Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Auction House Guide, Vanish Bugs, Comics

Quote Originally Posted by Yiqa
    I always like your information Boubouille, but please don't post AH information like this so publicly.
    Come now, clearly Boubouille is sitting on a ton of Borean Leather that he is trying to get rid of ;-)
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by wlfbck
    sorry, have a question, i'Ve been using auctioneer for a long time, and this one: "Push the arrow at the top of the AH Panel to scan the whole Auction House, it shouldn't take more than a few seconds and it will let you download the data of ALL the items at the Auction House."

takes about 15-20minutes... not seconds^^ am i doing something wrong?
    Yes.
    (Because you are clicking 'scan' not the arrow at the top of the AH panel)
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

eventually stopped trading after reaching something like 15 000 gold (and that was a lot of money back in the days) because I realized that gold wasn't really useful ... I never really had to farm again because I'm not a big spender.

I will just say that I made 125 000 gold in 7 weeks just by doing that. (and probably have an extra 25 or 50 000 gold in reagents sitting in my bank)

ANYONE else think he just filled up hes pockets and then burned the bridge for everyone else? or is it just me?

I registered JUST to ask a question.

Maybe I overlooked this, as I don't have time (between classes) to read all 14 pages of the thread, but... what sort of bizarre, magical, fairy-world server does the fellow who wrote this guide play on? Literally every item in the guide that one would purchase to resell/vendor junk for money sells for as much as 2x+ that amount on my terribad server. Cobalt is 25g a stack for bars and 30g a stack for ore, and Borean Leather is 11g per stack. Then again, I play on a veerrrrrry old server, and our economy has been borked since forever.

Seriously, though... what server was this guide written with in mind?
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Personally, I'm happy Boub made this guide, and I'd like to see more. Its always fun seeing the techniques of others.

To all the complainers, just wait a few days. I'm sure 95% of the people will forget this even existed by then and prices will go back to normal. Besides, the true value of the guide is not in the specifics of the examples, but rather the techniques and uses of addons. Use the knowledge to find where the REAL money is while prices bounce for a while.

Lol, log on and what do I see? Shammy making a ton of Bloodstone bands and Sun Rock rings. Too funny :P

Quote Originally Posted by Gigikent
    Anyone that has 1 gathering profession and one other that makes items with what the gathering one provides can make money.
    So much fail.
    1) You gather items = profit.
    2) You use items either gathered by you or bought from AH (since they have exact same value) with crafting profession = profit.
    1 + 1 = 2, not 3. 1 = 1, not 0. Every profession is enough to make money, having 2 where other uses another doesnt multiply your profit, 1 + 1 = 3 you say ;D

oh snap, that should have been in guide, now its not secret anymore.
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

those that have been using this guide always see a new guy in town underbidding you in the AH every other weekend. the point is to stick with it everyday unlike the new guy that only does it for a few hundred gold. the people doing this will kill over in a matter of days or a week or two at the most and they don't even know we're talking about it because they probably dont even know you can comment on the news on the front page.

i'd probably go out and do some dailes while the new guys are in the capital cities. go fish, go do something. farm some runecloth. grind some rep. level a toon. there are tons of other ways of making gold. tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen
    So everyone is buying eternals and gems, making jewelcrafting crap, disenchanting it and selling scrolls in the AH?

It's time to craft and sell some Vellums!
    This man get it, sadly the rest of you so called businessmen don't.

Seriously people this isn't ruining the market in a major way, it is simply causing a shift in the market. A truly savvy businessman would look at this article as a huge opportunity to make money, you have a decent idea of how the market is going to move in the near future and you can relatively easily get ahead of it.

To help those of you busily spouting doom and gloom out a few ideas. Obviously this is going to increase demand for scrolls so scribes should be able to make a killing on this.

You say you don't have a scribe, just an enchanter? Thats fine, the post shows people that high level enchanting can make significant money, how will many people read this? To make money you should be/have a high level enchanter (obviously this isn't what the article says but many people will read it that way). So people think they need a high level enchanter, what will they do? Level enchanting, which will of course increase the price of low level enchanting mats. TADA, you just found a temporary niche market, congratulations. Now quit bitching about "ruining your market" and make some money.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

Quote Originally Posted by Logabas
    Personally, I'm happy Boub made this guide, and I'd like to see more. Its always fun seeing the techniques of others.

