Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Idea on a new warlock spell - Manipulate

Quote Originally Posted by greysin
    you're combining something similar to the what the goblin racial will be with a spell a priest already has (that sucks but still, no damn reason to give a warlock MORE to work with)

Thank you, at least that was (partially) constructive.

Re: Idea on a new warlock/Shadow Priest/Engineering spell - Manipulate

Lulz. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by y0wni
    You might be right on 3 of those things , but read the whole topic ffs. Some items can always be excluded. Like those Mechanohog mats. They can even put a price on it ( eg items below 50g ) but I admit that it's a pretty useless spell then.
    See, you're starting to get the point. You've mentioned in your last few posts that 'they can jsut exclude X', then 'they can just exclude Y' where eventually you reach the conclusion that they will exclude everything, because it all amounts to free gold. After this point, there is not point to this.

You also have asked for a logical discussion but then say 'like I have said a dozen of times' where in fact you have not said anything 12 times at this point, as you have only replied to this thread less than 12 times at this point. I cannot have a requested logical argument with someone who will not at least remain confined to logic when replying.

The gist of the posts: Buying mats at reduced rates is overpowered. Include or exclude anything you want to, it is over powered.

Another note, Blizz hates abilities where it does on thing to one target and something else to another target. This has been stated over and over when they have been requested to make spells do one thing in PvP and another in PvE. Yes, some abilities like this do exist, but only because they were 'grandfathered' into the game due to existing before the expansions (Curse of Doom for example).

You can defend your idea to the grave, but that is where your idea will ultimately end up.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Modez
    See, you're starting to get the point. You've mentioned in your last few posts that 'they can jsut exclude X', then 'they can just exclude Y' where eventually you reach the conclusion that they will exclude everything, because it all amounts to free gold. After this point, there is not point to this.

You also have asked for a logical discussion but then say 'like I have said a dozen of times' where in fact you have not said anything 12 times at this point, as you have only replied to this thread less than 12 times at this point. I cannot have a requested logical argument with someone who will not at least remain confined to logic when replying.

The gist of the posts: Buying mats at reduced rates is overpowered. Include or exclude anything you want to, it is over powered.

Another note, Blizz hates abilities where it does on thing to one target and something else to another target. This has been stated over and over when they have been requested to make spells do one thing in PvP and another in PvE. Yes, some abilities like this do exist, but only because they were 'grandfathered' into the game due to existing before the expansions (Curse of Doom for example).

You can defend your idea to the grave, but that is where your idea will ultimately end up.

Of course will it end up in not getting implemented. I knew that before I posted. If I really wanted this to be implemented I'd have posted it on the WoW official forums.

And you know as well as I do that 'I've said this for like a dozen times" is just a way of speaking.

Re: Idea on a new warlock spell - Manipulate

Quote Originally Posted by y0wni
    I know that, I already said that it could exclude items worth more than X gold. Or exclude some specific items.
    But nonetheless, ty for sharing.
    Think of it this way, what items can you possibly include that would be in any way useful?

Only 3 kinds of white item get bought from vendors regularly.

Crafting supplies - this would be OP, you'd have to exclude ALL crafting supplies.
    Ammo - consumable ammo is going to be removed from the game we keep getting told
    Food/drink - not enough gold to matter but ok, i guess you can have cheap food.

So give some examples of the items where you see this providing a benefit but not an OP benefit. The mechano-hog components are an extreme case but ask yourself how much gold is spent on vials, parchment, thread etc. every week on your realm - trust me it's plenty.