Ok, so most people agree the DMF card greatness does not need a buff, but where are Scribe's new recipes - yeah they got the scroll of stam, handy if your raid has no priest .... LWing got recipe drops, enchanting has recipe drops, tailoring has recipe drops JC got epic gems and so on, So should new recipes for Scribe's be found in ToTC or even Ulduar? maybe a new offhand, rare "vanity" minor glyphs (glyph of polymorph Jormugnar grub?) new DMF card or other trinkets? DOnt tell me its greedy to want new recipes - ive seen how much you can make from the new epic gems. Ideas and thoughts please.

Re: Inscription: What you should of asked

I would love to see some very rare, expensive and extremely powerful new glyphs with a cost high enough to only justify it for raiders and the extremely wealthy.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Munk
    I would love to see some very rare, expensive and extremely powerful new glyphs with a cost high enough to only justify it for raiders and the extremely wealthy.
    The big thing is that they need to be expensive to make. Maybe add a Crusader/Rune Orb in there or something. Glyphs are too cheap to make and that creates a situation where the AH gets flooded with stacks of 10 by a number of people.

new craftable epics would be nice, keep with the offhand books or something.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

perhaps a crusader orb used to make upgraded shoulder slot enchants to sell as well as buff the scribes shoulder chants.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter
    The big thing is that they need to be expensive to make. Maybe add a Crusader/Rune Orb in there or something. Glyphs are too cheap to make and that creates a situation where the AH gets flooded with stacks of 10 by a number of people.
    Thats exactly what I had in mind but I guess specialty shoulder enchants would be very nice as well something like the equivilent of meta's for helms only possibly unique per class.

As I said before they need to be VERY expensive to disuade there casual use or creation.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it. I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't; I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rozwell
    perhaps a crusader orb used to make upgraded shoulder slot enchants to sell as well as buff the scribes shoulder chants.
    No. Scribes don't want their own stuff to be more expensive, and the shoulder enchants are already in line with the other profession bonuses so they won't be buffed. They want things that cost more to make that will be wanted by raiders so they can being to make a profit again.
    Quote Originally Posted by shags
    you cant parry spells but you can dodge them ...

Didn't scribes (or as they are more commonly known on trade, inscriptors or inscriptionists... go figure) get a LOAD of new patterns with ulduar? I know Glyph of ToW came with that patch... slong with a lot of others.

Inscription is like Alchemy, yes they got the new gem transmutes with the patch but as far as flasks goes... they never get buffed versions of the flasks later on in the xpack...

Alchemy also has no dropped patterns in recent raids, please don't suggest that they implement glyphs that require an orb to make... Inscription uses inks to write on scrolls, the only thing I can see scribs getting to do with orbs is something along the lines of

Inscribed Crusader Orb

Which would either be a material needed to make another item by another profession or a medeocre epic offhand, just because its not as profitable as JC right now doesnt mean it should get more patterns... when ulduar hit I saw people selling the new glyphs for 200-300g... everyone has had their "golden" moment on the AH

to be honest, the only ones who were screwed over were LWers during naxx... Leg patches cost NOTHING to make and were really cheap, then they made it so you needed an orb to make a leg patch... all that happened was leg patches became really expensive to make and the price on the AH stayed the same.

And as mentoned above... if they buff the Scribes Shoulder chants then they would have to buff every other professions stats too... as it stands every profession gets roughly the same ammout of a buff from their unique items (IE: JC Gems, LW Emboss, Ring Enchants and so on)

I would like different stat combinations for shoulder enchants. I'd like to see a stamina one from inscription, as well as a resillience one