly sure what patch 3.2 has done for paladins. What stats should I want most on my gear, what should I gem, and what spec should I have.

I don't raid hard modes or anything, but I will be raiding 10 and 25 man ToTC just to give you an idea of the content I'm on.

I also have 4pc of the T7, so I can always interchange that with my current gear if you find that better.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...onar&n=Reikoku

thanks so much guys

Re: Holy Paladin PvE help please

step 1) stack the fuck out of int. seriously. just stack int. int int int int int int int(edit: don't get me wrong. that doesn't mean you should equip blue level 80 of the intellect(what are they called? whatever. the ones with just intellect on them)stuff. the other stats are still valuable but i think you get my point.)
    step 2) read elitist jerks for spec/consumables/gems/everything else. it's just that good.
    step 3) if you still have questions after that, come back here and post them. we'll be glad to help.

general MMO-Champion Forum safety tip: don't forget your anti-flame suit!

flame on, baby!
    And Christ said to his disciples, "I shall grant you eternal Salvation!"
    The disciples fell to their knees and replied, "Give us kings n00b!".

What he said.

INT INT INT INT INT INT

INT = INTELLECT

You don't really need that much crit, yeah crit helps, but since 3.2 it's really dropped down in how valuable it can be. Try and get some mp5 going around.

Maybe try and alter your spec so you are getting the full 5% healing on Divinity, every little bit helps.

Stack ap.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascal
    step 1) stack the fuck out of int. seriously. just stack int. int int int int int int int(edit: don't get me wrong. that doesn't mean you should equip blue level 80 of the intellect(what are they called? whatever. the ones with just intellect on them)stuff. the other stats are still valuable but i think you get my point.)
    step 2) read elitist jerks for spec/consumables/gems/everything else. it's just that good.
    step 3) if you still have questions after that, come back here and post them. we'll be glad to help.
    I for one found the elitist jerk guides to holy pallies, bullshit. Try WOW forums, for holy pallies its reliable.

And stack INT, i dont give a fk, INNNTTTTT.

And Mp5 is still quite uesless to us.
    I guess I'm back? Sighhhh....

Quote Originally Posted by reikoku
    I also have 4pc of the T7, so I can always interchange that with my current gear if you find that better.
    I would say it is better than your current gear. Yes your current chest & hat are nicely itemized, but 5% off the cost of HL is stupidly good on any fight where you can possibly OOM. If you're going for HL spam then T7 4set is plausibly BiS until you reach ToC. It depends on your playstyle though.

Given your spec I would switch the enchant on your boots for Tuskarr. As a healing-turret extra runspeed means extra healing time!

Thanks a lot guys!

I also switched my spec recently to 51/20/0 so I can benefit from 5/5 divinity, etc.

I really do appreciate the help..I tried to read the EJ forums for about 10 minutes and my eyes started to bleed. Once again thank you ;D

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Slyyce&group=2

this is my H-pally. dont mind my terrible pvp gear, just click on the other holy spec; its my PvE one. why got 20 points in prot? i dont see the usefulness.

yes, you get +6% healed to any target of your auras so +6% raid healing if im correct, but if you have a pally tank, that takes the use out. ok, bubble+divine sacrifice, sure isnt bad. but -10% mana on instants (sacred shield, Beacon, holy shock, etc.), +3% crit for raid (if you dont have a ret pally), imp BoM, and 5% crit.. this seems like the points are better spent.

just my 2cents. could be wrong though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

1) Just want to remind the OP to keep an eye on his haste as well. Don't gem for it or anything but try to have it around 450-500 at least. It fits the paladin playstyle a lot.

2) To Harrygoboom: Yes, you may at first glance get dragged to retri because as you said it provides a lot of stats. As your gear progress though, the extra crit becomes trivial. 10% less mana on instants is indeed nice but the imp Sacred Shield makes you cast half the shields you would otherwise, BoL you should have glyped anyway, so it's about 130 mana gain every 90 secs (for 5 talent points) so that leaves only holy shock the only spell that actually benefits from it.

To counter it, you get the best damage absorption in the game. A spell that can absorb insane amounts of damage and literally save 25 people on it's own. There is nothing like it in the game. It is in fact a raid-wide bubble. As far as the buffs go, you pass on Imp AP and 3% crit debuff for 6% raid healing and Imp Armor buff, so you still contribute to your raid. Topping that, Imp SS is also really really nice and scales greaty with Spell Power and even better with 4pc T8,5. It's a definite winner.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by harrygoboom
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-t...Slyyce&group=2

this is my H-pally. dont mind my terrible pvp gear, just click on the other holy spec; its my PvE one. why got 20 points in prot? i dont see the usefulness.

yes, you get +6% healed to any target of your auras so +6% raid healing if im correct, but if you have a pally tank, that takes the use out. ok, bubble+divine sacrifice, sure isnt bad. but -10% mana on instants (sacred shield, Beacon, holy shock, etc.), +3% crit for raid (if you dont have a ret pally), imp BoM, and 5% crit.. this seems like the points are better spent.

just my 2cents. could be wrong though.
    Elementals shammans totems overwrite heart of crusader.

