Moonkin help please!!!

I've read up on all the forums, here, EJ, WoW, all of them. I use Rawr, which yes, I know was developed for Ferals but I do like at least the idea of it. I keep seeing these posts about Moonkins getting 5-7k DPS in raids and I'm just not hitting that. Can someone take a look at my build and gear and see if they can help me out? Also I have been doing 10s alot but am about to start doing 25s again with my new guild I'm about to join. Could that be the difference? I know I most likely never be at the top of Recount, but I'd like to get a little higher.

Any suggestions??

http://www.wowhead.com/?profile=us.suramar.oriona

Re: Moonkin help please!!!

Your spec is pretty much the usual raiding spec, although if you really aren't having mana issues (I know I haven't in ages) you should take the points out of Moonglow and Intensity and pick up Imp. Moonfire and whatever else. Btw I've heard Dreamstate is better than Moonglow if you do still need some help with mana.
    Gear wise it makes sense you won't be seeing that high of dps, you're still in some gear out of Naxx, which isn't a bad thing, just means you need to look for some upgrades. If you're saving triumph badges focus on getting the tier pieces before the frills like that idol or off set pieces.
    You're over hit capped by about 40, so if you can moving something around to another stat.
    All in all I think it's just a matter of gear and some slight spec tweaking. And I don't know who these crazy chickens are hitting 7k-8k, but they must also shoot lazers out their other orifices if they're hitting that hard. XD

Talent-wise I'd say dumping moonglow and keeping 2/3 Intensity is the way to go. 2/3 Intensity should be enough for you not to ever have mana issues, providing your raid setup is sensible (BoW/Totem, Replenishment, Intellect Buff). If you're moving to 25man content, you should never have this issue.

On that same note, dump all your Mana regen gems, you just shouldn't be needing them.

Scrap that weapon and enchant, farm the ToC heroic each day for the Black Knights dagger. Surely you've got a nice offhand lying around somewhere. If you insist on keeping that staff, at least grab 81sp

You're a little low on haste, aim for 401 haste rating (again assuming the correct raid layout).

IMO I'd be gemming entirely for SP/Haste orange gems - and forget your socket bonuses unless you're talking about the +7sp or +9sp bonuses that come with T8.5/T9 - these are worth filling in assuming the socket colours are RED + ??

Any other problems will probably be down to your rotation.

Get FF up first, then Moonfire -> Insect Swarm -> Wrath till Eclipse -> Starfire till Eclipse etc. I find that refreshing my DoTs as soon as they end is better than waiting for Eclipse to end... but this is up for debate.

Don't clip your DoTs, and use your knowledge of the fights to make sure you can maximise your DPS uptime.

I'm a 10man strict boomkin, and can do between 5 and 6000 dps depending on the fight. I'd like to think with proper buffs and 25man gear I'd be over 7000dps (infact my last VoA25 PuG was ~6.9k DPS on Koralon, so it's true what you hear!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&n=Gammonflaps

Quote Originally Posted by Scunosi
    Your spec is pretty much the usual raiding spec, although if you really aren't having mana issues (I know I haven't in ages) you should take the points out of Moonglow and Intensity and pick up Imp. Moonfire and whatever else. Btw I've heard Dreamstate is better than Moonglow if you do still need some help with mana.
    Gear wise it makes sense you won't be seeing that high of dps, you're still in some gear out of Naxx, which isn't a bad thing, just means you need to look for some upgrades. If you're saving triumph badges focus on getting the tier pieces before the frills like that idol or off set pieces.
    You're over hit capped by about 40, so if you can moving something around to another stat.
    All in all I think it's just a matter of gear and some slight spec tweaking. And I don't know who these crazy chickens are hitting 7k-8k, but they must also shoot lazers out their other orifices if they're hitting that hard. XD
    Frills like the idol? It's 200 crit rating up 100% of a bossfight, in other words: a very good idol. It's cheap as well, only 25 emblems, so I would buy that first and wait with every other upgrade. Ohterwise I can agree with your post.

Deleted

You are not going to be hitting 5-7k DPS in that gear, unfortunately. However, there are means for fixing that

You have very little haste. You need to be around 350-450 haste, ideally at 400 haste, but a little less or a little more is okay. Also, you dont want to actually gem for haste is you can avoid it (if the socket bonus is great). Get the haste you need from gear, and use your sockets on spellpower or SP/spirit gems. Fixing your haste will do a lot for your damage - when i was in a mix of Nax 10 and Ulduar 10 gear (gotten from offspec, i was tank at that time), i had no problem capping haste, so im sure you can do it aswell. Before 400 haste rating, haste is a MUCH better stat to get than crit.

Other than that, you are in a mix of Nax and Ulduar gear, and i think it is probably a bit premature to be expecting to do damage on par with TOTC+ geared druids. You will get there, eventually

You're also pretty high on +Hit, aim for 10% (or even 9% if a Draenai is always with you). Everything else has been said - remove manareg from sockets and from spec, aim for 400 haste, then crit, and remember that SP >>> all.

For those 7k DPS, just compare your stats to other Moonkins - even in my mediocre ToC 10 man gear I have more than 3k SP raidbuffed (incl. totem), so I think you are way behind gear-wise. (I usually get around 6k DPS on non-gimmick single target fights.)

Thanks for the help everybody!! I was starting to think I wasn't going to get a reply. Anywho, I've been trying to work on it the last few days since I'm about to join my new guild that is running both 10s and 25s instead of just 10s. I knew some of my gear was gonna be part of the reason, just trying to fill in the gaps elsewhere.

I do have the Spectral Kris, Fonzey, but any suggestions on an off hand? Only thing I can think of I have lying around would be my Voodoo Shaker..... ;D

Off hand from Ignis 10, Kologarn 25, or any from 10 or 25 TOC would be good (altough 2 of them have hit, and you are purportedly well over hit cap already)