Anub'arak (10) Grand Crusader Tips

Alright, so my Guild is a 10man Progression Guild and we've made it to Anub'arak with 35 attempts left or so.

We gave him a few goes seeing as this is the first time we have come up against him in hardmode.

What we did was 3 heal it (I know we are not supposed to but we wanted to see how we would do) and we got him to around 73% 3 healing.
    I was told that 67% is great if we use Heroism before the 2nd burrow.

What I am a bit confused on is the kill order and priorities of the Burrowing adds.

Group composition:
    Tanks:
    Feral Druid (Was on boss)
    Protection Paladin (Adds)

Healers:
    Resto Druid
    Resto Shaman
    Disc Priest (Going Shadow)

DPS:
    Elemental Shaman
    Destruction Warlock
    Marksmanship Hunter
    Enhance Shaman
    Combat Rogue

What we did was kill the first two burrower's ASAP and then get back to Anub.
    The second ones some of us were hitting the burrowers, others were still smacking the boss until he went under.

Haven't made it to 2nd phase just yet, so curious of the kill order there and if we let them burrow phase 3.

Also, if we do it in one burn, are we free to drop all 6 Ice Orbs?

Thanks.

Any other tips are appreciated.

Re: Anub'arak (10) Grand Crusader Help

And yes the next attempts we will be 2 healing.

We killed him with 2 healers - that allows us to use up all orbs on 1st and only burrow so there is basically no issue about them. Tho the swarm phase is pretty hardcore with 2 healers. Id advise pally healer on OT with Beacon on MT while having HL glyph and rest of the raid stacking on OT for glyph heals. The 2nd healer should just heal penetrating cold targets and make sure he has grid which shows that.

Granted my 10m group is all 25m geared, and yes we have gotten the Tribute to Insanity.

You honestly have to 2-heal Anub. Have your block tank pick up the first two adds and have your dps kill it. If you have feral druids, shadow priests, or any spec that has a huge ramp up time, keep them on the boss as long as you have enough dps switch.

On the 2nd set of adds, cleave them down as much as possible but don't focus. Anub burrows around the time where the 2nd set of adds should die considering normal dps. You want to bring down Anub as much as possible before he submerges and then finish the adds when he's underground. Alternate is to focus down one then get back on anub if your OT can't take the dmg.

My group gets Anub to 47-49% before he submerges the 1st time. After he resurfaces I pick up the 1st set of adds and hold onto them, and then I gotta pick up the 2nd set. You have to BL during Leeching Swarm and ignore the adds in order to get anub down asap. Though, every week the kills feel like a massive butt clencher to get him down. Also, having your paladin tank have Glyph of Holy Wrath helps a lot if he doesn't have it already.

Main things is to not let any adds burrow under any circumstances. You may think it is a good idea, but adds can resurface at any time and 1shot a healer. Just be sure to stun/interrupt the shadow casts. Stacking BV and Lavanthor's Talisman and any other block gear, adds won't do much dmg.

Our comp
    Tanks: Blood DK (boss), Prot Pally(adds)
    Heals: Disc, Resto Druid
    DPS: Elemental, Destro, Enhance, Fury Warrior, Ret, Shadow (me)

The elemental drops the orbs, all 6, and we focus boss. Considering shadow needs ramp time, I open on the boss, DoT the adds, and go back to boss. We let cleaves, my DoTs, and the Ele shaman take the adds down.

p2 - Keep him following you as long as possible, getting ice at the last possible second.
    p3 - Burn hero and get Anub down asap. As the Shadow Priest, I have the healers call out for my Divine Hymn as needed and with JoL, VE, and WG - the raid heals are sufficient. The disc focuses the tanks while the resto keeps up the penetrating cold people with rejuvies on raid.

We use 2-healers. Resto druid, holy paladin.
    We DPS him down to around 60%, and then we get the burrow phase.
    We use 4-5 of the frost spheres in this burrow.
    So basiclly not kiting at all, just run to the closest one.

Then we get him to 30% and then pop bloodlust/heroism.

Also, before the first burrow we kill the two first adds, when he burrows
    we kill the two next. After he comes back up, we kill all the adds until
    phase 3, at 30%. Then we only kill the two we have up when he is around
    30% then just full nuke on the boss.

A video about how we did it here if you want to see;
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--eUtzlS82g

-Mask

Quote Originally Posted by Macktruck
    You honestly have to 2-heal Anub.
    This may be your preferred method, or the more commonly chosen one, but it is not required. We 3-healed it tonight. There is no mandatory makeup for this fight.

Lethal, Thunderhorn-US
    (US #1 2-night guild WoD)
    Tues/Thurs 7-11pm CT
    EN 7/7 Heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Bigslick
    This may be your preferred method, or the more commonly chosen one, but it is not required. We 3-healed it tonight. There is no mandatory makeup for this fight.
    Yes, but if you consider Anub has close to 0 Raid damage apart from the Penetrating Cold and the Insect Swarm wich should not be healed, 2 healers are the standard for the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart
    Yes, but if you consider Anub has close to 0 Raid damage apart from the Penetrating Cold and the Insect Swarm wich should not be healed, 2 healers are the standard for the fight.
    I dunno if 2 healing it is the "standard." We just killed him last Friday 3-healing it with only 1 burrow. Granted, your dps has to be on the ball with that method, but if you have players that can pump out the damage, that's ok. Seemed to work for us. :-)