Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: What are my locks doing?

Thank you guys for the helpfull feedback. While it was by no means an optimal raid for any of us (19 ppl signed at start, some of our best people had to go in 2nd spec to fill out gaps), hopefully tomorrows raid will be better (28 signed).

I will take your advice and deal with the situation. djuni will most likely not be staying as she is on trial and not performing. Matas and shardless will get a warning and if they fail to improve to a acceptable level (taking into account the missing caster buffs) they will be demoted.

Appart from to low dps, all our locks suffer from just plain beeing dead. I guess when they died in fires half the time I should have just removed them then. But everyone always gave me excuses like "cloth dps die really easy in wotlk" etc etc.

I think when all 3 locks had SS on themself and died twice during faction champs and these were the only 6 deaths during the fight was when it just went too far..

15+ Year Old Account

Faction Champs, for Warlocks:

CC will get you focused, and killed. Howl of Terror is like saying "HI I HAVE A DEATH WISH" on this fight.
    Standing between two melee will get you focused and killed
    Not dropping your portal before the fight will get you focused and killed.
    Using Demon Armor and Soul Link will let you live an extra 3 seconds tops.

Run. Kite. See that Warrior/DK/Rogue? See him walking straight at you? Run you bastard! Run! KITE SO THAT OTHERS MAY LIVE!

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by Sasse
    I think when all 3 locks had SS on themself and died twice during faction champs and these were the only 6 deaths during the fight was when it just went too far..
    Faction Champions is an incredibly easy fight. Although I am the #1 dps in our guild (by a long shot; we have a Blood DK that gets close on some fights), I spend 90% of my time on this fight kiting/banishing/fearing. I put up burst damage where I can on a target, but for the most part, I tank with the Voidwalker and kite enemies through frost traps.

You shouldn't be surprised that your warlocks or any other clothies are dying on this fight. The key is kiting, and that's not something any caster is particularly used to (unless he pvp's). Kite, CC, kite, CC, kite, CC; demon armor when kiting, fel armor when bursting.

Your locks should always soulstone healers or melee dps kiters (particularly DK's), not themselves, especially if they aren't doing a lot of damage anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

15+ Year Old Account

Under the tank on Vezax?! I can pull aggro on that boss, all paladins had me macroed for Salvation.

I would give them 1 more reset if they are not preforming well then kick all 3
    they all should hit 10k dps with their gear on General Vezax for destro lock

Mana is not a problem at all, I have over 4k mana left on HM and still be top 3.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Sasse
    I will take your advice and deal with the situation. djuni will most likely not be staying as she is on trial and not performing. Matas and shardless will get a warning and if they fail to improve to a acceptable level (taking into account the missing caster buffs) they will be demoted.

Appart from to low dps, all our locks suffer from just plain beeing dead. I guess when they died in fires half the time I should have just removed them then. But everyone always gave me excuses like "cloth dps die really easy in wotlk" etc etc.
    There is no excuse for dps dying. None. Whatsoever. The only excuse allowable is RNG on the healers or tanks, and even then its a stretch. Here's how ranged stays alive in TOC:

Beasts: Stay 10 yards apart. Use /range from DBM to figure it out. If you're closer than this, you chain the fire/poison onto other people, causing more raid damage.
    Jaraxxus: If you get Legion Flame, run away from the raid BUT STAY WITHIN RANGE OF YOUR HEALER GOD DAMMIT. You should never get hit hard enough otherwise. Standing near an Infernal is idiotic.
    Faction Champions: Kite. Be aware of your surroundings. Use defensive cooldowns when the Rogue looks at you.
    Twins: Watch the bosses, watch yourself, stay away from opposite color orbs.
    Anub'rekan: If you are ~ever~ getting hit on this fight, slap yourself.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by quantumface
    If they aren't going into ISL then they need to put a point in shadowburn. It WILL make a difference when they are on the move. Shadowfury is situational at best and medicore dps compared to shadowburn.
    Shadowfury doesn't do much less damage than Shadowburn... Neither scale very well, but Shadowfury has much more utility. Both can be used as an 'on the move' nuke as well, though Corruption is an even better option. I can't think of a reason for someone in ToC to still need to be 3/15/55 though, so it's kind of a moot point.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    Shadowfury doesn't do much less damage than Shadowburn... Neither scale very well, but Shadowfury has much more utility. Both can be used as an 'on the move' nuke as well, though Corruption is an even better option. I can't think of a reason for someone in ToC to still need to be 3/15/55 though, so it's kind of a moot point.
    ISL scales with your mana pool, so 2% back soon becomes more than you actually spend on a spell. Thus you never, ever go oom and your lifetaps become buff-only. 3/13/54+1 becomes top dps spec at this point, such that you actually use the lifetaps you're casting anyways.

R.I.P. YARG

Quote Originally Posted by gherkin
    ISL scales with your mana pool, so 2% back soon becomes more than you actually spend on a spell. Thus you never, ever go oom and your lifetaps become buff-only. 3/13/54+1 becomes top dps spec at this point, such that you actually use the lifetaps you're casting anyways.
    That doesn't occur until full BiS ToC gear. It also assumes that Replenishment is not any form of gain for your raid. Even under those conditions it's only been shown to be a .3% DPS gain.

Quote Originally Posted by shamwarlock
    this is my lock
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ngar&n=Ashnaar

Afflict is the best spec to raid, i do 5k on patchweark type fights and 4k on normals, considering my stuff its good.
    I must disagree, depending on what gear you have, yes...affliction is a good spec, but also based on play style destro is just as viable. I do that much destro spec and guess what, my gear isn't quite as good as yours.

The only spec between affliction and destro that doesn't put out as much dps, but does provide overall raid dps buffs is demo. Otherwise, affliction and destro are about on par with each other if you have the gear for either spec.
    Destro crits are such a gamble for aggro sometimes....I find myself always saying, "Big crits no wammies...BIG CRITS NO WAMMIES"

definitely recruit more warlocks, let the new warlocks have test raids, if they out dps the other warlocks, slowly take away one warlock at a time until you got rid of all three of them, don't give them a raidspot in important raids and they will slowly leave the guild, at which point you can have a guild party.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixxon
    Your warlocks are just lazy or stupid, plain and simple.

I have been playing a Warlock in PvE for 2.5 months, switching from a ret pally and having no clue how to be a caster.

Here is my Armory:
    Nìxxon (The weird spec with soul link is so I can tank the worms in phase 2 of NRB Hard Mode.)
    20% hit?

To the OP i honestly think they need to learn to play. I don't think there is anything wrong with their gear. Anything under 2.1k spell power is fairly low, but that all depends on the level of content they are doing. Around 2.3-2.5k is fine for 25man raids. But if they don't know how to play, it doesn't matter.