Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Auction House Guide - Inscription

Hi Boubouille, hi everyone.

It seems that the "Summary" and "Queue QA" options do not work with the French client. I got a message saying "Cannot find class index, localization issue perhaps?". I've been sellings glyphs for a while now, and that part of the addon would greatly facilitate my work. I usually use an excell sheet to know how much inks in need to trade before crafting...

Anybody has the same issue ?

(and yes, you can trade stack of inks with the NPC by holding SHIFT. 20 inks at maximum per clic..)

++

EDIT : grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    According to the armory, the only character named "Lostdrewid" plays on EU-Aggramar.

http://www.wowarmory.com/search.xml?...searchType=all
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/search.xml?s...searchType=all

I created an alt on this server and just ran a scan with the snatch list I use on my server. Here is what I found (Click the picture for the full version)

Next time you try to troll in a news post, I suggest that you do your homework first.
    Don't be an ass. Prices are different from server to server, and your prices have also seem unrealistic to me.
    I wanna go back to my trainer and learn a new spell in the next expansion! And we all need to be able to fly from day 1 ! (And fly over the Exodar and Silvermoon on our own mounts!)

Quote Originally Posted by Pumps
    Don't be an ass. Prices are different from server to server, and your prices have also seem unrealistic to me.
    Its a guideline, making a guide without adding some form of numbers would make it extremely hard to express how easy it is to make gold with inscription.
    If a stack of Icethorn on your server goes for 40g your glyphs should be worth more as well.
    So either thats true (most likely)
    Or it isnt and every scribe on your server is a retard since he's selling at a loss (unlikely).

Pick your poison, im going with option A.

+ 1 Idletime

Any real AHer has been prepared for this. Dealt with competition in the past and rdy for more.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    According to the armory, the only character named "Lostdrewid" plays on EU-Aggramar.

http://www.wowarmory.com/search.xml?...searchType=all
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/search.xml?s...searchType=all

I created an alt on this server and just ran a scan with the snatch list I use on my server. Here is what I found (Click the picture for the full version)

Next time you try to troll in a news post, I suggest that you do your homework first.
    Ever so clever you are. Except one problem: lostdrewid is not my toon.

My comments were a reply to both your guides, and all of them fail on all of my servers. A-Ursin-US, H-Shandris-US, H-Malorne-US and A-Ghostlands-US.

Furthermore you're showing us Eternal Earth. That's one single thing from one single aspect of the guild, and it's the one mat virtually guaranteed to be cheapest anywhere. You sure did show me.

if you're getting 6 inks of the sea and 2 snowfall inks from a single stack consider yourself fortunate. i've been inscription since it came out and you average 5 inks of the sea and 1 snowfall ink over the long run (i usually mill anywhere from 30 to 60 stacks of herbs at a time, and i buy them for 20g per stack, any more and it hurts the profit margin on my server).

Selling Glyphs is really hard and will require you to do a lot of research to find the most valua.... No, just kidding, you just sell all of them. Trying to figure out what glyph is worth crafting or not is just a waste of time because the glyph market is always moving and ALL glyphs will sell, no matter how bad they are.
    Strictly untrue. There are glyphs that you can make and will never sell; I made 3 demonic circle glyphs over two months ago and have listed them every day since then. None have ever sold.

It doesn't really matter when you're listing hundreds a day but if you're breaking into the market you should do a scan and not make stuff selling for sub 4g. Some glyphs are just awful and no one will ever want them.

Best tip I can add to what you said is the following; figure out when people raid on your server (different for every server, usually between 6-8 local time) and list glyphs with a 12 hour auction at around then every day. Simple, easy, usually makes me 100-1000g a day for very little hassle. Takes about 20 minutes a day.

Never ever list glyphs with 24 or 48 hour auctions. It's true. The market moves. Also never ever bother to perform huge undercuts. Does nothing. People who list glyphs do so with addons and pay no attention whatsoever to the prices. You can't "Drive" someone out of a market that costs nothing to maintain stock in. 15 copper to list a glyph isn't enough to bother even looking at my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark
    Strictly untrue. There are glyphs that you can make and will never sell; I made 3 demonic circle glyphs over two months ago and have listed them every day since then. None have ever sold.
    There are those on every server. Myself I made that same glyph and sold 2 of them yesterday for about 20g each. I have a Frostbolt glyph I made ages ago that's just sitting there. By and large though you can make almost every glyph in your arsenal and it will eventually sell. At a 30c list price it's not a big hassle as long as you have something like auctioneer or something.

