SV/diszi vs Arms/protholylol

so, after playing around for 2 weeks with my hunter and discipline friend we have reached around 1520 rating ( could be 1550 for the achievement, but i will explain later). now, what i feel is holding us up are the following teams :

arms/protlol

they just faceroll us, and with around 30k buffed nothing ever dies (we got them close to 4k once or twice but never a kill, and that is only on the warrior. i use everything to keep the warr off of my healer or CC the paladin, but it never seems to matter, simply because they wont die.

all of these teams beat us in the nagrand arena, where i usually dont have LoS of the paladin.

Rogue/feraldood

now, this combo is nasty simply because when they open on my healer i get a blind and then he is already at 50%, i lay traps and CC, but with both trinketing instantly i cant do jazz but throw on rapid fire and hope someone dies before my healer does...

what to do?

Re: SV/diszi vs Arms/protholylol

Protly => Scatter, trap, sting proly, kill warrior. Dispel sacred shield / kings.

Feral/Rogue => Trinket faster, pray for kill.

Do you need to be BM to get a crab or spider? Never leveled a hunter above 45.

go play 3v3s
    Quote Originally Posted by MildCorma
    I found myself in a magical setup the other week and my damage dropped through the floor like a 90 year olds tits

it comes down to this. know your class better. stop clicking. hx9 has it right:

Protholy= use all your cc in that order, Scatter, trap, wyvern. dispel, kill warrior.

Feral/rogue tough combo simply because they kill quick. as a survival hunter though, now you have 4 types of cc. trap feral, wyvern rogue (so he cant vanish without blowing cos, both are going to trinket. scatter rogue, fear feral. when scatter wears off apply scorpid(you dont have to but its what I do) kill rogue.

I apologize if I sound rude.

Edit: you could also use cc the same way against the rogue as you would the protholy. scatter, trap, wyvern. and fear the feral. bottomline is one of those two will have to be controlled. I find a rogue to be deadlier so I would cc him as much as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by cadence78
    it comes down to this. know your class better. stop clicking. hx9 has it right:

Protholy= use all your cc in that order, Scatter, trap, wyvern. dispel, kill warrior.

Feral/rogue tough combo simply because they kill quick. as a survival hunter though, now you have 4 types of cc. trap feral, wyvern rogue (so he cant vanish without blowing cos, both are going to trinket. scatter rogue, fear feral. when scatter wears off apply scorpid(you dont have to but its what I do) kill rogue.

I apologize if I sound rude.
    im not a clicker

oh and thanks for the fear, i will have to place it somewhere else so i can see it -.-

but scatter the rogue? isnt the vywern sting dot gonna kill the scatter?

about the proly/warri teams, i tried, its just that i nerdrage so hard when th warri just steamrushes me with everything to get the hell out on CD leaving me to lolmelee him....

btw, what trap should i use? frost or ice?

a scatter after the wyvern would be there to buy your priest time to get that heal off or to get away. you bring a good point I haven't tested that but from what I know scatter is broken by physical. anyone know or not? either way if you hit scatter first not many will trinket it simply because its only a 4 sec cc.

as far as which trap. that is all situational. if they are chasing your healer down then frost if you can get between them and your healer. or you can shoot freezing arrow to make the situation less hazzardous for the healer. if both are standing on your healer then use freezing.

remember that when facing the teams that are difficult for you to defeat. to keep a calm head. you aren't going to get the advantage if you freak out because you're being chased or your partner is getting wrecked. control what you can and what you can't control, kill. communcation is key, between you and your partner. you can time your cc to be more effective. but im sure you do that already.

Btw I have had problems with warriors aswell, especially arms. remember they work based on two things. the amount of damage they take and the amount of damage they do. dont attack them untill you have thier partner under control and do your best to stay away.

I forgot to add. and there is no way of knowing which type of team you will get but I find it easier to go against physical teams as marks. simply because melee does little damage when disarmed and you can silence the healer buying just enough time to get your attacker low or dead.

I judge what spec I do arena based on the type of teams I come accrossed in the first three matches. I always start as survival though just for the cc options.

thanks for the help!

about the options of MM vs SV, i find SV a lot easier since i dont have to keep serpent sting and hunters mark up on my "bursting now" target, so that the healer thinks i am going for them or opposite. also i have used wyvern and scatter quite often to interrupt the healer, it stops them casting, so GG.

another nooby question : what do i do against warlock teams?

kill the pet and lolburst the lock? helped a few times, but im not too sure...

can't you "scare beast" the druid? then tarp him if he trinkets and then unload on the rogue. yea.
    This user has been banned.

Don't follow the advice against ferals in rogue/feral comps. Just... Don't..

Ferals pop berserk asap for a rogue/feral comp to go for a kill. Immune to fears. You'll be wasting time to try to do that. Always remember that ferals can't interrupt much, besides maim, so just CC rogue hard and pray to god wound poison doesn't hurt too badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Skultharion
    Don't follow the advice against ferals in rogue/feral comps. Just... Don't..

Ferals pop berserk asap for a rogue/feral comp to go for a kill. Immune to fears. You'll be wasting time to try to do that. Always remember that ferals can't interrupt much, besides maim, so just CC rogue hard and pray to god wound poison doesn't hurt too badly.
    hm, nice to know :/
    This user has been banned.