To all the complainers, just wait a few days. I'm sure 95% of the people will forget this even existed by then and prices will go back to normal. Besides, the true value of the guide is not in the specifics of the examples, but rather the techniques and uses of addons. Use the knowledge to find where the REAL money is while prices bounce for a while.
    The true value of this guide is 1 or 2 things and certainly not to "help" clueless ppl as this just floods it and no1 make money but the true value of this guide is

1. Gain traffic to this site

and 2 as some say to fill his own pockets some more by stocking up on the things he've said is good to buy and resell/craft item and DE, tho I personally dont believe number 2 as that would just be too low to do.
    As for nr 1 he has achieved it by far and can try to feel good about himself for doing it in this manner. What ever rocks the boat is good for him, bad for some but he dont see any responsibility towards us so good luck with next weeks piece on inscription to ruin it some more for us.

The QQ here is as priceless as it is retarded.

People who say the economy is ruined FOR ALL TIME are literally to stupid to insult.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sharaki
    So much fail.
    1) You gather items = profit.
    2) You use items either gathered by you or bought from AH (since they have exact same value) with crafting profession = profit.
    1 + 1 = 2, not 3. 1 = 1, not 0. Every profession is enough to make money, having 2 where other uses another doesnt multiply your profit, 1 + 1 = 3 you say ;D

oh snap, that should have been in guide, now its not secret anymore.
    No, you are quite wrong. 1 (gathering) + 1 (crafting) equals 2. Thats true. 2 proffesions for 2 profit.
    But 1 (Money) - 1 (gold required to BUY the raws) + 1 (crafting) is 1. This way you only use one proffesion, and have 1 profit.

i lol @ the "Traffic to his site"

fail less people.

Quote Originally Posted by Toktok
    i lol @ the "Traffic to his site"

fail less people.
    Feel free to point out all this fail.

haha. how many people that knew about this wouldn't even tell their own guildies how to do this? i even remember hearing another person in vent starting to tell them how to and thinking "YOU SON OF A BITCH"

the thing is, the turnover ratio of people that learn this and actually apply it to make some serious gold is really bad. they typically do it long enough to get something like an epic flyer or a nice buffer for repairs while doing their dailies to upkeep it.

it really is a joke that some people are upset over this. the only real issue i can see with people is if he did buy up all these mats for weeks before posting this to gain from it. but i dont think the purpose was to do that. i have more faith in the character of the people that run this site.

I can create 113.447g with dailys onley, in 7 Weeks... On EATCH lvl 80 Character i have ;D
    Onley 2 houers MAX, on eatch character. I wan't to do dailys one. Eatch day ^^ That is it.

It is ONLEY 11.552,75g less then what you made ^^ Boubouille

But still nice Guide If you wan't to make gold fast

Well people is as simple as this:

The more information any individual has on the more perfect it will get. Now everyone who was farming and actually doing something to get gold before he knew this will start acting according to the article. What follows is that the prices will go up until it is arbitrage free meaning that you can't make any money of of this anymore.

For example: Buying one item and disenchanting it and selling the disenchanting mats will give you the same amount as the item sold for. Meaning no more free gold .

Now stop crying about it. It's what all capitalistic markets (especially the US) is built upon. Simple economics really.

haha still laughing at the haters!

Quote Originally Posted by Deralte
    No, you are quite wrong. 1 (gathering) + 1 (crafting) equals 2. Thats true. 2 proffesions for 2 profit.
    But 1 (Money) - 1 (gold required to BUY the raws) + 1 (crafting) is 1. This way you only use one proffesion, and have 1 profit.
    Opportunity Cost
    Just because you gather an item yourself does not mean the item is "free," you lose the associated profit if you had sold the item thus your net profit is no greater then someone who bought the item.
    Fierydemise-ShaowCraft Engine Guy
    Rogue Chat-Blogging about Rogue PvE and Theorycrafting (Twitter)
    Rogue IRC: #Ravenholdt on Quakenet

and for you people wondering, this should generate people trying to level another profession. so buy some of those old world mats up out of the AH and sell them at high prices to stunt the growth and to make some money for yours/their trouble. just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by hvidgaard
    For instance it's possible to make an addon that scans the AH for what auctions you have up, check it against a predetermined list, craft the missing bits and post them - with the push of a button. Or an addon that mills/prospect all herbs/ores for you with one click, or just DE all of one type. None of those are allowed, but quite possible with the current state of the wow lua-api.
    No its not.