1. #1
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    696

    Tank Question.

    So what are some of the other Prot Paladins in full or near full ToC gear (iLevel 245) enchanting their chests with?

    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Evereghalo

    I am at 551 Def, and my last def enchant left is 22def to chest.

    What are some of yall's thoughts on 275 health, or 10 stats?

    I know Numbers wise the are marginal, but with so much defense being on gear I am seriously considering switching to like 275 health, just because I am very close to 41k Unbuffed, and wanna hit it, lol.

    Yes, I know EJ, and Tankspot exist, but I prefer to hear from what other prot paladins, IN SIMILAR GEAR LEVELS, are doing and thinking.

  2. #2

    Re: Tank Question.

    Granted I'm certainly not in that gear range, but I assume +10stats was more beneficial because you get str and sta.. Take that for what you will :P I realize you were asking for people that are ub3r but, thought I'd throw ya some food for thought ^^

  3. #3

    Re: Tank Question.

    Depends on how you answer those questions:
    Do you occasionally die from stuns / impales / other damage spikes? -> go for Health (highest + EH)
    Do you feel comfortable with your health but get pwned by fast hitters? -> go for Def (highest + Avoidance)
    Is neither of them a big problem and do you want more threat? -> go for 10 stats. (low + EH, low + Avoidance, high + Threat)


    PS.: I think you need Vindication and Judgement of the Just, stop being a baddie with +7% crit and don't tell me someone else is doing that for you because that can't be true for all of TotGC.

    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  4. #4

    Re: Tank Question.

    IF you are def capped, slap + 10 stats.

  5. #5

    Re: Tank Question.

    i'd go for 275hp personally if you're already at 551def. 10stats will give you 130ish hp and 10str and 10 agi which gives you a little bit avoidance but if you're already in 245 gear then that little mitigation means nothing and increasing your health pool is more important. so I say 275hp.

  6. #6

    Re: Tank Question.

    you may want to look into using the defense to chest still, i recall reading somewhere that after 40k unbuffed hp to start to drop block and stack avoidance and defense was a good choice as far as avoidance goes even after being capped. im not to this point on my off spec, lol so havnt taken the time to investigate this further.

    GL

  7. #7

    Re: Tank Question.

    Health if you feel you're cutting into DR for avoidance too much.

    Def if otherwise.

    There's zero reason to use the +10 stats enchant.

  8. #8
    Pit Lord Eurytos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dirty South
    Posts
    2,250

    Re: Tank Question.

    I'm mainly toc geared. i use +275 hp. defense would be my other choice if i felt like changing for some reason. never +stats though.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...uryto/advanced

    If there's one thing I'm not, it's in control.

  9. #9
    Warchief Adamson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    West-GA
    Posts
    2,062

    Re: Tank Question.

    275 health without a doubt. If you think 10 agility and 10str is any form of noticeable mitigation you're wrong.

    And if you're doing it for threat purposes you're really doing i wrong. No tank should be having threat issues, and certainly not paladins.

  10. #10
    Stood in the Fire Spaceshuttle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    472

    Re: Tank Question.

    Another coin in the pot for health

  11. #11
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dallas, Texas
    Posts
    696

    Re: Tank Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nillo
    Depends on how you answer those questions:
    Do you occasionally die from stuns / impales / other damage spikes? -> go for Health (highest + EH)
    Do you feel comfortable with your health but get pwned by fast hitters? -> go for Def (highest + Avoidance)
    Is neither of them a big problem and do you want more threat? -> go for 10 stats. (low + EH, low + Avoidance, high + Threat)


    PS.: I think you need Vindication and Judgement of the Just, stop being a baddie with +7% crit and don't tell me someone else is doing that for you because that can't be true for all of TotGC.

    Oh yea, because I just so need talents that are brought by both of our ret paladins in the guild, our Blood DK, our feral druid, and the Enhance shaman in our guild.

    Shut the fuck up, and join a real raiding guild where people are reliable enough to show up.

    Or why dont you get some dps that can easily pull 8k fully raid buffed on fights that dont require them to move.

    You lost all credability, learn to not judge people before you even know shit about them.

  12. #12

    Re: Tank Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Oh yea, because I just so need talents that are brought by both of our ret paladins in the guild, our Blood DK, our feral druid, and the Enhance shaman in our guild.

