Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Reporting AFKers feature getting abused

Problem solved

Deleted

I completly understand you, i also got these moments with toilet, or if one of my parents need help to do something. In the end, it's just a game, and it's pretty lame, that after 20 seconds, you will get reported. Normally there can't happend THAT much in 20 secounds, and beside, there is more than one player in a bg, so in some case, it's not even you fault you will lose the bg, AT THE MOMENT YOU WENT AFK.

The people who report, is normally them who had a really really bad day, or just wan't to piss somebody off. Ot's annoying, yes, but (sad) that's just how the game is.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Woony
    My opinion, the feature is against afkers and not against people with a dick or a family.
    You know afkers can have a dick and a famlity too xD

The last time, i checked it was one minute limit. And, like i mentioned before, if your are, for example, at Stonehearth GY in rushgame AV, its often impossible to get into combat before you get kicked, because you have to walk all the way into a base if you don't meet enemys on the way.
    How long you have to get in combat is not even relevant to what you are whining about. Again, it doesn't matter how it happens. If you have to piss, shit, get food, answer the door, help your granny because she fell down and broke a hip, if you go afk, you should be reported. If you go afk for 2 minutes, and the timer is 1 minute, then you don't deserve honor or marks. You went afk, get over it.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account

it requires x amount of people to report you (x time), then 1 minute for you to be inactive, then another 1 minute for you to be kicked.

a total of at least 2 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by cherb
    How long you have to get in combat is not even relevant to what you are whining about. Again, it doesn't matter how it happens. If you have to piss, shit, get food, answer the door, help your granny because she fell down and broke a hip, if you go afk, you should be reported. If you go afk for 2 minutes, and the timer is 1 minute, then you don't deserve honor or marks. You went afk, get over it.
    Like i said before, im mostly complaining about the time you have to get in combat. And i think, we should focus the topic on the fact, that its abusable by reporting people 3 seconds before a game ends etc.

Well i find its always fun that if you're in say... a WSG with a few friends, and theres some asshole whos nerdraging or just being annoying, its a nice feature in the fact u can all report him AFK just before the end. No marks or honor for u bro!

He has a point, I got reported afk alot while defending a node at AB -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Unspecified
    Well i find its always fun that if you're in say... a WSG with a few friends, and theres some asshole whos nerdraging or just being annoying, its a nice feature in the fact u can all report him AFK just before the end. No marks or honor for u bro!
    And thats exactly why it needs to be changed.

If you wanted to focus the topic on that, then you would have done so in the first post. If you go afk for 30 seconds even, and don't have enough time to get in combat, then you were still AFK when you got reported and don't deserve the honor. Yes, the system can be abused, and that needs to be fixed. Go post it on the suggestion forums. However, the time to get in combat is just fine 99% of the time if you were actively playing instead of taking a piss halfway through the game.

Have you thought about going to the toilet before joining a battleground?

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    I personally use a macro that reports everyone AFK.
    Care to share? I would LOVE one of those.

You can't tell me you never have these moments where you have to go a minute or two afk, because you have to go the toilet, you spilled some drinks, someone is ringing on the door or whatever. And then you come back and you got reported and you can't get into combat in the limit and you get kicked.
    Then log out temporarily. You will log back in without a debuff either in or out of the BG. Going AFK then complaining that you got deserter is just stupid.

It is very easy to plan ahead, and if something really does come up then it takes 2 seconds to hit escape log out.

The only valid complaint is defending. If you are defending a tower and get marked AFK, you may not be able to get in combat in one minute. You also shouldn't have to leave towers undefended to hunt someone to tag when you really are trying to protect a tower.

"Next time, schedule your asshole to take a shit at 7:20, so you are ready to go for a raid at 7:30." is the kind of solution you guys are offering?

You people have no souls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by Caradinist
    "Next time, schedule your asshole to take a shit at 7:20, so you are ready to go for a raid at 7:30." is the kind of solution you guys are offering?

