Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Auction House Guide, Vanish Bugs, Comics

good that they are trying to fix vanish,however i really dont see how it could be a buff when it's supposed to be how the skill works ??? (and it has been bugged since the dawn of ages)

Prepare for a wave of QQ that you've "revealed" this

Seriously though, it's good to see something like this getting posted on MMO-C. It's just a bit mood as every player and his brother will be doing this and per se this way of making gold is already dead. BUT the smart players will learn a lesson and hopefully be able to find other ways that works the same way.

I myself is a JC that's rich enough to pay for the rest of my wow career, and yes I used addons. But I can promise you that without addons like QA, commodities will be much much more expensive than they are curently. Imagine an economy where glyphs generally are 100g if on the AH at all, epic gems 300-400g (again if on the AH at all) and the list continues. Those addons are what keep the big auctioneers sane, and thus goods on the AH at a reasonable price.

You say you got 125,000 in 7 weeks. That doesn't really say much. :P
    You should have given an approximation of how much time / day you spent aswell.

Good post anyhow.

Its all great, but most people arent willing to spend like 2 hours each day to gain some decent gold. The techniques posted require quite some time. When I did money a time ago I spent max 30 mins per day on AH (gems, boe items, darkmoon cards, etc.), and I didn't make excactly as much gold as the OP per day. Anyhow, imo you cannot make a guide for making gold, and if you do so it will require techniques that take way too much time. Sharing knowledge about it will also quickly result in non-viability, since too many people will be doing it.

(for people that think that I dont know what i'm talking about: I made ~175k gold since Wotlk)

How is an automated add-on that's basically automatically buying and selling crap on the AH not botting? Is it only allowed because it doesn't involve farming or power-leveling? I see no difference, yet one is openly accepted.

Auctioneer is a real cheap addon, It's so much of a "cheating tool" since it gives you a huge advantage over others that are not using it. It's so huge that It's basically become a standard addon within the community.

I'm one of those guys who are too impatient to work the AH and manage to sell stuff for lots of gold. So I just kill old raid bosses for gold and do dailies. And I never understood Auctioneer either. It just makes the AH too complicated in my opinion.

But guess I'll try this, since I could use some gold to buy mounts for achievement points. Anyways, thanks, Boubouille.

I always like your information Boubouille, but please don't post AH information like this so publicly. If everyone was doing these things there wouldn't be much of a market for those who play the AH. I made a large profit doing the things you describe, just by figuring it out myself and it's good that not all 15000 players on my realm do these things as well, or there wouldn't be any market for me.

I'm sure alot of other players are not appreciating all this knowledge so readily available.

jewelcrafting and enchanting is pretty much the best way to make gold, prospect, cut, disenchant, auction, profit, earned around 50k gold by doing so, just have patience disenchanting ^^

Do you really need epic flying for all those characters though?

Also; ITT People who think the Ah is a big secret come in to cry about secretz revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Erasure
    Decent guide - however. Due to the amount of people reading this, every single way of making gold you just posted will most likely be useless for months to come.
    I've already seen most of the materials used in this guide been bought up from 2 of the servers I play on so yeah, this guide is near to worthless in a few days because so many people will be looking to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Molobolo
    How is an automated add-on that's basically automatically buying and selling crap on the AH not botting? Is it only allowed because it doesn't involve farming or power-leveling? I see no difference, yet one is openly accepted.

Auctioneer is a real cheap addon, It's so much of a "cheating tool" since it gives you a huge advantage over others that are not using it. It's so huge that It's basically become a standard addon within the community.
    I'm sure you'd like everything to be 2-3 times more expensive right? Because that is what will happen if there's no addons like Auctioneer and QA (just take a look at other MMOs which doesn't allow addons and have an AH).

Deleted

You're completely ruining the market....
    Now every complete idiot will try this...

Brb, gonna find a way to exploit this

Ruining the market, the servers will now drop in prices, Economys ruined... thanks -_-

I just bet that the only people complaining about this guide making AH-raping tactics public are the same people who already do exactly what the guide says to rape the AH. WHY DO YOU HATE EQUALITY?!

Also: it's been said once but I will repeat it. Vanish is broken and it has been known as broken for a very long time. The balancing of Rogues has been a process that has taken place in parallel with the brokenness of Vanish, and that brokenness has been taken into consideration during Rogue development. If they fix Vanish so that it is more effective, then Rogue power increases. As we have already seen, Rogue power is currently based on a broken Vanish. In order to maintain the current balance, it is inevitable that Blizzard will introduce a nerf to compensate for the increase in power a fully functional Vanish will entail.

I hope that's clear to anyone who's tempted to post about Blizzard nerfing Rogues to compensate for a FIX.
    Generation 29:
    The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

well nice u try to help ppl with your guide, but like the past showed often this will kill the system which worked 4 you.

If some ppl use your system of making money it works, but if many ppl try it on the same way it will only destroy the economy. Thats a fact. Its realy a difference if 10% use your system and 90% don't.

Nice guide nice idea behind you wanted to help ppl

but at the end it could kill ah economy on realms who has allready a hard undercutting competition in the ah.

Well

I already have an 80 of every class and all have their epic flyer, cold weather flying , and dual spec.

i also have every profession at max or above 400.

its so easy to make gold in wow lol

Quote Originally Posted by Oystersauce
    I just bet that the only people complaining about this guide making AH-raping tactics public are the same people who already do exactly what the guide says to rape the AH. WHY DO YOU HATE EQUALITY?!
    Nothing against Equality, think over do you think his guide works if ALL PPL try to make money on this way? There are allready enough guides like this one out there in the internet everyone who really wanted to find one was able to find one. I see only the Problem in the fact that when a popular site like mmo champ posts sutch a guide it really will hard influence the economy of all servers

thank you for evening out the playing field.

Deleted

thnx for crushing the wow economy

Alow me to QQ.

Thanks for posting stuff that i've been using.
    Now we gona have a 1000 JC's and a 1000 Enchanters on our realm.
    Good luck to the guys that actually want to lvl these two professions thou.