Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[Shadow Priest] Reign of the Dead (ilvl245)?

Would anyone happen to know the numbers for this and if it's beneficial enough for a shadow priest?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47316#comments

I have Illustration of the Dragon Soul and Sundial of the Exiled at the moment.

For Shadow Priests:
    DOES proc off:
    Mind Blast
    Mind Flay
    Improved Devouring Plague
    Mind Sear

DOES NOT proc off:
    Vampiric Touch
    Shadow Word: Pain
    Devouring Plague

TL;DR: Currently does not proc off dot crits

Re: [Shadow Priest] Reign of the Dead (ilvl245)?

Quote Originally Posted by LolomgBBtheQ
    Would anyone happen to know the numbers for this and if it's beneficial enough for a shadow priest?
    http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47316#comments

I have Illustration of the Dragon Soul and Sundial of the Exiled at the moment.
    I don't understand your quote... the trinket itself SAYS it doesn't proc off dot crits, so why would they test it for proc'ing off of dot crits? To check if it's bugged? idk they could've changed the wording of their TL;DR

Dot crits or not, you can only gain 1 charge every 2 seconds so the closer you can get to critting every two seconds the better it's dps will be. Regardless of all that, it's still a ridiculously great trinket for any caster. IMO it's a mage-first trinket, though :P

I just rolled against an ele shaman, moonkin, and 2 mages (arc and fire). Though I'm still wondering if it would be an upgrade since shadow priests perfer sp over other stats. The proc is what I'm wondering mainly because i don't know if Eye of the Broodmother would be better (even though I don't have it currently). I'm more then willing to give it to one of the other people who rolled if it benefits them more.

It's a clear upgrade over Sundial of the Exiled, but atm. Fire Mages benefits more greatly from it than any other class.

Quote Originally Posted by Nezoia
    It's a clear upgrade over Sundial of the Exiled, but atm. Fire Mages benefits more greatly from it than any other class.
    Elemental Shamans would disagree with you. Yes, Mages gain a slight benefit over shamans due to the fact the damage is fire, but it's not a great increase from shamans, quite literally a slight one, if one at all.

Fire Mages benefits more greatly from it than any other class.
    lawl 'more greatly'? does that include destruction warlocks? not by much. even when comparing classes that dont have tallents that buff the dmg on the proc.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka
    lawl 'more greatly'? does that include destruction warlocks? not by much. even when comparing classes that dont have tallents that buff the dmg on the proc.
    Number of crits on 14 Mimi hard tries:
    Destro lock 900
    Fire mage 1487
    Fire mage 1693
    Ele shammy 1539
    Me 2061 (incl dots)

->Fire mage benefits most, destro lock least

Quote Originally Posted by spf
    Destro lock 900
    Fire mage 1487
    Fire mage 1693
    Ele shammy 1539
    Me 2061 (incl dots)

Well fail to you from the start im sorry.
    Because your dot crits don't account to the proc of the trinket.
    And i bet your a fire mage so your most likely spamming Living Bomb on phase 3 adds which is most likely the reason you have so many crits.
    The warlock could be the tank head, i don't know.
    And by checking my guilds logs of our recent mimiron fights it is clear that every mage use living bomb on that fight which is why you have so many crits. The elemental shaman had 194 for that fight, i had 162 as a destro warlock. the fire mage had 135 and he even lived longer then me - this is also without dots.

Give us a fight where it's one boss, no adds, and no enviremental buffs such as phase 1 of mimiron or patchwerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou
    Elemental Shamans would disagree with you. Yes, Mages gain a slight benefit over shamans due to the fact the damage is fire, but it's not a great increase from shamans, quite literally a slight one, if one at all.
    The point is that a fire mage and a shadowpriest, with the same trinkets, the mage would benefit more of this upgrade.

Why bother to discuss it, when you also say you agree?

The point is that a fire mage and a shadowpriest, with the same trinkets, the mage would benefit more of this upgrade.

