Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541

    What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    This post applies to anyone because I know it ill appear on the front page from time to time.

    I am interested to see what kind of DPS numbers people are pulling in Trial of the Crusader(25) and Trial of the Grand Crusader(25). Results from 10man are cool, but you don't get the full set of buffs to push your numbers into the stratosphere.

    While the evening was a wipefest on Twin Valkyrs(H) (still trying to iron out the ranged orb soaking), I found that I was putting up some staggering numbers. Anyone else have parses of this fight specifically? I'd like to see if I can get even higher.

    I know I am losing a bit of DPS for a couple of unavoidable reasons. First, I spend a great deal of time threat capped on this fight even using Hand of Salvation on myself. Second, I use Divine Shield/Divine Sacrifice on the Light Vortex. I do benefit from the bubble/sac though because I don't have to run to change my attunement. I can just keep whacking away(at 50% damage) while everyone else runs around.

    WMO Parse from last night: <Warfare> vs Twin Valkyrs(H25) 09/28/09

    RV Crit ticks of 32K FTW

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  2. #2

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    i tank beast,and anub so i dont have my number for him and i dont remember what our other ret do
    but i do about 8k on jarax (dpsing adds too)
    4-5k on champions,

    my best was 14600 on twins

    and our other rets was at 9-10k on anub (not a kill yet tho)

    wowmeter doesnt count aoe right ? that 9-10k dps is on boss and adds with reccount

  3. #3
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch
    i tank beast,and anub so i dont have my number for him and i dont remember what our other ret do
    but i do about 8k on jarax (dpsing adds too)
    4-5k on champions,

    my best was 14600 on twins

    and our other rets was at 9-10k on anub (not a kill yet tho)
    You are referring to heroic?

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  4. #4

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    yes

  5. #5

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    Second, I use Divine Shield/Divine Sacrifice on the Light Vortex. I do benefit from the bubble/sac though because I don't have to run to change my attunement. I can just keep whacking away(at 50% damage) while everyone else runs around.
    /sigh

    First, this is a ranged beneficial Fight, if you give ranged the Dark anyways becuase the 100 stack buff lasts for 3 seconds longer on dark. Melee are in the center where as they have to assume and hope that ranged don't accidentally eat their orb colors while swatting.

    On a Kill attempt my DPS is probably 10-14k, I'm not allowed to post our guild parses as they are private. But the majority of the raid is 9k+. Melee (at least for us) rarely get the buff, or if we do its once per fight.

    Anways, why I Sighed. Divine Sac is complete and utter crap. It absorbs up to 140% of your HP then it stops. It dosn't absorb 140% of your HP as damage for 12 seconds.

    Means if you have 30k HP Raid buffed, it will absorb 120,000 damage. If that damage happens in 2 seconds, you have 10 wasted seconds, etc.

    Aura Mastery is what you should do. The dark balls are shadow damage, the light balls are fire damage. You can pop AM and reduce everyones damage if there is an incoming "Ball-fest" for 12 secs with AM and tada, helps healers. AM also helps on Yogg 0/1, Anub Heroic, etc.

    Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

  6. #6

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    I hate geared guilds and your dps, lol. I have never seen 10k (or even 9k) ingame on Shadowsong. I don't have anything logged from ToC (only cleared 10. My guild don't do 25mans, too much drama and headaches) but heres my last 2 runs, 25vault and 10XT hard mode

    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q...lo/Koralon.jpg

    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q...XTHardMode.jpg

    And that Koralon run is about the best of the best of Shadowsong, lol.

    I've seen myself hit upwards of 7500 on Gormok the Impaler, but usually drop down to 5-6kish toward the end of the encounter. 6k seems to be my median playing as a Mut Rogue.

  7. #7
    The Patient razisgosu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fuwa Fuwa Time
    Posts
    340

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Garrosh
    /sigh

    First, this is a ranged beneficial Fight, if you give ranged the Dark anyways becuase the 100 stack buff lasts for 3 seconds longer on dark. Melee are in the center where as they have to assume and hope that ranged don't accidentally eat their orb colors while swatting.

    On a Kill attempt my DPS is probably 10-14k, I'm not allowed to post our guild parses as they are private. But the majority of the raid is 9k+. Melee (at least for us) rarely get the buff, or if we do its once per fight.

