Arcane Trinkets, Which 2 are best?

I previously had the Dragon soul one from OS with the Eye of the Broodmother equipped. Earlier today I won the Talisman of Volatile Power. It has much higher crit then Broodmother, but obviously I would lose some of the stacking SP for just 10 seconds of haste every 2 minutes. Which 2 should I use?

Here is my Armory Link : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ris&n=Irismoon

Which are the best 2 Arcane Trinkets in general, that I should try for? I know theres a program called rawr that can tell me this, but I found it to be too complicated and annoying to use. So any ideas?

Re: Arcane Trinkets, Which 2 are best?

imo 2x reign of dead, both normal and hc version =)

Deleted

Talisman of Volatile Power is really bad, don't use it.

Eye of the broodmother:307.44
    Abyssal Rune:379.98
    Sundial:292.99
    Talisman of Volatile Power:281.26

Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by irismoon
    I previously had the Dragon soul one from OS with the Eye of the Broodmother equipped. Earlier today I won the Talisman of Volatile Power. It has much higher crit then Broodmother, but obviously I would lose some of the stacking SP for just 10 seconds of haste every 2 minutes. Which 2 should I use?

Here is my Armory Link : http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...ris&n=Irismoon

Which are the best 2 Arcane Trinkets in general, that I should try for? I know theres a program called rawr that can tell me this, but I found it to be too complicated and annoying to use. So any ideas?
    You found rawr to be complicated? How do you use your computer then? It's about the same difficulty.

Talisman of Volatile Power looks more like a fire trinket, tbh. Reign of the Dead is also more of a Fire Trinket.
    Quote Originally Posted by derastraz
    Eye of the broodmother:307.44
    Abyssal Rune:379.98
    Sundial:292.99
    Talisman of Volatile Power:281.26

Hope this helps.
    If you could stack abyssal runes :3

I'm currently using Living flame (as I need the hit) and IotDS

Can anyone tell me whether its worth replacing IotDS with abyssal rune?

Talisman of Volatile Power is trash for all specs.

Seriously? have you never heard of EJ forums?
    Best two caster trinkets for any spec and pretty much any caster dps are Reign of the Dead and Reign of the Unliving. YES EVEN FOR ARCANE
    Replace Living Flame with Abyssal Rune there is no way in heaven you could need the hit. all you need 7 (8 if horde) percent hit as arcane you get 3 from focus 3 from elemental precision 3 from spriest/boomkin and 1 percent from DR racial .
    so 7+3+3+3+1= 17 percent and thats the cap
    if your horde you need 8 percent. But honestly you can hit cap for arcane in quest greens ffs.
    Talisman of Volatile Power is Terribad for any mage

Quote Originally Posted by enoesiw
    Talisman of Volatile Power looks more like a fire trinket, tbh. Reign of the Dead is also more of a Fire Trinket.
    Reign of the Dead heroic version is the BiS for ALL mages mind you.Don't just dismiss a trinket as <whatever spec> just because it does that school of magic.

the two trinkets from onyxia should also be pretty decent.... 250sp + chance to do extra dmg on spellhit and the extra mana per5

Micke

actually no

I like abyssal rune and pandora's plea or reign of the dead.

Reign of the dead. Seriously, nothing else compares.

One thing nobody's pointed out yet that doesnt require hardmodes... Spark of hope.

100 spirit provides decent crit (through molten armor with 2 piece and glyph) and the other equip bonus reduces the mana cost of arcane blast by 18-20% depending on talents. Yes, even with 4 stacks, as it subtracts from the base cost of the spell.

The mana reduction may actually be worth it in the long run, as its rather significant and obviously lets you spam arb for longer periods. Havnt done math on it, not saying it's good, just putting it out there.