I love divine sacrifice, but if you are not raiding hard or 25-man content, you will do better with 20 ret points. Crit was nerfed, but 8% is still a huge ammount, 10% mana reduction is amazing, walking speed is nice.

Tier 7 is amazing. Itemization is perfect, bonus are stupidly good, it's that ugly. But using it you will lose lots of intelect and spellpower. If you can get your hand in high ilvl gear, use it. Mp5 is weak, but it's not useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    Elementals shammans totems overwrite heart of crusader.

I love divine sacrifice, but if you are not raiding hard or 25-man content, you will do better with 20 ret points. Crit was nerfed, but 8% is still a huge ammount, 10% mana reduction is amazing, walking speed is nice.

Tier 7 is amazing. Itemization is perfect, bonus are stupidly good, it's that ugly. But using it you will lose lots of intelect and spellpower. If you can get your hand in high ilvl gear, use it. Mp5 is weak, but it's not useless.

thought there was some buff that overrides it. but like, 10mans. it won't always be there, even 25mans. i know divine sac is good, but how i feel, is you have HoS incase its needed on the tank. if your raid is going to die from a raid-wide aoe, i.e. Koralon, you're just bad, imo, and 30% less wouldnt save a wipe. it doesn't kill you, especially with the new change that he can't stack it right after fire or vice versa (if that made sense i hope), and if you DO die to it, it's b.c you stood in fire. which is bad.

crit is never bad, and nor is 10% mana reduction. also if there's no ret pally, the imp BoM could really increase raid dps (by melee/huntards) by that much more.

-slyyce
    South Park's 'Gay Fish' was actually a lot catchier than a lot of Kanye songs. Yeah.

holy shock? really? i cast like 2 a boss fight, MAYBE.

casting ss half as much saves way more mana. and as far as buffs u bring, 99% top raiding guilds will have the 6% buff, the ret buff and improved bom anyways.

it's all about saving 1 gcd a min, having a better absorbtion in ss (remember, absorbs are always 100% effective heals, and add effective hp to the tank), and being able to hit bubble/divine sac at the proper times in hard modes.

by hard modes, i don't mean that joke of a boss korlon or whatever in voa. guys, voa is meant to be easy, cuz it's a pug 'pvp' boss. if u have to have a prot or a ret spec to do that place, i am sorry.

ulduar, reg 10 and 25 toc, ret spec is fine, prot spec is fine. hard mode toc 25 man, holy/prot edges out slightly.

ok, so it was a bad example. i do understand the top 25man guilds i.e. Not Steamboat, Ensidia, Stars, other names all have these buffs through other classes/specs. but i dont do hardmodes, let alone 25s much (becoming a casual ) all i was saying is that 20 points in ret can help. on a 'normal' scale, i see imp BoM, -10%mana on instants, and crit>divine sanc+6% healing. saying that no other class/spec in the raid brings the buffs. but, i could be wrong. im not looking at min/maxing.

-slyyce

ok, so it was a bad example. i do understand the top 25man guilds i.e. Not Steamboat, Ensidia, Stars, other names all have these buffs through other classes/specs. but i dont do hardmodes, let alone 25s much (becoming a casual Sad ) all i was saying is that 20 points in ret can help. on a 'normal' scale, i see imp BoM, -10%mana on instants, and crit>divine sanc+6% healing. saying that no other class/spec in the raid brings the buffs. but, i could be wrong. im not looking at min/maxing.

-slyyce
    Ele shamans do the crit, that mana doesn't reduce cost of HL, so its more or less useless, comparitavely, as most of your mana is drained through HL spam. warriors can cover with imp shout (-1 ap)

Crit was nerfed last patch, so talenting for it isn't as strong as it used to be. Also the more important thing

I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT DIVINE SAC, PERIOD

Sac is the most amazing ability ever, and when using world of logs or some other parse that shows absorbs as healing, you will be able to see how amazing it is.

Nearly every fight has a use for divine sac as well.

