Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Twin Valkyrs 25 Heroic... Shields?

I'm a mage and we tank both of them on top of each other.

All dps has the dark essence and we're dpsing the white one.

We're all bunched up and staying on such a position that you only need to click to switch to white essence, portal is right next to you.

When the dark one gets the shield I:

- Click the portal
    - Pop Presence of Mind
    - Shoot Arcane Blast
    - Pop Arcane Power
    -Spam arcane blast

By the time I get to the spamming it's already the fifth second of the cast.
    It might be a bigger dps increase if I just skip the presence of mind + AB but I cba to do calculate anything right now, the shield go down!
    You may now kiss the ring.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

We run a melee deep setup on Twin Valks. Havent killed it but repeated <20% wipes last night with 8% being the closest and a really cack call by someone.

We run 8 ranged, 2 tanks (ofc), 6 healers and rest are full melee.

6 Ranged grab light and 2 dark. Their priority is the light are picking up the orbs purely going central. If its not going central just avoid them it'll go to someone elses. Dark are just for clearing up so that Light Vortex is controllable.

All melee are stacked Dark.

We ALWAYS heroism the dark shield due to this. Light shield and Dark vortex are basically relatively easy.

Hunters can Deterrence Dark Vortex to completely negate the damage it deals and continue collecting light orbs. SP's dispersion(i think, im not a SP so can shoot me down if im not right there) etc. Ideally locks are good for dark collectors as they can put their shields on 1 side run around the otehr then port clear up that side a bit and resume dps.

This way the only 2 difficult things in the encounter are dark shield and light vortex

Dark shield as i said we handle it with Hero and the light orb collectors do as much dps as they can here whilst still collecting orbs. We usually get the shield down with 1-3 seconds left.

Light Vortex we have paladins who use Aura Masteried Shadow Res and its just an avoidance action here whilst if they have readiness'd hunters can clear a little bit of the dark orbs with detterence again. DS is good here too to help clear orbs but be careful of the splash damage.

Like t_P above me says we also tank them both stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by nubnub2009
    No it doesn't.

On the Twins shields combat log doesn't tell you anything on your damage, therefore no mod can tell you what dmg you have done on them.

If Parrot is telling you your total absorbed damage on Twin shields, then it is in "guess" mode and thus not accurate as i said.

The best way to check someone is dps'ing the shields properly is to see how many absorbed HITS they have on the shields, and visually check when they pop their cooldowns. That is what makes the fight a retard check. People who use everything they have outside of shield duration, to "pad" dps meters, are basically retards.

They are the same retards who post dps meters afterwards when they are on top at Twins, not realising that everyone else is laughing or being angry at them for being noobs.

There is no way to check if switching colours will do more dmg to the shields for the same reason above. The only way to check if switching colours produces more dps on shields is to time how fast you kill the shield without switching compared to with switching.
    While this used to be true it is not anymore(Added in 3.1?). All events such as SWING_DAMAGE/SPELL_DAMAGE now has the parameter absorbed containing the absorbed amount.

http://www.wowwiki.com/API_COMBAT_LOG_EVENT

EDIT: You can easily test this by duelling a priest and watching your combatlog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xhosas
    Why do ppl thing that dodge isnt good in ICC? i mean if u have alot 25 bananas and 25 oranges and someone steals u 20 bananas, what will u do, buy back some bananas or buy more oranges?

I'm NOT reading all replies so ignore if this have been posted.

You get mages, hunters and shadow priests to buff themselves with the LIGHT essence. The rest of DPS with dark essence. This stays like it through the whole encounter.
    Next you get EVERYONE apart from the two tanks to bunch up at the door, nullifying the orbs by up to 90%. The odd misguided one is easily healed through if needed. The tanks tank them close together (but not too close) for DPS to switch fast (without moving!!) when the shield comes up. It will be close, I mean like usually the last second we popped the shield, but we had no deaths and caked the encounter after ironing out a few wrinkles. The hardest part is healing through the essence explosions (name?) but with good healers it's manageable. We have Divine Hymn rotations towards the end when mana is low.