    Anways, why I Sighed. Divine Sac is complete and utter crap. It absorbs up to 140% of your HP then it stops. It dosn't absorb 140% of your HP as damage for 12 seconds.

    Means if you have 30k HP Raid buffed, it will absorb 120,000 damage. If that damage happens in 2 seconds, you have 10 wasted seconds, etc.

    Aura Mastery is what you should do. The dark balls are shadow damage, the light balls are fire damage. You can pop AM and reduce everyones damage if there is an incoming "Ball-fest" for 12 secs with AM and tada, helps healers. AM also helps on Yogg 0/1, Anub Heroic, etc.
    except you do realize that with divine shield there is no damage taken and therefore the divine sac is limitless?

  8. #8
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Garrosh
    Anways, why I Sighed. Divine Sac is complete and utter crap. It absorbs up to 140% of your HP then it stops. It dosn't absorb 140% of your HP as damage for 12 seconds.

    Means if you have 30k HP Raid buffed, it will absorb 120,000 damage. If that damage happens in 2 seconds, you have 10 wasted seconds, etc.
    Unless they hotfixed this recently, that isn't how Divine Sacrifice had been working. When used with Divine Shield, Divine Sacrifice was absorbing 30%(Don't have the talent points to spec into Divine Guardian) of an unlimited amount of damage because the paladin was immune. If you know of the "fix" to this, please provide the link or location of where I can read about it.

    Previously, the Divine Sacrifice buff was lost when the absorption limit had been reached. As of last night, The Divine Sacrifice buff is staying up throughout the duration of my Divine Shield leading me to believe that it is still absorbing the whole time.

    WMO doesn't allow you to see damage absorbed like WoL does. I might need to upload a parse to WoL some time just to see if this is still true.

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  9. #9

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by razisgosu
    except you do realize that with divine shield there is no damage taken and therefore the divine sac is limitless?
    Not since 3.2

  10. #10

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by BDF
    Not since 3.2
    source please, havn't had any problems with it.

  11. #11

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deathflid
    source please, havn't had any problems with it.
    You have just not noticed. This was changed a while back. I don't have a blue link, I'm sure you can find it. But if you havn't noticed, most of the high end guild rets don't spec into it anymore, and havn't since 3.2 came live. Its a crap talent that does almost absolutely nothing on encounters where the entire raid is taking damage.

    Now on fights where there is 1 or 2 tanks taking damage only, it's still pretty good.

    Do I give you Ret Dreams?
    "It's your $14.95 a month, but when you are in a raid, you are wasting our $358.80."

  12. #12

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    This post applies to anyone because I know it ill appear on the front page from time to time.



    I know I am losing a bit of DPS for a couple of unavoidable reasons. First, I spend a great deal of time threat capped on this fight even using Hand of Salvation on myself. Second, I use Divine Shield/Divine Sacrifice on the Light Vortex. I do benefit from the bubble/sac though because I don't have to run to change my attunement. I can just keep whacking away(at 50% damage) while everyone else runs around.

    -If you are threat cap'd why aren't you switching your aura and valkyr target?
    -I'm not sure how you are getting threat cap'd though, we have tanks be opposite colors of their target for max threat.
    -And do you not have people switch the light aura on light vortex? I'm guessing that I'm missing something on that strat

  13. #13

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    RV Crit ticks of 32K FTW
    I can have good dps on a gimmick fight too.

  14. #14

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    This is from my last weeks kill. Nothing too amazing but tonights kills should be substantially better due to gaining 3% crit 100ap, and 200 top end weapon damage.

    These are btw 25m reg numbers.
    Beasts - 5430 I should also note that i leave p1 @ over 7k but that quickly falls due to dropping SoCorr stacks multiple times on the worms.
    Jaraxxus -7335
    FC - 4,376
    Twins - 11257
    Anub - 5,793

    As I said nothing too amazing, ill post tonights numbers for ya when im done.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want.* If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.* If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it.* I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't;* I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

  15. #15

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    This post applies to anyone because I know it ill appear on the front page from time to time.

    I am interested to see what kind of DPS numbers people are pulling in Trial of the Crusader(25) and Trial of the Grand Crusader(25). Results from 10man are cool, but you don't get the full set of buffs to push your numbers into the stratosphere.

