Power auras and mage

I have question what you set on power auras to show on your mages? Atm i have only set hot streak procs but I think ill set for 75% 50% and 25% of mana and 50% of health. What else is good to have set?:P

Re: Power auras and mage

Trinkets, special encounter buffs (as in Hodir etc etc), actually any thing you might want to know about in a fight, can be setup.
    If its called Tourist season, why can't I shoot at them?

anything. i have loads set up with this mod. i have slowing effects on myself or my target, timers for procs that need to be used, all my cooldowns, scorch/ablast stacks, you could have living bomb timers, it does the lot.

basically, think of it as a notification tool for anything you do with your mage, especially so if you pvp.

also, be creative with the lookout, some notifications i have created 6 or 7 times to layer up the effects, makes for a unique and colorful ui.

Deleted

Obviously, it also depends on your spec. As an arcane mage I immediatly set up auras for Clearcasting and Missile Barrage...

Quote Originally Posted by Merp
    Obviously, it also depends on your spec. As an arcane mage I immediatly set up auras for Clearcasting and Missile Barrage...
    Why clearcasting... I dont see how this would modify your rotation any?

On my note, i have it set for my arcane mage for MB procs and to tell me how many stacks of AB I currently have up.. Also I have it set up for certian debuffs I may recieve.

for my frost spec... i have it for FoF and if my target is actually frozen... trying to figure out how to have it deal with focus targets...

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Caeldeth
    Why clearcasting... I dont see how this would modify your rotation any?

On my note, i have it set for my arcane mage for MB procs and to tell me how many stacks of AB I currently have up.. Also I have it set up for certian debuffs I may recieve.

for my frost spec... i have it for FoF and if my target is actually frozen... trying to figure out how to have it deal with focus targets...
    because if clear casting procs off of his 4th arcane blast, it is better DPS to use another arcane blast
    BfA Beta Time

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account

just go Scorchio2, it has the necessarities

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    because if clear casting procs off of his 4th arcane blast, it is better DPS to use another arcane blast
    A four stack Missile Barrage is MUCH better dps than a four stack Arcane Blast. It might be better mps to use it on Blast, but not dps.

Nearly everything.

Hot streak, living bomb duration on the target, living bomb lacking on the target, Arcane Power being off CD.
    You may now kiss the ring.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    A four stack Missile Barrage is MUCH better dps than a four stack Arcane Blast. It might be better mps to use it on Blast, but not dps.
    7262.694 dps, 677.8624 mps = ABSpam
    7199.522 dps, 153.0721 mps = ABSpam04MBAM
    7122.006 dps, 115.8454 mps = ABSpam024MBAM
    7076.281 dps, 97.94714 mps = ABSpam0234MBAM
    6975.286 dps, 65.87646 mps = ABSpam1234MBAM
    6725.712 dps, 17.99562 mps = AB4ABar1234MBAM
    6537.764 dps, -6.532028 mps = AB3ABar123MBAM
    6303.927 dps, -31.41933 mps = AB2ABar12MBAM

yup, you're right, what was i thinking

** credit to grayswandir, originally taken from EJ
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Pasture
    While that would have made sense before the patch, now MBar doesn't eat up clearcasting and the AM is free from it. So what you're looking at with Clearcasting is either a free 4-stack AB or a free 0-stack AB. I know which one I'd prefer.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

While that would have made sense before the patch, now MBar doesn't eat up clearcasting and the AM is free from it. So what you're looking at with Clearcasting is either a free 4-stack AB or a free 0-stack AB. I know which one I'd prefer.
    It doesn't really matter, unless you're stopping casting after each spell to see if clear casting proc'd (which you shouldn't be doing) you will have already started casting the next spell, which will use up your clear casting anyhow.

Back on topic though.

AB stacks, Hotstreak procs, mana gems, evocation etc.
    Its insanely useful for monitoring debuffs too. Mark of the Faceless say, make it show a massive red skull over your screen. Pretty hard to not notice that.

Also have started using it to monitor my molten armor and make sure its up. Done a couple of boss fights without it :S
    As I am now, you too shall be. Prepare, therefore, to follow me. -- Scottish tombstone epitaph

If you have enough time to decide which spell to cast after a clearcast procs off an arcane blast, you're not chain casting.

Auras for encounter specific debuffs can be pretty useful. The frost debuff on Hodir and the fires on Koralon are a couple I've set up.

There are such things as movement fights where you might actually have time to see. Obviously in the 1 or 2 fights now that don't require you to move at all ever, Clearcasting procs are irrelevant.