You people have no souls.
    uhhhhh, last I checked there wasn't a report player AFK for RAIDS button. Raids != BGs. Not even close.

If you need to take the time to piss, there is plenty of time in between battle grounds to do it. If you can't hold it for the duration of a battle ground, you need to go get your prostate checked. If you've got prostate problems and can't hold it, then you can log out and not risk being reported AFK. Problem solved.

There is NO REASON to be going afk mid BG. Or at least, what reasons there are can be solved with the ESC -> Logout solution.

Now stop making excuses for being a drain on your faction.

To answer one question brought up, YES, you do get removed from the BG.

I was in an EOTS yesterday. I was killed, I released, and since I had a 30sec rez, I got up to grab a drink. Spilled something and it took me longer than I expected. I left GY, ran across the bridge to BE tower, ran around it and targeted a guy. Was about to death grip him, but I got loading screen and ended up in Dalaran.

Kinda annoyed me as I am usually on the other side of the coin, reporting people and in a few cases, opening tickets on people who I see AFK, in spawn, game after game even with debuff.

I personally use a macro that reports everyone AFK. If you're fighting, you're completely safe. However, if you're defending the cave, or sat in Balinda's cybering with yourself, then you deserve it. I'm not going into BG's and "Working my ass off" just so some afk'er can get free honor so they can get their belt/boot/bracers for Arena. No offense, but i didn't earn Battlemaster just so i could boost some scrub to free epics. I've no problem losing, but if you're AFK in the same BG as me, then i have a problem with you for helping the enemy team. However, if there's an enemy afk on the other team, then i hate you also for going against your own team. While it may be a game, i do strongly believe that acting honorable towards your own team is important. Regardless of how good or bad you are at PvP, you shouldn't just sit afk doing nothing.

I guess this saying would work well usually;
    "The enemy of my enemy is a friend"

However, since AFK'ers on the other team are the enemy of my enemy (the other team itself), that doesn't make them my friend, simply because they're doing a dis-service to their own team. I do really welcome competition in the field, but only from people who are genuinly interested in winning, and not because they decided to AFK in a spot they thought was "Safe".
    Wow man, you're a dick.

So when I sit in IBT to defend it in AV, I deserve to get marked AFK if it doesn't get attacked that round? I'm sorry that I don't have your psychic abilities to know which towers horde intend to defend that round. Some of us actually like honor, and so we defend towers/nodes in case they are attacked.

I guess I should go "help" by sitting at SHGY and occasionally attacking a hordie.

In other words. You suck, and you fail to take into account that people might not be under attack every moment that they are defending. You are counter productive to actually trying to WIN BGs. Your actions support being retards running around in the middle of EotS.

I hope you brag about your dickery in BG chat, and get your account banned for harassment.

10+ Year Old Account

/run for i=1,GetNumRaidMembers()-1 do local unit = "raid"..i local name,realm = UnitName(unit) if(realm) then ReportPlayerIsPVPAFK(name.."-"..realm) else ReportPlayerIsPVPAFK(name) end end

Works fine for me
    That macro is awesome, ty.

if ppl and look and see that you have 0 kills and dmg or healing that is when you are reported, if i need to bio during a bg i do it everytime and never get flagged afk. Now if you need to crap you knew that before you went to the bg and if you get reported afk then ts your own fault, you can take a few and handle you business or you can take a mandatory 15min break and bitch about it.
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Where do all the retards in this thread come from? The afk reporting tool is to report people who bot or stay in the cave or don't participate. Its not there to report someone who had to go and answer the door.

You can usually tell who the real afks are if you engage your brain and don't act like a vindictive little shite. But 99% of posters on MMO-champion count as vindictive shites in my experience.
    PvP is for those of lower intellect. Only someone with a low IQ would look at class imbalances, gear issues, racials, RNG, level advantages and number advantages and then claim that it was their skill was the main deciding factor in a battle. That's if they win. If they lose, the above will all of a sudden become relevant to them.