10+ Year Old Account
    right behind you but dont turn around cause that will only piss me off!

Arcane and haste

Hey there i just wanna get some peoples opinions i know haste is really good for arcane but there is a mage on my server that is putting 20 haste gems in almost everysingle socket not one gem has sp on it. point for point isnt sp more valuable or am i wrong? http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...gan&n=Ceforium theres his armory
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

Re: Arcane and haste

2400 sp isn't anything to sniff about, he can easily afford to get all that haste. i bet his dps is nails.

with his current gear, and with his spell power being about 2500, it's what a good mage needs. he should be pulling out GREAT dps with his haste at almost 1000, i would think anyway. it's something the player chooses to gem in, i bet he flies through his rotation, not so sure about his mana efficiency though.

This mage is stupid imo. 2500 sp is so low for an arcane mage. I have more sp than that as fire and my arcane spec has 2832sp and i still have 550haste. There is a point when haste becomes less valuable and that is around 700ish and yes SP is definetly still better than haste as arcane. Maybe one day this alliance gnome will learn but until then his dps can suffer.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by deadmetal
    This mage is stupid imo. 2500 sp is so low for an arcane mage. I have more sp than that as fire and my arcane spec has 2832sp and i still have 550haste. There is a point when haste becomes less valuable and that is around 700ish and yes SP is definetly still better than haste as arcane. Maybe one day this alliance gnome will learn but until then his dps can suffer.
    exactely what i was thinking
    Ice cream sales increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is established fact). The number of drownings increase in the summer over the rest of the year (this is also established fact). By your logic ... ice cream causes people to drown.

Quote Originally Posted by deadmetal
    i would have to agree, i don't have the best gear, but my current arcane spec has 2640 sp and 700 haste and with some testing (based on trinket procs ie embrace of the spider haste proc vs abyssal runes spellpower proc) i would say spellpower is far more beneficial after roughly 700 haste or so.

His SP isn't 2500, its 2700, take a closer look at the Illustration of the Dragon Soul he's wearing.

900 Haste? Way too much. He can get himself up to 2850 - 2900 SP if he gems properly. Besides, 900 Haste, plus arcane Talents, he is at 33% haste. With 350 Spirit, his mana will be going down like there is no tomorrow.

There are ways of doing it right, and then there are the extremes. Someone should tell him that.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

the idea is when your AB hits 1s with heroism is when you are "soft" haste capped - when they hit 1s with IV and Hero is when your focus needs to be towards SP and not haste

at no point ever do you want to be waiting on a GCD to cast, especially if its during hero

Armory any other decent mage and see what they are gemming. Now he either is a frecking genius for being the only person doing this or a retard and everyone else is right. I'll vote for the second option myself.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...reymane&n=Nubi

Deleted

i would say that not having any points @ ttw is way more retarted than his haste stack :P

Quote Originally Posted by Shaquille
    i would say that not having any points @ ttw is way more retarted than his haste stack :P
    Well spotted, guess the guy doesnt know what he's doing.

Oh boy I haven't noticed that... Saw Soulscribe on his hand and thought he probably has the cookie cutter at least.

If this doesn't screams "being carried", I guess nothing does.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

10+ Year Old Account

LMAO i did not even notice this i just saw the distributation of points and assumed a mage in a raiding guild would be a cookie cutter. How can you not have ttw in ttw/fire spec lol

Quote Originally Posted by Foster
    LMAO i did not even notice this i just saw the distributation of points and assumed a mage in a raiding guild would be a cookie cutter. How can you not have ttw in ttw/fire spec lol
    I've got a mage with that spec : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...SS1150P,,10505
    And a mage with that spec : http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?mage...MKwHTUm,,10505
    in my raid, so much about cookie cutters in raiding guilds :/.

PS.: Wouldn't it be pretty hard with delay / reaction time to even benefit of that much haste. (I've already got troubles with Missile Barrage + Heroism + Icy Veins and a small amount of haste).

Gemming for pure haste is a dps loss overall. Although gemming haste, contrary to this forums belief, is good... just depends where you gem it. With current gear availible (mostly BiS) haste for arcane is beginning to scale better than spell power and may end up being preffered in the next tier of gear. But as it stands right now, you should be socketing 23 sp in red, 12sp/10 haste in yellow (yes its more dps than a pure red..especially if it activates a bonus), and keep your meta active. In reality blue should be socketed sp/spirit 90% of the time... use Rawr to determine if it is efficient for you.

But as stated stacking pure haste isnt the way to go yet, but we may see it come around for the arcane mage (FYI: I have 884 haste myself, mostly from gear though)

No, gemming for haste will not be the way to go in the future. With the next tier of gear mages will most likely be in danger of clipping the GCD during Hero/BL and Icy Veins.

Well this guy probably aint that smart...
    Another thing he has forgotten is that switching 2p T9,5 and 2p T8,5 to 3p T9,5 1p T8,5, actually is a dps loss due to loosing the 2p T8 setbonus without gaining the 4p T9 setbonus, even if you still keep the crappy T8,5 helmet instead of equipping the nice T9,5 helmet.
    Getting the correct spec and socketing properly is so hard to some people...

Ironic as according to scaling haste is on a trend to pass spellpower in the next tier, lets see if i do my math right here (been a while):

ok in order to have AB clip the GCD we need to be casting at a 149.18% increased speed.

New Casting Time = (Base Casting Time)/(1 + (% Spell Haste / 100))

(Sidenote: that is 4918.5 haste rating)

Ok, knowing that haste stacks multiplicitivily we can show the standard buffs as such:
    Bloodlust 1.3, IV 1.2, ToW 1.05, Imp MA 1.03
    1.3*1.2*1.05*1.03 = 1.68714
    Therefore all the outside buffs together stack to give us roughly 68.714% haste

We need to achieve 149.18% to cap AB so:

2.4918 = x*1.68714
    x = (2.4918/1.68714)

x= 1.4769 or 47.69% haste
    47.69% -6% = 41.69%
    which is 1367 haste rating

I currently sit at 864 haste rating, with a new tier it is possible that 1367 is attainable without gemming, but to say that it isnt possible it being plain ignorant. One will most likely see sp/haste gemming instead of pure haste tbh though.