sarth 3D zerg - no healer?

i was wondering: if you had the following setup:

1 blood DK tank
    2 retri paladins
    1 feral druid with imp.LotP
    2 shadowpriests
    1 enh shaman who uses healing stream totem
    3 other DPS

would it be possible for this setup to zerg sartharion 3D without a healer? the divine storms, the judgement of light, the death strikes, crits with LotP, the vampiric embrace from the shadowpriests, would they be enough to zerg sartharion 3D so you don't need a healer?

Re: sarth 3D zerg - no healer?

interesting idea but would take a while to find that setup ;p
    i think it would work :P

If you cant get 8 dps that manage to pull required dps... dont try it.

no

try it see how fast you wipe

the damage while isn't too hard to heal can't be done alone

a blood dk will only death strike 2 times every 20 secs

and you want to do this when he breaths for 30k....

just bring a healer

and also even if you swapped say a shadowpriest for a healer you would still prolly fail

for a zerg it is best Especially a 10 man zerg to do all physical dps or all caster

otherwise you don't have enough buff

bring melee to buff other melee and you win

or casters to buff casters

You forgot a warrior.. Commanding shout.

More health = more death strike healing.

I doubt it tbh.

I don't know if you've ever looked at the actual healing done by those sorts of effects, but the majority (not including Death Strike which only affects the DK anyway) don't heal for that much compared to a true healer.

Divine Storm and JoL do a reasonable amount, but again, compared to a healer it's nothing.

It *could* work that you get all the stars aligned and everything goes fine, but all it takes is 1 DPS to get caught in the Lava wall and there is no-one to heal them. Then they die. Then it's a wipe.

Try it tho, would be good to see if it did work

I am Priest - Play Free Online Games

Only with a 245/258 geared Blood DK tank Death Striking for 10k heals and cooldown rotations such as ret paladins with Divine Sacrfice and stuff.

Interestin but its rather simple to do without it and as such why attempt taht unless just out of curiosity..

We did it a couple of days ago again to get some more mounts and it was 1min 32 sec with a healer so i guess its fast enough as it is.

Far too much damage to heal through, Death Strike heals won't save you. Not even close. You need at least 1 healer.

Deleted

Sounds unbelievable but so did the Zerg...

No way you can do it whitout a healer, the tank will be hitted to hard

+ he gets a 100%+fire dmg(breaths) and 25%less hp

one tank, one healer and 8dpsers whit 4,5k+ can easy do it.

83priest, 81mage, 81death knight, 70paladin, 68 shaman, 55warrior, 43rouge, 39warlock

the biggest part is still the lack of synergy between your dps and the buffs the bring if you can find the dps that can do it good luck honestly you won't make it past the trash all alive

Quote Originally Posted by killarth
    and also even if you swapped say a shadowpriest for a healer you would still prolly fail

for a zerg it is best Especially a 10 man zerg to do all physical dps or all caster

otherwise you don't have enough buff

bring melee to buff other melee and you win

or casters to buff casters
    Sorry, but this isn't true. You need 8 dps doing ~4500 to zerg him down. Depending on your gear, you may not even need to be fully raid buffed to achieve that. I've zerged him down before with a mixed caster/melee group and it went fine. Going with a full melee or full caster group is only necessary when you're in Naxx25 gear.

did it without a healer this week, had a ele shaman casting one or two heals + lay on hand+ luck with rng

I imagine Lay on Hands would be the huge part of making it work.

The main problem with this "self-healing" system is that it's unfocused. JoL or HST can do a lot of healing, but all damage points aren't the same. Specifically, you need something like back-to-back Death Strikes or a Lay on Hands (or an actual healer) after a breath. And diverting Ret Paladins and Elemental Shamans to heal once in a while instead of DPSing winds up giving back some of the advantage of bringing an extra DPSer.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall
    i was wondering: if you had the following setup:

1 blood DK tank
    2 retri paladins
    1 feral druid with imp.LotP
    2 shadowpriests
    1 enh shaman who uses healing stream totem
    3 other DPS

would it be possible for this setup to zerg sartharion 3D without a healer? the divine storms, the judgement of light, the death strikes, crits with LotP, the vampiric embrace from the shadowpriests, would they be enough to zerg sartharion 3D so you don't need a healer?
    you don't play an spriest obviously. they do less self healing via damage than any other 'self healing via damage" class

VE was nerfed hard a long time ago

an spriest does about 25% as much healing as the other self healing classes

I would imagine it would work with all buffs, 2 paladins (1 tank 1 retri) just casting Lay on Hands when HP is starting to get low, and 1 using Fire res aura.. Not sure though, worth a shot I would say...