    Shut the fuck up, and join a real raiding guild where people are reliable enough to show up.

    Or why dont you get some dps that can easily pull 8k fully raid buffed on fights that dont require them to move.

    You lost all credability, learn to not judge people before you even know shit about them.
    ROFL

    Fuckin' neeeeeeeeeeerd raaaaaaaaaaaaaaage

  13. #13
    Mechagnome Happybucket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Groningen, the Netherlands
    Posts
    584

    Re: Tank Question.

    Healthest of healths!






    nree why did i log out in retri spec/prot gear:<

  14. #14

    Re: Tank Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Oh yea, because I just so need talents that are brought by both of our ret paladins in the guild, our Blood DK, our feral druid, and the Enhance shaman in our guild.

    Shut the fuck up, and join a real raiding guild where people are reliable enough to show up.

    Or why dont you get some dps that can easily pull 8k fully raid buffed on fights that dont require them to move.

    You lost all credability, learn to not judge people before you even know shit about them.
    1) your Ret Pallys always attack your target hmm can't believe that, Your blood DK has -20% attackspeed gg he sux, your enhancer has -20% attackspeed good for you.

    2) It's not about that

    3) I did Northrend beasts heroic you did not, so I guess you still wipe because you take 40% more damage than you should.

    4) Where did I loose credibility? all you gained for skipping MANDATORY debuffs on the mob that can be put up by a prot Paladin with almost 0 effort (compared to other classes) was 6% more crit. And all you gained for skipping a stronger sacred shield and an awesome raid dmg reducer is 3% more overhealing taken. Seriously your post has proven that you are really a baddie .
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

  15. #15

    Re: Tank Question.

    To answer the OP:

    - shortest answer: keep the Defense enchant
    - short answer: it's the best enchant in terms of budgeting item points
    - real answer: check out your avoidance value after DRs with the 3.2 values, and you'll probably find you'll need 1-2% more to reach 102.4 (happens to a lot of people that drop Block Value, me included). Defense is the best way to cover it
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

  16. #16

    Re: Tank Question.

    use 275 health! i have it and i love it alot!

    gogo 275 health

  17. #17
    Stood in the Fire Spaceshuttle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    472

    Re: Tank Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evereghalo
    Oh yea, because I just so need talents that are brought by both of our ret paladins in the guild, our Blood DK, our feral druid, and the Enhance shaman in our guild.

    Shut the fuck up, and join a real raiding guild where people are reliable enough to show up.

    Or why dont you get some dps that can easily pull 8k fully raid buffed on fights that dont require them to move.

    You lost all credability, learn to not judge people before you even know shit about them.
    I actually agree that you should have it. You as a tank are responsible for your own survival. The other tanks/specs bring it and use it to improve their game. Why should you be any different. Just my two cents though.

  18. #18
    Warchief SoulPoetry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Location: Location:
    Posts
    2,059

    Re: Tank Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Parium
    I actually agree that you should have it. You as a tank are responsible for your own survival. The other tanks/specs bring it and use it to improve their game. Why should you be any different. Just my two cents though.
    it really depends on the guild how you set things up. you could have a feral with infected wounds and a fury warrior set up to demo shout, leaving him (presumably MTing) with as much threat as possible so the other dps can all wtfpwn hard modes.

  19. #19

    Re: Tank Question.

    Quote Originally Posted by SoulPoetry
    it really depends on the guild how you set things up. you could have a feral with infected wounds and a fury warrior set up to demo shout, leaving him (presumably MTing) with as much threat as possible so the other dps can all wtfpwn hard modes.
    Some things to add:
    Threat is not an issue: and the 6% crit is neither good as it affects only a small part of our dmg done nor a reliable source of threat for a prot paladin because it only adds to the RNG.
    A fury warrior is basically wasting 5 points into demo shout that are better spent somewhere else.
    There are encounters where you have to tank something without the help of others (moving worm @ northrend beasts, Jaraxxus adds, Anub adds), and you will get raped if you can't place debuffs on the mobs. (but hey at least the 4% more crit you have is enough to have a dedicated debuffer on your mobs)
    Armories:
    Pally: Chiaki
    Dk: Telare
    Warrior: Irlida

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •