Thread: i was thinking.

i was thinking.

Hallo.
    Im playing a warlock, and raiding mostly 10 mans. the 10 man group im in is mainly getting melee buffs. but i ofc do get some buffs like resto shaman totems. and CoE from my self. i would realy like a 5% crit buff but cant get it unlesss i change my spec.
    this is my Spcc / amory link.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...azrigos&n=Tash

but i was thinking that i could pick a new spec like this
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...4qxx,q8p,10505

and now to my question would i lose much dps by casting one shadowbolt every 30 sec ? like the mages are doning with scorch. im normly doning 4-5,2k dps. depends on the fight / raidset up we got that day but as i sayd we dont have a raiding mage for the 10 man or balance druid.

Thanks for your time Hope you can give me some anwsers ?

Re: i was thinking.

The question is, should you be playing a mage? With that spec, you're liable to go OOM rather quickly, and it's not always safe in terms of survivability to Life Tap every 10 seconds (besides the additional GCD, which will hurt your dps). I think the dps that you're going to lose from casting a shadowbolt every 30 seconds is negligible to the dps you're going to lose when you go OOM 30 seconds into the fight. (Seriously, cast Rain of Fire five times and tell me you don't need some kind of mana regeneration.)

The 5% crit buff is very nice, but your spec may be more important. My suggestion is to give it a shot, but don't expect to see a huge dps increase. Crit itself is a tricky thing, so you'll need to evaluate your results over a longer period of time -- sometimes I crit more often without raid buffs, due to how finicky rng can be. It's hard to rely on crit unless you actually stack it.

Besides, you generally get more than enough crit from gear. I'm a little frustrated at the moment, in fact - my warlock stands at 35% or more crit in raids, and that's not including any kind of crit debuffs. I'd much rather the t9 gear come with equivalent haste, but I digress.
    Quote Originally Posted by L2theuka
    "OMG Rock is so OP NERF NERF NERF, paper is fine though" - Scissors

I dont to oom in 30 sec, im lifetaping often to keep the buff up from the Glyph of Life Tap
    and never tap unless i know its safe.

But thanks for your answer ill try it and see how it works, not tryed it yet. in school atm but will try it when i get home, just wanted to hear what you other warlocks had to say about it.

Destructive reach also has the threat reduce built in, you NEED it!

Okay so to Sum up the spec itself isnt that good cos i need 2/2 destructive reach and some point in cataclysm, do you think that its needed to have 3/3 in cataclysm then other wise the spec could look like this

http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...TUaS4Gt,,10505

any inputs. ?

15+ Year Old Account

Drop destructive reach in favor of full 3/3 Pyroclasm. Your gear is good enough to warrant this as you will get a very high uptime.
    Just play smarter so you don't pull aggro.

And you won't lose much dps casting one shadow bolt every 27.5 seconds. The amount gained outweighs the amount lost.

R.I.P. YARG

Too much of this really depends on your raid composition. How many casters are you running? Who is bringing replenishment? Do you have an elemental shaman? That kinda thing.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Azyoulike
    Too much of this really depends on your raid composition. How many casters are you running? Who is bringing replenishment? Do you have an elemental shaman? That kinda thing.
    It's a 10 man, and they have a resto shaman so ele is out.
    Replenishment is key.
    COE + ISB is about 18.5% more damage from every caster and 3-6% more from half-casters (DK's for example)

If you don't have a mage, you might want to consider running Affliction with a Felhunter. Int + Spirit buff as well as ISB built into the spec.

R.I.P. YARG

Tbh i dont like playing aff. thats why i tho that this might be a good ide to pick the imp SB talents.
    we normaly get replenishment from a rep paladin or a hunter.
    Tps is never realy a porblem since im useing soulshatter when im about too pull arggo. but never tryed to play without the -10% threat.

the raid setup normaly looks like this.
    http://raidcomp.mmo-champion.com/?c=...00000000000000
    Thanks for all the good replays so far