Why bother to discuss it, when you also say you agree?
    Very true but that shouldn't mean if you play a spriest you should stop aiming for the best personal gear. At the end of the day if you participate in your raid you're just as entitled to loots. I don't think the difference in useability between the 2 classes results in clearing content or not, if it really is that tight im sure you raid could make other changes that would have more impact.

If you're skeptical about it's benefit to spriests, keep in mind that MB and MF cause damage that is inside 2 seconds, that means we can crit inside the internal CD if you will... not to mention that spriets have one of the lowest crit rates of the dps casters. A mage on the other hand is going to be casting a majority of their spells outside the 2sec internal CD and will therefore maximise their crits procing charges. They also have the highest crit rate of all casters, with enough gear they can actually reach the crit cap.

Quote Originally Posted by spf
    Destro lock 900
    Fire mage 1487
    Fire mage 1693
    Ele shammy 1539
    Me 2061 (incl dots)

That's not taking into account the # of crits that occur within the 2 second rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob002
    That's not taking into account the # of crits that occur within the 2 second rule.
    Or the DoT crits from the Fire Mage and Ele Shaman. Honestly the trinket isn't good enough to reduce this to a raid DPS decision. If it's an upgrade for someone, then roll on it. It's not like giving it to a Mage over a Priest is going to result in a noticeable change in raid DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Worshaka
    Very true but that shouldn't mean if you play a spriest you should stop aiming for the best personal gear. At the end of the day if you participate in your raid you're just as entitled to loots. I don't think the difference in useability between the 2 classes results in clearing content or not, if it really is that tight im sure you raid could make other changes that would have more impact.
    So giving Illustration of the Dragonsoul to say, a druid healer, who'll use it for 1-2 encounters in the game, is better than a Shadowpriest who'll use it for every single fight for the next 3 tiers of dungeons?

So giving Illustration of the Dragonsoul to say, a druid healer, who'll use it for 1-2 encounters in the game, is better than a Shadowpriest who'll use it for every single fight for the next 3 tiers of dungeons?
    I lost a forethought talisman to a druid healer as a priest.

Sometimes people don't care about the active effects, they care more about the static effect.

Yes, but Worshaka argument is "if you're there, you're entitled to whatever that drops".

Truely http://www.darklegacycomics.com/152.html

When I did some target dummy tries, I found the proc doing between 90-120 dps which definitively makes this trinket BiS (except for the iLvL 258 version).

Also, that shadowpriests should not be entitled to some gear because other classes benefit more is just just ridiculous considering that you could use that arguement for every piece of gear.
    Never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Gippal
    Also, that shadowpriests should not be entitled to some gear because other classes benefit more is just just ridiculous considering that you could use that arguement for every piece of gear.
    That was never the question. People just got mad about me saying it's better for mages atm. due to increased fire-damage scaling. It'll most likely be nerfed.

Had it been about Scale of Fates, nobody would have complained.

That was never the question. People just got mad about me saying it's better for mages atm. due to increased fire-damage scaling. It'll most likely be nerfed.

Had it been about Scale of Fates, nobody would have complained.
    I wasn't disagreeing with you, i was just pointing out extra info... and I did explain why its better for mages.

I actually had a thought that MF is technically periodic damage, does MF crits proc charges?

Yes Reign145/Reigh158 are BiS It doesn't matter how much better it might seem to other classes.

I have around 20% crit unbuffed and over the course of a ToC clear, it did 200k dmg.

There is a Elemental shaman with the same trinket and and much higher crit 30%+and theirs did 260K over the course of the same raid.

We have similar activity % so it was a fair comparsion, while they do benefit more it is still a huge benefits to spriests.

It does proc off MFs and I'm pretty sure off the initial dmg on imp DP. If it procced off Dots it would be clearly OP because it would stay on the internal CD, constantly proccing. With all three dots up and pumping MBs and MFs raid buffed you would get a crit every second at least and make it too good for spriests ( and some other classes).

I still want it ;D