Another thing you'll want is some sort of tradeskill mod that plugs into auctioneer to tell you the current going prices of whatever you're crafting. Until you know what sells and what doesn't, you can just go through that and just make glyphs that are selling for a least 'X' amount of gold for your profit margin.

saying that the darkmoon card isnt worth anymore is extremely naive, i learned inscription on my lvl 71 druid alt, maybe 2 months ago, and i went from 2k gold at the start, to 40k gold now.

sure, you might say that that is "slow" gains for some people, but thats still 38k profit in a reasonable amount of time (2 months is a game card, so that really shouldnt be considered a long time in terms of wow) from a method that you deem as dead.

maybe you dont make alto of gold from it, because you try to buy all the mats for 50 or so cards at the same time, instead of buying eternal lifes and herbs over a period of a few weeks in order to buy for the lowest price possible (i have not paid over 16g for a single eternal life, or over 20g for a stack of adders tongue or icethorn).

i send all the cheap mats to an alt with a guild bank, and a few days before the faire, i make over 100 cards.

and also, make sure you trade excess cards for ones you do not have!!! do not sell the excess cards in order to buy mats for to make more cards.

making decks is still extremely profitable.

with nobles decks at 4-4.5k on my server, and undeath decks at 900-1.5k.

good post otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account

Is this really needed to be on the news?

why bother with so much stuff if you're a scribe
    craft http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45854 and sell it 1 on 1 for like 500g each, they go like hot cookies
    Dear developers,

please nerf Rock, it's too overpowered. Paper is fine, however.
    Signed, Scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by animagi
    if you're getting 6 inks of the sea and 2 snowfall inks from a single stack consider yourself fortunate. i've been inscription since it came out and you average 5 inks of the sea and 1 snowfall ink over the long run (i usually mill anywhere from 30 to 60 stacks of herbs at a time, and i buy them for 20g per stack, any more and it hurts the profit margin on my server).
    Agreed. This guide is going to bankrupt a lot of players.

i didn't bother to read all the posts but here are two solutions to two problems.

you can buy stackable items by shift clicking them(doesn't work for items that are bought in stacks like symbol of kings or water). for example, you can shift click an ink from the trader and you can type 20 to buy a stack(you can only buy one stack at at time). at the very least you don't have to click something 500 times.

when waiting for mail when you're past the 50 item limit, simply reloading your ui will make the mail appear(/console reloadui). also useful when you get any glitches too.

Maybe its a little offtopic atm, but still ...

Luckily most people are to dumb to understand those guides.
    If not, then its a guide "how to ruin realm auction house".

Many of us worked months to develop working "ah economy", even with all those chiners around and now you're just giving it away.
    Not cool imho.

O well thats glyph market fucked to for a good month or so. Hope you stocked up on enough herbs,ink and books to sell bou.

And before ppl say this is known for a long time, a clue would be that QA has doubled it's number of DL's in less then 2 days(from 11 to 22k ), go figure :

Deleted

Another good guide, this could apply to any profession: find the disenchant or crafting with the largest profit margin.

Though the AH stuff is pets and mounts, so not worth the hassle unless you are AH'er or a collector.

Deleted

Whoa, prices are already going up on my realm

Should I sell my flasks now or later?
    I got 140 flask of the Frost Wyrm,
    and I think their price might go up with the herbs,
    but they might not sell so well..
    :-\

Like many in here, i really dont know how to respond to your guides.. I mean, on one hand its pretty cool to help ppl. out, but fucking up the AH market on the larger pop. servers, not cool imo. - Like one stated the downloads on the listed addons has doubbled, just shows what is going to happend-

What nobody knows is that Boub is actually a herb farmer and this is his way to increase the prices of herbs!

I won't fall for this!

Quote Originally Posted by bbr
    Lots of market for this.
    And yeah, there's people selling stuff for 30s, or 25g, the prices vary a lot, and there are a LOT of different glyphs out there.

The bulk mail you receive back is a real problem.
    Not sure why bulk mail is a problem. Is it all of the expired auctions and you have to open each mail and remove the item? There are macros to automate this. For example...

/script CheckInbox() for m = GetInboxNumItems(), 1, -1 do TakeInboxItem( m ) end
    Quote Originally Posted by MashTehKeyz View Post
    I sent Kil'jaeden an eMail bout an hour ago and let him know he can find Exodar on google earth and he replied "thnkx bro ima go blow it up now k?" but just now he sent back "pshaw its empty cept of < lvl 6 Draenei scrubs whatsa point /sad demon face. ttyl bff <3 KJ.