Uld: Ignis flame jets, XT tantrum, council any mode (Liftoff for normal, or the constant pulse, and as a shield wall for tanks on hardmode), Kolo, you can time it for his right arm move, auriaya if a void zone gets inproperly placed. Hodir frozen blows, thorim as a shield wall for tanks, or if healing starts to suck in hardmode, freya add explosion, while FR+Aura mastery the second one. Mimiron, phase 2, vezax animus + 15ish stacks. Yogg, any phase, or if you were sent inside helps there, or phase 3 on a lunatic gaze.

TotC: As a shield wall for tanks, or an unspread burning bile on raid. Jaraxxus, misplaced fire on melee, infernal channeling on a group of people. Champions is one of the fights it might suck a bit as they can dispell your bubble. Valkyr there is a constant aoe spread, or use on a vortex as a way to save the noobs. Anub phase 3.

Hell... onyxia deep breath, save noobs.

Basically, divine sac is omfg amazing.

10+ Year Old Account

Yellow slots should be straight intellect gems.

Red slots should be either the int/SP gem or the SP/stam gem.

Blue slots should be int/mp5 gem or the ??? gem.

I recommend the epic cuts. Go go!

Quote Originally Posted by Healadin2.0
    Yellow slots should be straight intellect gems.

Blue slots should be int/mp5 gem or the ??? gem.

I recommend the epic cuts. Go go!
    And it's important to note that aside from meeting your meta requirement(and you should snag the best socket bonus requiring a blue gem when you do this) it isn't necessary to gem for socket bonuses. And you shouldn't gem for socket bonuses unless the bonus is amazing (hint: very, very, very few of them are).

Quote Originally Posted by Healadin2.0

Why on earth would you gem spell power and stamina? go with either sp/int for red then int/mp5 for the green or take the prismatic +10 stats gem to fulfill the meta requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairu
    Ele shamans do the crit, that mana doesn't reduce cost of HL, so its more or less useless, comparitavely, as most of your mana is drained through HL spam. warriors can cover with imp shout (-1 ap)

Crit was nerfed last patch, so talenting for it isn't as strong as it used to be. Also the more important thing

I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT DIVINE SAC, PERIOD

Sac is the most amazing ability ever, and when using world of logs or some other parse that shows absorbs as healing, you will be able to see how amazing it is.

Nearly every fight has a use for divine sac as well.

Uld: Ignis flame jets, XT tantrum, council any mode (Liftoff for normal, or the constant pulse, and as a shield wall for tanks on hardmode), Kolo, you can time it for his right arm move, auriaya if a void zone gets inproperly placed. Hodir frozen blows, thorim as a shield wall for tanks, or if healing starts to suck in hardmode, freya add explosion, while FR+Aura mastery the second one. Mimiron, phase 2, vezax animus + 15ish stacks. Yogg, any phase, or if you were sent inside helps there, or phase 3 on a lunatic gaze.

TotC: As a shield wall for tanks, or an unspread burning bile on raid. Jaraxxus, misplaced fire on melee, infernal channeling on a group of people. Champions is one of the fights it might suck a bit as they can dispell your bubble. Valkyr there is a constant aoe spread, or use on a vortex as a way to save the noobs. Anub phase 3.

Hell... onyxia deep breath, save noobs.

Basically, divine sac is omfg amazing.
    my point, is i dont see how it can save a wipe. i.e. my old koralon example; -30% dmg on it wont keep you from wiping (or shouldnt). same with any other examples you made, the damageisnt much. ok, for some harder-hitting fights in TotC, or bile on the jormunggers (spelling?), yes. but still. if 1 tank needs it, you have HoS. having it on 2 tanks, wont save a wipe either (imo) since any fight where 2 tanks are significantly being used, dont hit that hard (beasts, twins,etc..) from what i recall. im still talking about normals. i havent done heroic 10 or 25 ToC, so i cant say anything there.

-slyyce

my point, is i dont see how it can save a wipe. i.e. my old koralon example; -30% dmg on it wont keep you from wiping (or shouldnt). same with any other examples you made, the damageisnt much. ok, for some harder-hitting fights in TotC, or bile on the jormunggers (spelling?), yes. but still. if 1 tank needs it, you have HoS. having it on 2 tanks, wont save a wipe either (imo) since any fight where 2 tanks are significantly being used, dont hit that hard (beasts, twins,etc..) from what i recall. im still talking about normals. i havent done heroic 10 or 25 ToC, so i cant say anything there.

-slyyce

Any ToC hard mode can hit for 30k/second in two diferent tanks. I really don't know what you are talking about, 40%, a raid-wide shield wall is the most powerful defensive cooldown in the game. If this can't save your raid from a wipe, your raid is bad, not the skill. This skill normaly isn't used like a "o shit" bottom, but when you know there will be lots of dmg around, like fires, frozen blows, flying orbs, anurak 20% dmg per second.