Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted

Re: Cataclysm Details, Blue posts

Quote Originally Posted by dadou131988
    Poor Horde?
    What are you talking about, this is amazing...

Finally, the Horde goes back to their savage nature...
    Best expansion ever...
    this!

Quote Originally Posted by Nenormalen
    Wow, that's so racist...
    what did u expect from blizz remeber worgeN

Garrosh not letting trolls in the center of Orgrimmar? What the hell? What a dick. The trolls must revolt and show that alien scumbag who is the boss!
    Jaded and cynical bastard, plain and simple.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

• Garrosh is confirmed to be the new leader of the Horde. He has redesigned Orgrimmar and the Taurens and Orcs are the only races allowed in the center of the city because they're the only ones strong enough to defend it.
    Everyone's a little bit racist
    Sometimes
    Doesn't mean we go around committing
    Hate crimes

Also nice to see they're still trying to fix Blink.

You are still going to be able to go to Org is you are belf, undead etc.. It's "story-wise" they have been booted. I mean come on, Blizz not letting people in the biggest horde city? Sounds like a bad plan to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarzuur
    No more paladin trainer in Thrall's Garrosh's room then!! (Or Vol'jin :-X)

If the Garrosh rebuilding of Org happens over multiple patches 4.x, then I wonder if it is setting up a further story to unfold there.
    in the expac tauren will be paladin, so theil put a trainer their, probleme solved ;D
    WoW free since 8/10/09
    well i got stuck homesick with nothing to do pretty much and... for the sixth time, i started playing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarzuur
    No more paladin trainer in Thrall's Garrosh's room then!! (Or Vol'jin :-X)

If the Garrosh rebuilding of Org happens over multiple patches 4.x, then I wonder if it is setting up a further story to unfold there.
    Tauren Paladin trainer sup

From the trailer, it seemed like most of the stuff that was "altered" was just splashed with craters and lava. I think that previously barren places like Silithus, or lush tropical forests like Un'Goro and Stranglethorn, should have some sort of radical elemental change, like a snowstorm. Imagine if one half of Stranglethorn became frozen, and everything was ice.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Undercity Champion says: "I punched a penguin on my way in here."
    Argent Confessor Paletress says: "Oh, my. Do you feel remorseful, at least?"
    Undercity Champion says: "Nah, not really. I just wanted to see the look on your face."

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Blink falling through terrain / up slopes etc fixed?
    It's a gamble each time i try to use the skill.. will I live, or will I..... oh shi..
    Oh shi..HEY ITS THE BRAIN ROOM!

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille

• Apparently Southshore wasn't retaken by the horde (it was mentioned during Blizzcon) but has succumbed to tidal waves.
    I hope so. Southshore is alliance, better it be flooded than taken by the horde!!
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

where's the hunter love

Well... yay for blink... now how about Disengage... I swear sometimes I'm in front of a 5degree incline or the tiniest bump in the trail and I go back like 2yds and continue to get mutilated instead of continuing to kite

Quote Originally Posted by nalcarya
    It wasn't said the Horde had retaken it as far as I remember the quote was more like "The Alliance has finally lost Southshore"
    Nah horde had taken it.

The devs at blizzcon jokingly said they were on one morning and the alliance weren't defending it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard
    We agree with Communism.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe
    Imho, Night Elf mages make absolutely no sense lore-wise.. <Wall of Text>
    As someone else has already explained (though in another giant text wall, which is why I am choosing to respond), Night Elf Mages fit lore perfectly. The highborne did not all become High Elves and stop studying arcane magic. This is not a silly retcon or anything either. The Shen'dralar have been in the game since Dire Maul was added, which is the major settlement of remaining highborne.

They are Night Elves who chose to simply leave the mass population of Night Elves (those of Darnassus now) and continue studying arcane magic. They now have come to realize that it was basically foolish what they did in the past and the split from the remaining Night Elves was needed but that time is over and they seek to rejoin the main branch of Night Elves in Darnassus.

So in a nutshell, Night Elf mages still existed after the sundering, they have existed in WoW since vanilla, and them trying to rejoin the main branch of Night Elves makes perfect sense lore-wise. If you want to read more about them yourself I suggest reading the [url=http://www.wowwiki.com/Shen'dralar]Shen'dralar page on WoWwiki.

15+ Year Old Account

Apparently Southshore wasn't retaken by the horde (it was mentioned during Blizzcon) but has succumbed to tidal waves.
    Win! Those filthy Horde will never take over Southshore with it at the bottom of the ocean!

Imho, Night Elf mages make absolutely no sense lore-wise. The very reason that High Elves and Night Elves went their separate ways was that the Sindorei practised Magery while the Kaldorei did not, as the latter considered Magery to be the cause for the destruction of their civilisation.
    Have you forgotten the Shen'dralar living in Dire Maul and practicing arcane arts? Hello, night elf mages? They already exist in-game. You'll just be able to play one now.

I see Shen'dralar rep becoming important again. (And on a side note, Hydraxian Water Lord rep, too.)

Now, if Night Elves start to dabble into the Occult again, there is absolutely no reason why High Elves and Night Elves live in separate societies, no reason why the Blood Elves should be opposed to Night Elves.
    Are you nuts? Look at the real world, people hate each other over stupid prejudices for centuries - the elves are just like other sentients, over the next thousand years they may shack up but its not something which is going to happen over a few months.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by sdkphoenix
    Win! Those filthy Horde will never take over Southshore with it at the bottom of the ocean!
    Not a problem with undead being able to breath underwater, natch.

Wow Garrosh sure is getting out of hand here. :-[
    Quote Originally Posted by Sella
    Not a problem with undead being able to breath underwater, natch.
    ;D

one can only hope that garrosh learns something in his adventures in icecrown.

like maybe a human saves his life so he isnt as stupidly, retardedly, ignorantly hateful.

maybe now he just hates for a good reason.

like humans look like they have downs.

or gnomes are small and stupid and anyone who plays them thinks they are SOOO funny!!!

dwarfs... look horrible..
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=18680007792&sid=1&pageNo=4#74

It would be awesome if this means that the trolls retake their capitol city. Why would the Troll leader hang out in a city that doesn't think much of his race anymore?