Best profession for Ele?

I currently have alchemy and herbalism for my two professions, and am looking to drop one for something else. I was considering going to engineering with the haste buff to gloves with would be great. That would put me over 1100 haste ever minute. Plus there bound to buff the profession sooner or later. Thoughts?

Re: Best profession for Ele?

I personally went from Alchemy/Herablism to Alchemy/Jewelcrafting because A) great synergy as a transmute master, B) the raw spellpower from mixology + runed dragoneyes is amazing, and C) the ability to substitute a +hit dragonseye IF if ever need it allows me to move my gear choices around alot easier than other professions.
    Hopefully "at least" means "sometimes three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number flame shock shall tick, and the number of ticking shall be three. Four shalt thou not tick, nor either tick thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou holy lava burst of antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall suffer at least two more ticks of flame shock. Amen."
    :3 -Whowherewhat

Tailoring/JC

Alch is a Fine replacement, JC just gives you more versatility.

Tailoring is a must for any spell caster looking to maximize there DPS.

Since when tailoring outperforms blacksmithing? In combination with JC of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Executia
    Since when tailoring outperforms blacksmithing? In combination with JC of course.

I'm pretty sure all the professions are roughly the same since about 3.1 or so.

So it's up to you which profession you choose.
    Signature Nazi's suck.

JC is always your best Profession, hands down. As for the second profession, im gonna have to go with Engineering. Not only are the Cloak and Boot enchants superior to what else is available, plus the functions help out from time to time, the Glove enchant (300 haste proc on a 1 min CD) is far greater than any other enchant available.

I am a miner/jewelcrafter.

It is SO nice that you can socket your own armor.. PLUS you make money with the proffession...

Quote Originally Posted by Debikkel
    I am a miner/jewelcrafter.

It is SO nice that you can socket your own armor.. PLUS you make money with the proffession...

Well sure... but i think he is looking for raid profession and miner isnt really good for raid.

I have LW/JC. JC is nice for flexibility and profit. LW is nice because its an increasingly rare profession and offers some decent profession buffs. Wish drums were back in the game. Was alot of fun in BC to be wanted for more than your ability to cast CH and heroisms. Honestly the difference between them all is so minimal. Just dont expect to raid at a higher than average lvl with gathering professions.

i am a JC/BS...
    ... ....WHAT?....THATS IT..WTF..... THATS ALL I GOT TO SAY!
    Brb gonna go watch my penis grow

Deleted

JC/BS is generally considered the best for all classes.
    This is because they both compliment each other and offer the largest amount of varity.

10+ Year Old Account

It's up to you on what you really want to go for on a profession. JC/BS is considered a good combination crafting professions. Personally I went for enchanting/JC even with the overabundance of JCs and Enchanters on my server and still gets a pretty penny if you have a lot of the rare patterns for enchanting (30sp to weapon is a nice heirloom enchant).

Whichever one you go with, it'll take some money from your pocket to level it before you start to get it back if you max it out and get some of the patterns from Ulduar and ToC.
    :3

Procreate, wouldn't an ele shaman pick engineering for the haste glove enchant, rather than that rocket?

I'm alch / herb right now, but thats just because I am leveling it.. If i was level 80 and raiding, I guess maybe JC would be good instead of herb... But I am liking alch though. mixology etc

rocket only scales with your spellcrit chance and the 13% spelldmg debuff from moonkins etc.
    It doesn't scale with spellpower. No procc in the whole game scales with spellpower.

Besides the stats buff from JC, would engineering be next in line because of the haste buff on your gloves.

Here is what you can get from the various professions :

Alchemy : 47sp from mixology ( + 1 hour flask bonus )
    Jewelcrafting : 48sp ( 3x39 sp gems instead of 3x23 )
    Blacksmith : 46sp ( 2 extra sockets for 2x23 sp )
    Inscription : 46sp ( 70sp shoulder enchant instead of 24 from hodir )
    Leatherworking : 46sp ( 76sp bracer enchant instead of 30 )
    Enchanting : 46sp ( 2x 23sp ring enchant )

Tailoring : 295sp for 15sec ( internal CD 45 sec ) cloak enchant so this is a tradeoff for 23 haste enchant
    Engineering : glove haste boost or glove rocket launcher ( not sure how this translates into dps )

Quote Originally Posted by Azzarya
    Here is what you can get from the various professions :

Alchemy : 47sp from mixology ( + 1 hour flask bonus )
    Jewelcrafting : 48sp ( 3x39 sp gems instead of 3x23 )
    Blacksmith : 46sp ( 2 extra sockets for 2x23 sp )
    Inscription : 46sp ( 70sp shoulder enchant instead of 24 from hodir )
    Leatherworking : 46sp ( 76sp bracer enchant instead of 30 )
    Enchanting : 46sp ( 2x 23sp ring enchant )

Tailoring : 295sp for 15sec ( internal CD 45 sec ) cloak enchant so this is a tradeoff for 23 haste enchant
    Engineering : glove haste boost or glove rocket launcher ( not sure how this translates into dps )
    Engineering also gives:

24 crit + increased speed for 5 seconds to Boots(Nitro Boost)

27 Spell Power + parachute attachement to cloak