    While the evening was a wipefest on Twin Valkyrs(H) (still trying to iron out the ranged orb soaking), I found that I was putting up some staggering numbers. Anyone else have parses of this fight specifically? I'd like to see if I can get even higher.

    I know I am losing a bit of DPS for a couple of unavoidable reasons. First, I spend a great deal of time threat capped on this fight even using Hand of Salvation on myself. Second, I use Divine Shield/Divine Sacrifice on the Light Vortex. I do benefit from the bubble/sac though because I don't have to run to change my attunement. I can just keep whacking away(at 50% damage) while everyone else runs around.

    WMO Parse from last night: <Warfare> vs Twin Valkyrs(H25) 09/28/09

    RV Crit ticks of 32K FTW
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I've done that in 10M.

    It's all about when you get the buff. If you get it when you don't have to switch targets and are un-interrupted for the period of it with wings, of course you're going to do enormous damage. It's just a biased fight for some, nothing more to it.

  16. #16
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shutupanplay
    -If you are threat cap'd why aren't you switching your aura and valkyr target?
    -I'm not sure how you are getting threat cap'd though, we have tanks be opposite colors of their target for max threat.
    -And do you not have people switch the light aura on light vortex? I'm guessing that I'm missing something on that strat
    -We have the entire melee group stacked in the center and attuned dark.
    -For the Touch of Light (or w/e its called), we just heal through it. Even with the Lightbane tank having the dark attunement, I am pulling 9k TPS(according to the WMO page).
    -The melee group switches attunement for the Light Vortex. Ranged switch on the Dark Vortex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asur
    I can have good dps on a gimmick fight too.
    That's the point. Highest DPS on the optimal fight for you in the instance. Its tough to grasp, I know.

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Prentice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Crushridge casually
    Posts
    3,541

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Elamahpla
    I hate to burst your bubble, but I've done that in 10M.

    It's all about when you get the buff. If you get it when you don't have to switch targets and are un-interrupted for the period of it with wings, of course you're going to do enormous damage. It's just a biased fight for some, nothing more to it.
    You must be hella lucky or use a significantly different strat. I rarely ever get Empowered Darkness in our 10mans. Our 25 man requires the use of CD's and trinkets on the first bubble, then we lust on the second bubble, and trinkets/CDs are back up for the third. So even if I get lucky enough to get Empowered, I still can't pop CDs with it.

    Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

  18. #18
    The Patient razisgosu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Fuwa Fuwa Time
    Posts
    340

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Garrosh
    You have just not noticed. This was changed a while back. I don't have a blue link, I'm sure you can find it. But if you havn't noticed, most of the high end guild rets don't spec into it anymore, and havn't since 3.2 came live. Its a crap talent that does almost absolutely nothing on encounters where the entire raid is taking damage.

    Now on fights where there is 1 or 2 tanks taking damage only, it's still pretty good.
    i have looked around and found nobody clearly stating that this was changed. unless you have a source for me to prove otherwise i'm unable to believe it. i have 3 very good ret pallies in my guild and all 3 of them are specced for divine sacrifice.

  19. #19
    I am Murloc! Nienniora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Quebec
    Posts
    5,161

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sol Garrosh
    But if you havn't noticed, most of the high end guild rets don't spec into it anymore, and havn't since 3.2 came live.
    lol whut? look around Swampy and Prentice still use it.. i consider them High end
    stop lying you havent checked

  20. #20

    Re: What kind of numbers are you pulling in TotC25 or ToGC25?

    Quote Originally Posted by Prentice
    You must be hella lucky or use a significantly different strat. I rarely ever get Empowered Darkness in our 10mans. Our 25 man requires the use of CD's and trinkets on the first bubble, then we lust on the second bubble, and trinkets/CDs are back up for the third. So even if I get lucky enough to get Empowered, I still can't pop CDs with it.
    To be frank im suprised you are having to blow cd's on the shields in 10m heroic. We dont specifically save anything for them and almost always have them down less than half way through the cast, and for the record my best parse on the twins is from a 10m did 12.5k. Again its all about luck of the draw getting good orbs in timing with cd's and minimizing movement.
    I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want.* If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money; but what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I've acquired over a very long career, skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.* If you let my daughter go now that will be the end of it.* I will not look for you, i will not pursue you but if you don't;* I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •